• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe not giving away free anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just kept getting this

photoshop-son-of-a-biwvpt0.png

I dunno if its because I didn't skip the online activation or what. Doesn't really matter though, all I really wanted was Photoshop

I'm getting this too. :(

Wow, they're giving away Audition 3?

that's a pretty damned solid audio recording suite. I personally know quite a few podcasters who use that program to record their shows.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"We're sorry, the site area you've requested is unavailable. Please try again later."

Is this normal?

Does it really even cover Flash MX 2004? Adobe bought Macromedia during its latter iteration Flash 8, which was re-released as CS3.

Still neat if it works though. The only major addition to 8/CS3 were filters.

Question. If you got to the page with the download links does that mean you can come back to your account later and download them? I signed up on my phone and for obvious reasons want to download it once I get back from vacation

They've made this a right pain in the arse... So much so that I have all the files ready to go but I can't be bothered installing them. Sigh.

kennah

But why are there Mac version downloads?

? The first Intel Mac was in 2006. Before that they were Power PC "Power Mac"s. The first version of OS X to work with Intel was 10.4 "Tiger" All the earlier versions were Power PC only.

Further to that, Apple removed Backwards Compatibility with Power PC software in OS X Lion. Apps would still work if they were installed in Snow Leopard and the OS was upgraded to Lion, but in Mountain Lion that support has been removed entirely.

EDIT: To make it even more clear. Adobe CS2 - the one for free - was released in April 2005.

? The first Intel Mac was in 2006. Before that they were Power PC "Power Mac"s. The first version of OS X to work with Intel was 10.4 "Tiger" All the earlier versions were Power PC only.

I see, thanks, no wonder photoshop didn't work when I tried downloading it on my iMac with 10.8

Chaos

Followed the instructions on page 2 for CS2 and still can't get past this Disc 2 thing.

This was posted on another forum -

Those of you having problems with the Disc 2 error. How to fix it:

*Note This is for those who are extracting to the default directories.

1. Run/extract Disc 2, Disc 3, and Extras first
2. For some reason Disc 2 extracts to C:\Creative Suite instead of C:\Creative Suite CS2 like Disc 1 and 3 do.
3. Copy the contents of C:\Creative Suite to C:\Creative Suite CS2
4. Run the Disc 1 installer/extractor.

If you chose your own directory for discs 1-3 to extract to then you probably shouldn't encounter the can't find disc 2 error.

This was posted on another forum -

Those of you having problems with the Disc 2 error. How to fix it:

*Note This is for those who are extracting to the default directories.

1. Run/extract Disc 2, Disc 3, and Extras first
2. For some reason Disc 2 extracts to C:\Creative Suite instead of C:\Creative Suite CS2 like Disc 1 and 3 do.
3. Copy the contents of C:\Creative Suite to C:\Creative Suite CS2
4. Run the Disc 1 installer/extractor.

If you chose your own directory for discs 1-3 to extract to then you probably shouldn't encounter the can't find disc 2 error.

Thanks. I think I'm got everything sorted out. I have a mess of files I'll need to clean up afterwords as I could only install the program to the same directory where the installations files are being kept.

Edit: If anyone can grab me an image of what the final directory should look like, that would be swell. Thanks.

Wilsongt

Nom nom nom, yay Photoshop on my MacBook!

I really needed it. Was tired of running to the library whenever I needed to put an image together for a paper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom