• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is rated M (ESRB)/16 (PEGI), gameplay videos

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Rated M?! Is that why they're not releasing retail?

If that's a problem, just do a limited printing. Atlus sees no problem releasing M rated games for 3DS.

georly

From esrb.com
Violence - Scenes involving aggressive conflict. May contain bloodless dismemberment
Blood - Depictions of blood
Suggestive Themes - Mild provocative references or materials
Language - Mild to moderate use of profanity

Doesn't sound any different from any other AA game. 3D models of dead people = M vs Drawings of dead people = T?

Gregcrimescene.png
Teen rating?

In hindsight, we shouldn't be surprised. The Japanese CERO rating was C (Ages 15 and up), the first game in the series to do so. Previous games were either A (All ages) or B (Ages 12 and up)

LiK

From esrb.com

Doesn't sound any different from any other AA game. 3D models of dead people = M vs Drawings of dead people = T?

Teen rating?

The murder scenes tend to be shown in black and white to kinda censor it. Maybe it's more gruesome now.

oti

Banned
I asked Capcom about the USK rating. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them. (Well, only German Gaf really cares but still.)

rekameohs

Banned
The murder scenes tend to be shown in black and white to kinda censor it. Maybe it's more gruesome now.

Yeah, the only color deaths I can recall off the top of my head are:

2-2:
"Fake Maya" splattered in blood with the victim dead on the ground
and 3-5:
Misty stabbed with the sword

The little intro videos usually showed a murder offscreen in color, but most of the more gruesome stuff,
being stabbed in the chest by a fence, hanging yourself, being impaled by a suit of armor
were in black and white.

MechaX

Well, if there was anything else to thoroughly shoot down chances of this getting a retail release overseas than Sven leaving, it's definitely an M rating.

pixiv fantasies coming true.

What was the last m rated handheld game... VLR? how did that do on 3ds?

What else... I remember chinatown wars lol... that bombed on ds T_T

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just realized something. The first AA game was rated T, yet had the exact same descriptions (Violence, Blood, Suggestive Themes, and Language). Maybe it's due to the 3D models and animation compared to the 2D sprites/stills?

What was the last m rated handheld game... VLR? how did that do on 3ds?

What else... I remember chinatown wars lol... that bombed on ds T_T
SMT4 just came out yesterday, so I guess that counts.

Damaniel

Banned
I just realized something. The first AA game was rated T, yet had the exact same descriptions (Violence, Blood, Suggestive Themes, and Language). Maybe it's due to the 3D models and animation compared to the 2D sprites/stills?

SMT4 just came out yesterday, so I guess that counts.

Yes, the increased graphical fidelity probably has a lot to do with it (the originals did start out on the GBA, after all).

In the end, I don't care whether the game is rated E, AO, or something in between. A new Ace Attorney game is a day 1 purchase no matter what.

Top Bottom