• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 1-3 being re-released on 3DS in Japan

DS games are region free so you could just import the US versions which were reprinted and are available for good prices.

Shipping to Australia gets crazy, unfortunately. It's about $35 per game, all up, which is too much for my Steam-sale-ruined perception of video game worth :p

Literally just purchased Justice for All and Trials & Tribulations yesterday off of Amazon, to complete my collection and for my 5 1/2 hour flight in 2 weeks. If those 2 are just as good as the first and it comes to the West I'll pick it up.

Awesome given how hard they are to find.

They're not that hard to find, either in the US or Japan at least. Amazon.com has all of them in stock, and every game except Justice for All is around $20 (it's $30).

Pretty much every Book Off I've walked into in Japan has an assortment of the games as well, and it wouldn't be hard to get them all.

That said, I'm still all for a compilation of the three for 3DS. It's cheaper and nice to have them all together.

Griss

Bring it west! Bring it west!

I'm of the unpopular opinion that the first three are by far the best three, even JFA. Dual Destinies brought the series into full 3D in a wonderful way, but gameplay suffered a bit and the overarching story was almost as weak as Apollo Justice's. The one thing keeping the series strong at this point is the amount of great, memorable characters in each one.

Ridley327

Literally just purchased Justice for All and Trials & Tribulations yesterday off of Amazon, to complete my collection and for my 5 1/2 hour flight in 2 weeks. If those 2 are just as good as the first and it comes to the West I'll pick it up.

I don't think you have much to worry about in the quality department. Even though JFA starts off sluggish in the first couple of cases, the last case is a goddamned knockout.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this is out of the blue.

Great news! The English language option would point towards a hopeful eShop release for the west. I'd definitely buy this.

Lemstar

Shipping to Australia gets crazy, unfortunately. It's about $35 per game, all up, which is too much for my Steam-sale-ruined perception of video game worth :p
It'd only be $20-ish total to mail a 2-pound package from the US to Australia, actually. It's still not that cheap, but it's definitely not $35 per item.

JFA is by far the worst except the last case which is amazing.

I wonder how they're going to handle resolution and aspect ratio.

It has to be the iOS versions, right? Otherwise, we're talking stretched and/or cropped DS sprites and backgrounds.

Griss

And while I'm in wishful thinking mode, we really are overdue a 'Trucy Wright: Ace Magician' game at this stage. I'd pay any price.

So nothing new? Just the first three games straight ported with some 3D slapped on? What is the point when the first three games on DS can be played on 3DS already?

RamsesA

Neo Member
If they release it in the US, I'd consider buying it. I've held off on the AA series because I wanted to start from the beginning, but didn't want to spend money on the original DS games.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
So nothing new? Just the first three games straight ported with some 3D slapped on? What is the point when the first three games on DS can be played on 3DS already?

yen2.jpg

Griss

Nick's a liiiiittle high for my tastes. Edgeworth was completely miscast.

Phoenix sounded far too young. I actually didn't realise that it was supposed to be him at the beginning of DD. Assumed it was Apollo or someone else. Didn't sound like a lawyer at all, either.

Goli

It has to be the iOS versions, right? Otherwise, we're talking stretched and/or cropped DS sprites and backgrounds.

Probably, except the high quality assets used in the iOS version will have to be shrunk down to fit the 3DS's specs.

Sandfox

To get new people into the series and tempt people who like PW but don't have the GBA/DS games.

Ridley327

They could always just leave the aspect ration intact, which would be amusing.

I doubt that's the case though, since they did enough work to get the games to display in 3D.

GSR

I'm hoping we get a good look at the collection sooner rather than later.

I don't think there's any chance they did full 3D, since that'd be a hell of a lot of work for a budget re-release. Plus I imagine Sinobi would have mentioned it rather than just saying "a 3D effect will be present."

So that means either bordered DS assets, or shrunk-down iOS ones.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, I could have sworn Sven kept pushing that idea while at Capcom. Great to see this is finally happening (& hoping it comes to the US, would love to replay 2 & 3 after replaying 1 with Ghost Trick) & would be amazing if this meant we got another collection with the Investigation games (& maybe AJ since that needs to be a part of something).

.....of course, if it was TRUE HD, imagine these games with the AA5 graphics.

Well... time to make a thread on Ask Capcom? Or patiently await a statement?
Most likely, I'd say just wait a bit. Though I'm someone sooner or later will ask about it, game announcements are made on the blog itself.

Top Bottom