• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe not giving away free anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Can someone list everything available please? I can't get on the site right now

Full list
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
Photoshop CS2
InDesign CS2
InCopy CS2
Illustrator CS2
GoLive CS2
Audition 3.0
Acrobat Standard 7.0
Acrobat Pro 8.0
Acrobat 3D 1.0 for Windows
Creative Suite 2

Grabbed the keys just in case.

I guess it's time to start downloading.

Also, as an Adobe newbie, don't they ever sell older versions?

DBT85

What is Adobe Bridge? Never heard of it.

Content management for photos, I much prefer Lightroom though.

Well Photoshop CS6 does cost between £150-350, so I won't blame them

Quite. That's why I doubt they really care about the piracy. They make their money from people who have to own a legit copy as it is essential for work. The thousands that download it nefariously would never have bought it anyway at that price, but may well buy something like Lightroom or Elements which do most of what people use their copy of Photoshop for.

Full list
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
Photoshop CS2
InDesign CS2
InCopy CS2
Illustrator CS2
GoLive CS2
Audition 3.0
Acrobat Standard 7.0
Acrobat Pro 8.0
Acrobat 3D 1.0 for Windows
Creative Suite 2

Just to clarify Creative Suite should include: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Bridge. If you want them all don't bother downloading the individual ones for now. Premiere Pro and Acrobat not included in Creative Suite, so you may want to download them.

Strange you guys are having problems. Adobe loads fine for me, and it's been like this the whole time. I even had to guess (and eventually reset) my password.

CS2 Mac & Win
Acrobat 3D 1.0 Win
Acrobat Standard 7.0 Mac & Win
Acrobat Pro 8.0 Mac & Win
Audition 3.0 Win
GoLive CS2 Mac & Win
Illustrator CS2 Mac & Win
InCopy CS2 Mac & Win
InDesign CS2 Mac & Win
Photoshop CS2 Mac & Win
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0 Mac & Win
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Win

I can post the keys too if I get an okay from a mod.

Are all of these useful for noob or first timers using CS2

Strange you guys are having problems. Adobe loads fine for me, and it's been like this the whole time. I even had to guess (and eventually reset) my password.

Mine was slow from my work computer. I logged into home to download and install and everything ran fast from adobe.com.

Strange.

Adobe recommends that you click Install Later to prevent the installer from starting before all files are extracted. (See "Installing Adobe Creative Suite" in this document for instructions.) For example, if the CS_2.0_UE_Ret_D1 disk image is extracted first, the InstallShield wizard may return an error, "Please insert disk [ number ]." If this error occurs, click OK in the dialog box and then double-click the disk image to which the installer refers to manually extract the disk and complete the installation.

Seems the insert disc is an error.

Seems the insert disc is an error.

Thats what I did the second time, I ran all 3 exes before actually letting the installer start. Same thing happened though. And also the windows files arent images, they're just exes that extract to folders

edit - Looks like I was extracting the second and third discs to the same folder as the first, but they're supposed to be in a different place

D1 - C:\Creative Suite CS2\
D2/D3 - C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0

Lumine

Looks like it's the same keys for everyone. Which makes me very doubtful these will stay active long. Shame, but I guess it sounded a little too good to be true.

atomico

Printed the serial keys, copied all the links of the stuff I wanted to a txt file, since there's no way I can download all this stuff from work.

Again, I really hope this stuff lasts 'till tonight

Awwwww man....
Power PC only :/

But Snow Leopard's still good, right?

Shoogoo

Thats what I did the second time, I ran all 3 exes before actually letting the installer start. Same thing happened though. And also the windows files arent images, they're just exes that extract to folders

edit - Looks like I was extracting the second and third discs to the same folder as the first, but they're supposed to be in a different place

D1 - C:\Creative Suite CS2\
D2/D3 - C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0

Wow, call me stupid but I don't understand.

Mind explaining what you did exactly? I'm still having that error even after following their installation guide thing

Wow, call me stupid but I don't understand.

Mind explaining what you did exactly? I'm still having that error even after following their installation guide thing

I tried extracting the folders to the default locations but it still gives me the error. I thought it would work this time because previously I was extracting them all to the same folder. But that shit didn't work either

Printed the serial keys, copied all the links of the stuff I wanted to a txt file, since there's no way I can download all this stuff from work.

Again, I really hope this stuff lasts 'till tonight

But Snow Leopard's still good, right?

I believe Snow Leopard required Intel; so if you are using Snow Leopard, you aren't using PowerPC. Meaning it very likely won't work for you, it'd probably only work for Leopard and lower—and only with a PowerPC processor.

Ashes

Banned
Make of that what you will:

Adobe recommends that you click Install Later to prevent the installer from starting before all files are extracted. (See "Installing Adobe Creative Suite" in this document for instructions.) For example, if the CS_2.0_UE_Ret_D1 disk image is extracted first, the InstallShield wizard may return an error, "Please insert disk [ number ]." If this error occurs, click OK in the dialog box and then double-click the disk image to which the installer refers to manually extract the disk and complete the installation.
If you click Install Now, the downloaded files are extracted as virtual disks and the InstallShield wizard starts automatically. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Adobe Creative Suite. (Click OK to continue the installation when the following message appears: "Unable to create the specified output folder.")

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Thank you! CS2 is all I need, love having a full and real CS2 to use instead of lesser alternatives like Paint.Net and Gimp!

Sarcasm

Really could use Acrobat pro and PS! Which I got but I downloaded everything...

Is that pointless since its on my account? Like can I download again whenever?

Really could use Acrobat pro and PS! Which I got but I downloaded everything...

Is that pointless since its on my account? Like can I download again whenever?

that's what I want to know, I would love to download it now but with a new computer heading my way in a week it would suck if I can't redownload these

Deques

CS for free?

lxCB6.jpg

atomico

I believe Snow Leopard required Intel; so if you are using Snow Leopard, you aren't using PowerPC. Meaning it very likely won't work for you, it'd probably only work for Leopard and lower.

I'm pretty sure my MBP (Intel w/ Snow Leopard) has Rosetta, but dunno if that works for ALL PowerPC apps or just some of them. Guess I'll find out later tonight :)

MisterHero

southpark-nice.jpg

Imageready's functions are supposedly built into Photoshop now but I'd rather just have the seperate PS7 version. I'm just more used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom