• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler & Albert Penello on the Xbox One (Interview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

I won't say Sessler is a shill but he's pulling that old 24 hours news cycle bull about "Let's call it even" when some things are never even. Aside from that and maybe a slight bias I would never call the man a shill but somethings from all people need a grain of salt on some things.

The Flash

Banned
I think this is hands down, the worst photoshop I've ever seen. It's hilariously bad. Good job. LOL. I like it actually, had to clarify.

Hey, I'm a superhero not a Photoshop wizard. But yeah, it is pretty bad. I need to watch some tutorials lol.

bj00rn_

Banned
you're not winning me over with that.

Who cares, in the end it all boils down to this:

If you prefer PC exclusives and multiplatform, and performance, buy a PC.
If you prefer PS4 exclusives, buy PS4
If you prefer Xbox One exclusives, buy Xbox One.

How hard can it be?

Pain

Banned
You and the others are letting emotion blind you. You are missing his point. His point was that if MS was in that position, it would be used to slam MS for not being ready, behind, etc.

There's a lot of blind hate for MS, they are pumping out consoles, been showing games running on retail kits, even had a unboxing, buy STILL there's negative talk about yields and short supplies and shit.

Imagine the talk if they hadn't shown any of that. Now look what Sony has shown..... No flak there. Hmmm . It is weird.

I don't feel bad for MS as a whole, because its a corporation, but I feel some sympathy for the people that spent years if their lives making this all just to have temperamental man-babies (and probably some just regular ole babies) on the internet rage shit all over it.

Its petty and childish.
So showing a working retail kit is proof of no production issues? Bad logic.
I thought all they've shown is games running on dev kits. (Same as PS4)

The production issues rumors come from Cboat and the country delays and late November launch only further add to that rumor.

BTW, yield issues don't exactly mean RROD 2.0. It just means less supply at launch. Considering how complex the APU is this should really be that surprising.

KaYotiX

Banned

How hard can it be?

Its the ppl who can only afford one that need to justify the choice they made. This stuff has been going on since the dawn of gaming platforms. Now its a new generation of kids turn to experience it

Wynnebeck

Banned
Thats fine and thats your opinion. However, i think most of the hate MS gets is because its the cool thing to do now. There's really no reasonbto hate them now.

Why is everyone mistaking justified criticism as "hate"? People are still upset over MS's slick presentation at E3 and how our industry was this close to the beginning of end with MS's DRM insanity. They 180 and are trying to build goodwill back up, but people need to stop acing surprised that no one is readily wanting to go back and buy a Xbone just like that. I had plans to get a Xbone in the future due to Killer Instinct, but after hearing their plans for that, I'm not certain I'm getting one at all. I digress though.

And I quote the youtube comment:

"This is the guy MS need to put forward regarding all future communication relating to the XB1."

For once...youtube produces something worth reading.

I agree. I like him a lot.

Pain

Banned

"This is the guy MS need to put forward regarding all future communication relating to the XB1."

Definitely an improvement over Major Nelson.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I love that Albert posts here, but I wish people would stop treating him like he isn't following a universal message for the XBO and that he is just your open source of information.

Verendus

Banned
I wouldn't call any games journalist a shill, but that's because I don't pay attention to them or respect their opinion. I tend to find GAF is pretty good at pointing me to articles of interest most of the time, and a lot of the members are knowledegable too. You can cut through the bullshit most of the time. Games journalists have their place, which is to basically be good boys and obey what needs to be obeyed, but they've been a joke for the most part for a very long time. Just my opinion on the whole shill discussion.

The Flash

Banned

yeah but those comments are few and far between. I was watching a Battlefield 4 video and one guy commented saying how excited he was to play the game on XBO and it got reported as spam and was removed. I was like "seriously people, seriously".

Its the ppl who can only afford one that need to justify the choice they made. This stuff has been going on since the dawn of gaming platforms. Now its a new generation of kids turn to experience it

This is what pisses me off at times because it derails threads , who are they justifying to? It's a games system, to play games on and enjoy. No one gives a fuck who prefers what. It's the ones who keep pushing it that annoy me, that simply cannot tolerate difference of opinion. You spot them easily, they jump straight in with elusive pissy little remarks then can't help themselves.

Marleyman

Banned
I need to still know; who are the shills for Sony? How don't they have any? According to some in here, apparently MS owns them all. I need some names of shills for Sony.

ShinMaruku

I still don't get why you guys call them journalists they are not that in anyway. Maybe 1 or 2 of them do actual journalism (Klepek keep holding it down) They are press. Sometimes they work as an extension of PR (This should not be shocking) when the PR and publishers hold most of the keys you can't call them journalists.

The Flash

Banned
I wouldn't call any games journalist a shill, but that's because I don't pay attention to them or respect their opinion. I tend to find GAF is pretty good at pointing me to articles of interest most of the time, and a lot of the members are knowledegable too. You can cut through the bullshit most of the time. Games journalists have their place, which is to basically be good boys and obey what needs to be obeyed, but they've been a joke for the most part for a very long time. Just my opinion on the whole shill discussion.

Would you take a gaming journalism job if it was offered to you? I would, I'd think it would be fun.

Klocker

If you corralled the top 20 or so "pro Sony" or "pro Xbox" folks out of threads like this, you would get the discussion you are looking for. Just a very noticeable group on both sides that make things messy.

Perhaps but it is an XBOX related interview so those who are in here trying to shit on the thread who are notoriously anti-xbox are just trolling.

I am obviously pro-xbox but I rarely (almost never) post in Sony related threads to shit in, on or about the message just for fun or in defense of my precious xbox. I don't give a shit what Sony does as I am not interested in that product right now as I only have an Xbone pre-ordered.

These usual suspects who have to come in and attack anything pro Xbone are shitting up every xbox related thread needlessly

KHarvey16

I still don't get why you guys call them journalists they are not that in anyway. Maybe 1 or 2 of them do actual journalism (Klepek keep holding it down) They are press. Sometimes they work as an extension of PR (This should not be shocking) when the PR and publishers hold most of the keys you can't call them journalists.

Please define journalism.

Fixed1979

I love that Albert posts here, but I wish people would stop treating him like he isn't following a universal message for the XBO and that he is just your open source of information.

Albert has done a good job passing along the MS message, mostly because he comes off as a pretty smart guy who kinda fits in. To think he doesn't have an agenda would be foolish.

As far as Sessler goes, I don't think he's a shill by any stretch but it seems that every time he offers his opinion I can't help but cringe and disagree...when he's just doing his thing he seems fine.

And I don't understand why people are still surprised that everyone hasn't moved on past the MS thing, they still have a very long way to go before they convince me that it's a company I want to spend my money on...

Horp

How hard can it be?

What if I think both sides have nice exclusives but I want the console that will run multiplatform best. There you go, a bit harder.

No, it's the character creation mode from Kinect Sports

:mad:

ok

---

OK, I reeeeeaaallly like this guy?

Microsoft people reading this...have you considered him for the Major's position? He's great!

He's so honest and such a likable and respectful/respectable guy. Very nice to listen to. He's very free with how MS was looking at the situation, and I think I've gotten a better perspective on this.

Honestly, Sony needs a good personality for interviews. Cerny is alright but dunno.

What the heck are you talking about?

Sony has Tretton, Shu, Rohdes. All of them excellent interview personalities in their own way.

Andy's okay, but he's not exactly great at interviews compared to the other Sony guys.

Godslay

Banned
Hey, I'm a superhero not a Photoshop wizard. But yeah, it is pretty bad. I need to watch some tutorials lol.

It's the flower growing on top of the trash heap that is this thread. It's funny. Made me laugh picturing flash going to town on photoshop.

What the heck are you talking about?

Sony has Tretton, Shu, Rohdes. All of them excellent interview personalities in their own way.

Andy's okay, but he's not exactly great at interviews compared to the top Sony guys.

Ahh forgot about Tretton. I like him. And I'm talking about US markets here, if that wasn't clear.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Albert has done a good job passing along the MS message, mostly because he comes off as a pretty smart guy who kinda fits in. To think he doesn't have an agenda would be foolish.

The way some clamor over him it is a little worrisome.

ShinMaruku

Please define journalism.
Journalism is the activity, or product, of journalists or others engaged in the preparation of written, visual, or audio material intended for dissemination through public media with reference to factual, ongoing events of public concern. It is intended to inform society about itself and to make events public that would otherwise remain private.[1]

In modern society, news media are the chief purveyor of information and opinion about public affairs. Journalism, however, is not to be confused with the news media or the news itself.
Thank you wikipedia. Is most of the things in the video games media factual all the time? Is it informing the video game society about itself? They rarely make private events public because of NDAs. Sometimes their concern and the public concern are quite different things. Very few of these guys do their research and triple check their sources.

Most take what the publishers give them then write on them. They are mostly funded through publisher and advert money.

If you want journalism that you can trust and with toned down hyperbole you will have to look past the games media just look at IGN and their GTA coverage.

Pain

Banned
Did he just say discs have gone away? They haven't. Music is still sold on CDs. Movies are still sold on DVD and Blu-Ray. PC Games are still sold on discs. Does he really think they will go away? They never will. There are always collectors out there and many of us have slow broadband.

kaiyo

*Kinect Features: More face recognition, more precision. Not have to worry about what controller you're holding and/or what side of the screen you're on during local multiplayer gaming sessions. Multiple users logged in at one time. Instant unique profile & saved game loading based on kinect recognition. We got to prove that (this) is worth it to the gamers.

They did say you can go to your friends house and sign in via face recognition before right?
What if I made a realistic mask of a famous person and use it to sign in? Or if there's a doppelganger?

Did he just say discs have gone away? They haven't. Music is still sold on CDs. Movies are still sold on DVD and Blu-Ray. PC Games are still sold on discs. Does he really think they will go away? They never will. There are always collectors out there and many of us have slow broadband.
Music physical and even possibly movies are a minority to digital. Tough to gauge movie sales now due to combo packs and rent via streaming is so dang easy and good quality these days. NPD just put out a release that game software revenue is 61% digital now.

The salt and trolling in here is embarrassing. Goddamn.

Really glad that they're working on load times and reducing the time it takes to get into a game.
They needed Albert as their front man from the beginning.

I don't think Adam is a shill, but given the way in which he constantly sought before and during E3 to downplay the differences (price, power, and otherwise) between the consoles, and along with a lot of people invoked the "Sony has something similar" canard pre-show I take his opinions on these matters with enormous grains of salt.

Whatever Albert's title may be, it's clear he's doing PR work, likely at the behest of his bosses so I'm not sure that the formality of his title matters when he's clearly acting in this capacity in this interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom