• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABC: Nintendo releasing "2 Dees". Plays same games as "3 Dees". Cuts price of "Wii"

their still calling the WiiU a Wii... man and they just show a controller too... no wonder people still call it a accessory for the Wii and not a new Console

MMaRsu

Banned
throw-some-d-s-on-it.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

Kater

Banned
"Now, Billy, money's a little tight this year so we can't afford those extra dees. I'm sorry, but you'll have to make do with the two dees. They play the same games as the three dees but in less dees. But look on the bright side, it has one more screen on it than your Wii gamepad we got you last year!"
I'm laughing tears xD

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Well... it is a Wii. Same way the PS3 is a Playstation. "Sony cuts the price of its Playstation console" wouldn't really sound that stupid, would it?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If this only 2 D's, how many D's does the PS4 have?

*strokes chin while deep in thought*

"Plees understand".

Nintendo has a serious communication issue, because they are usually awesome with their branding.

To be fair, Nintendo releases all this info on their press releases. Sometimes some media outlets wil get hands-on with their products, but everythibg is on the press release. The 3/2DS and Wii U names will be there. I'm assuming whoever released this didn't bother with the press release and simply read some arti le, wrote the names from memory, and released it.

Outside of maybe ads and comercials, we can't really blame Nintendo for the mistakes the media makes. Every media outlet should have a tech person translating all this "encoded" info.

The DS brand has been around for almost 10 years. Nintendo can only do so much about name confusion at this point. Can't really fault them for someone still calling it a "Dees" in a world where I still hear "pokeymans" from time to time.

Now the Wii U, that's another story...

jmizzal

Name is not the problem, Reggie :lol

ABC is so fucking dumb tho

To be fair tho, if they were talking about a PS3 or Xbox 360 price drop, they would prob say Sony is dropping the price of the Playstation or MS is dropping the price of the Xbox without using the numbers, I have heard that plenty of times.

Shandy

With how popular the DS was, I'm surprised no one realised that she said it wrong. Or maybe they just couldn't be bothered fixing it.

If this only 2 D's, how many D's does the PS4 have?

*strokes chin while deep in thought*

8GB GDDeesR5.

Sandfox

Why don't people care to do research when they want to talk about or buy something? Saying its lower resolution because simply because of 2D makes no sense at all.

Jonm1010

Banned
NPR yesterday ran a news story talking about Nintendo releasing a 2D version of their successful 3ds and that amidst slow sales Nintendo has dropped the price of their "Wii" console to $299.

Its not just ABC that has gotten confused from Nintendo's poor marketing and odd naming structure. A lot of mainstream press has had a difficult time with it.

Top Bottom