• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 123 HD for iOS Finally Getting Release

NekoFever

I'd like to point out to everyone who thought the problem with AA5 only getting a digital release was that people wanted games on their shelf that I'll happily be forking over the money for this.

I might even *gasp* play it on two devices!

Believe!

pwvita.png

Phatcorns

It is, but DO NOT play it if you haven't played 1 & 2. The reason it's so great is because it wraps everything up perfectly.

I've played 1, but was told to skip 2. I started it, but just couldn't get into it. Worth a revisit or is it actually not that great (which I've also been told)?

Necrovex

I've played 1, but was told to skip 2. I started it, but just couldn't get into it. Worth a revisit or is it actually not that great (which I've also been told)?

Worth a revisit. 2 only has four cases. Only the third case is utter garbage (I recommend a walk through for that case). The final case in 2 is so god damn amazing.

Any word on how this works out if you already own Phoenix Wright 1 on ios?

Will this be an update and treated as if you already bought game 1, or will this be a separate app?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The lone intern working on it can trace only so many sprites a day.
I know you're joking, but I'll still use this post to say that they're just (mostly?) replacing the sprites with the original art they were based upon:

Comparison from an older AAHD thread:

So... you are still saying they traced the original sprites. o_O

Anyway, here's a quick comparison of the Maya screenshot with the artwork from the artbook.
iuuZ3GAwPEnWE.jpg

Edit:
I made the artbook artwork transparent and put it over the new sprite.
icXwGJtDKwUjq.png

Seems to be pretty 1:1 to me.

And here's the original sprite upscaled.
ifujXVaQoP7Q9.gif

TimeKillr

I want my GF Ace Attorney games so bad... What sucks is I lent my copies of AA1 and 3 to friends I no longer see, so I no longer have them - this would be a perfect opportunity for her to play them. She has a GS3, though, so hopefully we'll get the Android versions sooner than later!

GaussTek

it should, it's on the japanese play store, in japanese of course.
I set my playstore to japan with market enabler and downloaded it to check out in february

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2xuJmgo-oZw/URDb9QshEUI/AAAAAAAAG0Y/pvTqkw_yPZo/w800-h480-no/13+-+1[IMG][/QUOTE]

Do you have an .apk or something (of the free trial version, of course) so I can test it on my Xperia Play, by any chance? It's just mine is still on Gingerbread, so wanted to know if the game will work on my phone or not.

I would really appreciate it!

Edit. NVM, it looks like [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.capcom.android.gyakusaisetjpgoogleplay"]the game[/URL] will only work with Android 4.0+ :(

I want to get this on my iPhone, but my Android has such a large screen in comparison, I can't help but feel it will do the HD more justice.

So please Capcom, if you're reading this: PLEASE get this on Android too! If Japan could do it, so can you! :)

it should, it's on the japanese play store, in japanese of course.
I set my playstore to japan with market enabler and downloaded it to check out in february

13+-+1

How did you get that to work? I'd love to try the Japanese version, just to see what it looks like on my android.

Bulzeeb

I admit I'd love to have a port of the first games for 3DS, something like what capcom did with the Megaman Zero games a shame I don't want to buy an iphone

LiK

I want to get this on my iPhone, but my Android has such a large screen in comparison, I can't help but feel it will do the HD more justice.

So please Capcom, if you're reading this: PLEASE get this on Android too! If Japan could do it, so can you! :)

get an iPad Mini ;)

.la1n

I had forgotten about this because of the complete muck up job they have done on the release date. Thanks for the thread, have the calendar marked.

It's definitely the weakest of the trilogy, but I still recommend playing it. The second case is really important, story-wise, and the fourth case is one of te best in the series.

Case 3 is the stinker, but if you use a guide and plow through it, it doesn't take too long.

LiK

do NOT skip any games in the series! all three games are direct sequels with jokes that carry over. while the 2nd one is the weakest it has a bunch of incredible jokes and the 4th case was awesome. people telling you to skip any of them are assholes.

zoukka

The old pixel art is way superior as expected. But if you don't have access to a DS, do what is needed to experience these fine games.

For those wondering if your purchase of the original AA on iOS will carry over to the HD version:

Chris of Capcom Blog said:
Sadly, that's not really possible on the platform. You can however enjoy the first two cases for FREE, and hey, the full game's only $5.99!

Bummer.

JWong

Banned
I have had an android phone for the past three years, but quit expecting good support awhile ago.

I guess it's easier to make apps for the handful of iPads and iPhones than it is the flood of different android devices.

It's actually not too bad because Android runs apps with a virtual machine, and the latest Google I/O showed crazy dev tools that makes it waaaay easier to develop for multiple phone specs.

Top Bottom