• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe not giving away free anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh7289

Any idea what's going on here? ah want ma photoshops

Ecme2.png

MisterHero

For anyone who's installed it: Are the acrobat programs included withe the CS install or should I download/backup those too?

zoukka

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

(if someone doesn't need their dl, I'd happily receive the key ;__; )

Heck, I can give a steam game or something in return. I was looking into investing to a PS license, this can't be real :(((

Tumo

I don't think it's a promotion....

From their help docs they turned off internet activation for CS2 in December, these are deliberately released "master keys" for old customers so they can still use their products.

Here is the help doc which links to the download page at the bottom.

The link is the same to the one in the op omitting "&pid=4485850" at the end.

With some further exploration they also have "master keys" for all the Macromedia Studio FX 2004 (Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks etc) as well - link (scroll down a bit)

The Macromedia products are different in that they list the cd keys on the help page, and have no download link for the programs. Perhaps someone can find download links for the Macromedia programs.... Trial versions might be easier to find, which you might be able to fully activate with one of those keys.

Disguises

[removed]
You glorious bastard! Thank you! I had downloaded them but was missing the keys since I can't get back to the page. Thanks again!

I'm stuck at "insert disc 2" ;_;

Did you run all 3 exes first? The second one extracts the files to the wrong place

Check and see if you have a C:\Creative Suite folder with two folders in there, those need to be moved to C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0 with the rest of the folders. The install should work fine if you move them there. The .exe for disc 2 is messed up and doesn't extract them to the proper folder

But even after that, I couldn't get CS2 to work because it gave me a serial # error when trying to run photoshop

EVIL

Then he's a nutjob. If one were to stubbornly stick to an old version, it'd be CS3.

kinda agree, there are loads of improvements in cs3 over cs2 (like extra blending modes for layers). I would have been much more exited if they gave cs3 away, but cs2 is still nice I guess.

The fix for this is on the previous page of the thread.

Must have skimmed over it, thanks.

Okay I figured it out

Basically the disc 2 .exe doesn't extract its folders to the right place. They extract to their own folder on the C drive. I guess this is why the error comes up about it not being able to create the folder in the first place. If you check the archives with 7zip or something you can see where it's messed up.

The Adobe InDesign CS2 and Adobe Version Cue CS2 folders from the disc 2 exe extract to C:\Creative Suite, but they should be in C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0 with all the rest of the folders. If you move in there after running the .exe normally or just extract them to the proper place with 7zip, the installer should work fine

Excellent, thank you. Will tide me over until I get CS6 next month on this PC (finally, tired of having to use the uni lab all the time).

RJT

"Site Area Temporarily Unavailable". Anyone else getting this error?

EDIT: sorry, was being lazy...

You got photoshop to run without giving you a serial code error or something? I eventually just said fuck it and installed photoshop by itself and it worked fine. but the CS full install wouldn't let me run it

PS didn't work on the first try, some unrecoverable error. Reopened it and it worked immediately.

All of them make up Creative Suite 2. VCS2.zip is a tutorial and the CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1.exe is just extras but they're all part of the complete package.

Gotcha, so I download them all and put them in folders in C:\Creative Suite CS2? Right now they're just downloading to my desktop.

Tumo

[removed]
Thanks Chaos... had just updated my old post with the individual links/codes for the ones I missed before - doh!

Anteater

thanks tumo, had the serials saved but didn't for the links, guess i'm going to download them all now incase they take them down.

Amazing, thanks everyone, its gonna be awesome having Photoshop at work, I will just say im using my own legal key, since they wont ever buy it anyways.

This is 100% legal right?

Also stuck at disc 2. Wtf? Attempting to run all 3 at once. See if that does anything.
Okay I figured it out

Basically the disc 2 .exe doesn't extract its folders to the right place. They extract to their own folder on the C drive. I guess this is why the error comes up about it not being able to create the folder in the first place. If you check the archives with 7zip or something you can see where it's messed up.

The Adobe InDesign CS2 and Adobe Version Cue CS2 folders from the disc 2 exe extract to C:\Creative Suite, but they should be in C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0 with all the rest of the folders. If you move in there after running the .exe normally or just extract them to the proper place with 7zip, the installer should work fine
Oh. Will do this in a minute.

Okay I figured it out

You beautiful bastard you!

Tumo

Amazing, thanks everyone, its gonna be awesome having Photoshop at work, I will just say im using my own legal key, since they wont ever buy it anyways.

This is 100% legal right?

Well, Adobe made the links to the downloads/keys public in their help documentation and an Adobe staff member said they were aware they were available to anyone on their community forum.

I'd say that's as legal as you're going to get without buying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom