• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is rated M (ESRB)/16 (PEGI), gameplay videos

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ok so this might be something I can put my $30 credit to, anyone know how much this is going to cost in NA?
No word on price, but considering the last game didn't do that well at $30 (or was it $40?) retail, I can't imagine them having it higher than that being digital only. Personally hoping it's around $20.

Alfredo

And you think they censored it in Japan and didn't do it on purpose?...

I don't want to give you the shock of your life, but they have little to no problem with alcohol showing up in Japanese childrens entertainment,(even if it's underage people who end up consuming it) it was always grape juice on purpose.

Then what was up with the drunk scene in Persona 4? I always assumed it was 'cause of some weird thing in Japan about showing underage drinkers...

Phoenix x Maya is finally happening!!! I wish ;_;

By the way, I thought the movie was supposed to be subbed/dubbed by now, what happened to it?

FYC

Banned

I love how in the anime it looks like a laser beam is coming out of her neck in the attempt to censor it.

4c3cr4t.png

Man I need this game. Still hoping for Investigations 2 though...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
From esrb.com

Doesn't sound any different from any other AA game. 3D models of dead people = M vs Drawings of dead people = T?

Teen rating?

The ESRB has always rated 3D harsher than 2D. But that doesn't explain the ratings in other countries.

Pearl finally gonna get nekkid?

Edit: Oh God, I meant Maya. Leaving it.
Well, the game takes place, like, eight years after the final case in Trials and Tribulations. She could be legal now.

(But even then, it'd be just barely legal, and the concept's rather squicky regardless.)

PKrockin

I love how in the anime it looks like a laser beam is coming out of her neck in the attempt to censor it.

4c3cr4t.png

Man I need this game. Still hoping for Investigations 2 though...

lol, yeah. I watched the anime first so I was incredibly confused as to what I was looking at.

Can't show a fountain of blood erupting from a headless corpse in an anime!

Randdalf

If it has a rating, surely that must mean a release is on the horizon right? Like, how do you rate a game without it being fully localised?

aravuus

Would have bought it anyway, now I'll get it day one to see what it has to justify the rating

"Fall 2013" is still too far away!

Harlock

Is possible the more mature content was the reason why capcom (maybe together with Nintendo) choose do not release a retail version? Yeah, don´t make sense, but is game for a Nintendo system...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If it has a rating, surely that must mean a release is on the horizon right? Like, how do you rate a game without it being fully localised?

Easy. ESRB only wants the publisher to inform them of examples of the worst stuff. They don't sit there playing through the whole game.

Also localization comes months before release so its probably already localized anyway but still isn't coming out till fall.

Randdalf

Easy. ESRB only wants the publisher to inform them of examples of the worst stuff. They don't sit there playing through the whole game.

Also localization comes months before release so its probably already localized anyway but still isn't coming out till fall.

Hmm that sucks. Well, at least I can hold the hope it's coming out early Fall/Autumn and not November.

Labrys

For anyone worried about the spoiler-ness of the first video, according to comments and Court Records it isn't actually part of the game, just a special scenario for demos and the like. It isn't canon or anything.

Meia

Can somebody explain this one for me because I've played every Ace Attorney and Zero Escape and I don't get this. :(

If you've played any of the AA games without investigating any ladders you see in an environment, or showing your badge to anyone, you've been playing them wrong, I'm sorry. :(

M Rated Ace Attorney is okay in my book. I would imagine most adults play this series anyway. The series has always had some "mature" elements to it but never directly shown just talked about. I don't see why they couldn't do a darker more mature story without compromising it's light beat tone.

Well I'm over thinking it Apollo and Trucy probably have "relations" and the game got an instant M rating and digital only release cause...well you know...

Give me more Franziska x Adrian Andrews hints Capcom!

If you've played any of the AA games without investigating any ladders you see in an environment, or showing your badge to anyone, you've been playing them wrong, I'm sorry. :(

I've played them all, but not recently, so I may just be forgetting.

I'm sure I must have at some point... right?

Top Bottom