• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 1-3 being re-released on 3DS in Japan

Baust

I just realized this means we'll probably be getting a Miiverse community as well. Lot's of potential with three games included.

It'd only be $20-ish total to mail a 2-pound package from the US to Australia, actually. It's still not that cheap, but it's definitely not $35 per item.

I mean ~$35 for game and shipping. At those prices I'm happy to wait for a digital release.

(But, yeah, I know it should be cheaper, but try telling that to Amazon's sellers :p)

Fularu

Banned
Day one if it hits the US (yes, even if it's an eShop only release).

Then I'll have those games for DS, iOS and 3DS!

I hope it will include the new case in AA1, with the scientific sidekick

Ugggh, I will not get my hopes up for this coming stateside...no no no....

Just finishing a playthrough of Trials and Tribulations now.

Day one if it hits the US (yes, even if it's an eShop only release).

Then I'll have those games for DS, iOS and 3DS!

I hope it will include the new case in AA1, with the scientific sidekick

Wasn't the only version that didn't include that case the GBA original? I don't see why it wouldn't.

OMG.

I would have imported this day-1 if it wasn't for bullcrap region-lock.

Now we're at the mercy of whether or not they feel like releasing it in the west.

PLS CAPCOM!

PLS.

Alfredo

Seriously, I really need this. My sister lost all my original carts, and if I could get all of 'em with 3D for cheaper than buying them all individually, good stuff!

Curious that Apollo Justice isn't in the collection. Yeah, I know it's apparently called "Naruhodo Selection," but they could just change the name.

Raysoul

A new drama CD will also be recorded and released at the same time, starring Phoenix and Edgeworth. Godot will play a role, marking his first time in an Ace Attorney audio production.

But will Hideki Kamiya voice him again!?

Shengar

That was really a surprise. I'll probably double dip for this.
Also a good reason to visit Trial and Tribulation all over again.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm going to purchase these games again.

If it doesn't come to America I'll import for my Japanese 3DS. Fuck I may just skip the formalities if Capcom USA hasn't announced them by then.

Baleoce

iNrc9IWRcDLiT.gif

Based Shibata will make it happen xD

They locked it as paid "DLC" for the WiiWare release, actually. Wouldn't be surprised if they did the same with this.

Because the WiiWare versions used the original GBA games instead of the DS versions. It was easy justification for Capcom to make the DS-exclusive 1-5 case DLC in that regard. From the sound of this and the dual-language support I'd wager this is going to use the DS versions which had 1-5 by default.

Not sure if I'm going to get this...I already have DS carts of all the games, JPN and NA versions, and I have the first three on Wii U. Those extra features would need to be pretty damn impressive. Still this collection's neat since it'll help the series endure and find more players.

Because the WiiWare versions used the original GBA games instead of the DS versions. It was easy justification for Capcom to make the DS-exclusive 1-5 case DLC in that regard. From the sound of this and the dual-language support I'd wager this is going to use the DS versions which had 1-5 by default.

Not sure if I'm going to get this...I already have DS carts of all the games, JPN and NA versions, and I have the first three on Wii U. Those extra features would need to be pretty damn impressive. Still this collection's neat since it'll help the series endure and find more players.

Ah, didn't know that, I thought they were based off of the DS ports. That explains things.

FSLink

Banned
Disappointing it's apparently not a full remake, I'd pay tons of money for them if they had AA5 animations. Still, should be fun to play especially if it's localized.

Shengar

Disappointing it's apparently not a full remake, I'd pay tons of money for them if they had AA5 animations. Still, should be fun to play especially if it's localized.

They can't replicate Godot's awesomeness on 3D.
Also, do you really want them to show Jean Armstrong and Moe in 3D model?

Would buy if English and physical.

So probably wont be.

I hate now-a-days cool stuff gets announced in Japan and I just straight away assume it wont come out here. Its easier than the more usual now wishing and being disappointed.

When in the old days its like "Oh Mega Man collection announced? Cool, can't wait for it to come out here!"

;(

ohlawd

won't replay them but I'll still buy it. West side pls pls

kids, we about to learn you up on some good games in yo life.

Any link as of yet as to where to preorder? I suppose I don't really see any reason in waiting for the US version if the JP version has English as well.

mutsu

Wow, hope they update the visuals a little bit and not just blown up pixels. Doesn't have to be iOS level visuals (in fact, don't do that). Better sound sampling helps too. Will buy day one!

Well I was going to rebuy the first three on DS after beating AA5, but it looks like I'm waiting. You better deliver Capcom America.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Because the WiiWare versions used the original GBA games instead of the DS versions.

No, they didn't. The WiiWare versions are very clearly ported from the DS versions. They use the same screen resolution as the DS versions, the music is taken from the DS versions (which had higher-quality music than the original GBA versions), and the game sometimes pans out to show both screens.

Top Bottom