• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 1-3 being re-released on 3DS in Japan

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Would you buy them for 30 each?

... maybe.

I probably would just for the nicer graphics, haha. Although I would have preferred a whole remake to bring these games to the graphical style of AA5. That would be worth full game price for me !

Dorygrant

I was all set to import till I remember 3ds has that region lock.

I actually said "Are you kidding me, Nintendo" outloud.

I miss my DS lol.

sits

This would be great, but I hope they go back and fix all those typos!

naughtyjudgevl2.jpg

Kinda old thread, but I picked this game up for my fancy new JP 3DS LL when I heard the JP release has English. So far I'm really loving it, but one little detail keeps bugging me:

JPEG artifacts! It's a bit hard to tell from this photo but look along Edgeworth's lapel... tiny artifacts but it really takes away from the other wise very clean image quality.

Drago

I keep thinking this'll get announced for the West during E3...
I really wonder what the hold up is. The game is already localized! At the very least a digital release would be a no brainer. I hope it happens at E3, but we'll see I guess.

Same graphics as the iOS version. Nope.
It looks really good though! I'm not sure if its because of the low-res (240p) 3DS screen, but it looks alot less "generic" than it did on iOS. I really prefer it to the look of the original DS/GBA games, which I always thought looked a bit bootsy.

I don't think there are issues with missing animations/frames like the iOS versions, but I'm not an expert at assessing that.

I found a list of things wrong with the iOS version:
I can't recommend the iOS version to anyone. It's simply too much of a downgrade from the DS releases. The only improvements are the visuals and pricing, but other than that it's worse in about everything else.

-Missing animation frames (no blinking, sometimes people don't open their mouths when talking or are missing one of their talking frames, etc.).
-Sometimes a character does the wrong animation entirely.
-GBA-quality soundtrack for the 2nd & 3rd games (this should be a dealbreaker to you; you must hear the amazing soundtrack this series offers in the best quality possible).
-Pearl's theme is gone.
-More typos.
-Overall performance is worse. Some parts lag for no particular reason.
-Worse presentation, such as the user interface popping in and out every time someone talks.
-Sound effects are off. The "not guilty" cheer is cut-off halfway through, for example.

I wholly recommend getting the DS versions of the games instead, unless money is a real issue for you.

I'm not seeing any of this on the 3DS. Though seriously if you are bothered by JPEG artifacts you might want to stay away; I'm even seeing them on menu items and in the "Objection!" text.

I'm not seeing any of this on the 3DS. Though seriously if you are bothered by JPEG artifacts you might want to stay away; I'm even seeing them on menu items and in the "Objection!" text.
:(

I'm anal about those.

But then again I have all games on the NDS, I just wish they properly remastered them this time.

For instance, the courtroom backgrounds on Apollo justice were direct replacement to the dithering filled ones of the rest of the series, those kinds of small details could be worked upon.

But I'm nitpicking, clearly.

daydream

Banned

If all of those things are fixed (With Pearly made it back in, yes?), I'll probably get this when/if it comes over.

Top Bottom