• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe not giving away free anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Why I copied all the keys to a text file as soon as I got in..knew there would be no return.

Okay, stupid question but when it asks for Disc 2? How am I suppse to?

Such a newbie I am.

Can't figure this out either. Tried running all 3 exes to extract them all to the same folder but it still asks for disc 2

Gonna try creating disc images of the individual extracted folders I guess.

mackattk

I am just going to give up on this. after spending 15 minutes trying to create an account, the password isn't working.

Congrats to whoever got in on this.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I am surprised that so many people on Gaf don't have adobe accounts. I imagined a lot of you cycling through registration emails to get a new 30 day cs6 trial every month.

Got through, downloading copies for windows - Nice move by adobe, I rarely use anything outside core functionality, which hasn't changed since CS2 - I think... I bet once I start using it I'll miss a lot of stuff X)

I'm in. If I copy and paste the keys now, can I just use them later without issue? I'm at work so I don't want to download them here.

For anyone who has gotten through, does your photoshop key start with 1045-1412?

Edit: Above is Windows Photoshop Serial. Mac one starts with 1045-0410.

I'm in as well. They have a mac and windows version, so make sure you get the right one. Got my keys as well, just gotta download.

How good is CS2 compared to CS6? Is it a notable difference or just loads of minor improvements that won't affect the layman?

CS2 is pretty basic, though still has most everything you'd expect. CS3 is a marked improvement. After that, CS5+ is the next major step up, primarily due to content-aware fill, which is some fucking black magic.

DBT85

MrBurnsExcellent.jpg

Downloading them all now.

I wonder how many people downloading today will for the first time be the owners of Photoshop in a non dodgy manner, even if all they used it for was crop rotate resize 99% of the time lol.

Serial is the same for everyone it seems.

MrBurnsExcellent.jpg

I wonder how many people downloading today will for the first time be the owners of Photoshop in a non dodgy manner, even if all they used it for was crop rotate resize 99% of the time lol.

My mother has wanted Photoshop for a long time, so she'll be excited to have it, even though it's for basic stuff!

BosSin

MrBurnsExcellent.jpg

Well Photoshop CS6 does cost between £150-350, so I won't blame them

FUCK YES! Been using Photoshop Elements 2.0 for years... this will be a massive upgrade to me!

Worked for me. (Living in DK as well)

What is Adobe Bridge? Never heard of it.

I never used it, but from what I see it basically is some sort of file browser that integrates between the different programs and is able to improve workflow. But again, I never used i and apparently it is much worse in CS2.

lupinko

Thanks op, I just saved the keys, I'll download the software later.

I like how it offers a mac version too, which is going to be useful when I buy a MBP in the near future.

Can someone list everything available please? I can't get on the site right now

CS2 Mac & Win
Acrobat 3D 1.0 Win
Acrobat Standard 7.0 Mac & Win
Acrobat Pro 8.0 Mac & Win
Audition 3.0 Win
GoLive CS2 Mac & Win
Illustrator CS2 Mac & Win
InCopy CS2 Mac & Win
InDesign CS2 Mac & Win
Photoshop CS2 Mac & Win
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0 Mac & Win
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Win

I can post the keys too if I get an okay from a mod.

I don't get this. What is Adobe's bread and butter money maker these days if they can give all of this stuff away for free?

Even though the site access took a bit, downloading Creative Suite only took 6 minutes or so. Damn.

I don't get this. What is Adobe's bread and butter money maker these days if they can give all of this stuff away for free?

CS2 is almost 5 versions ago. 2005 it came out.

I managed to get in by remote controlling my home PC from my phone, lol.

Can I just leave it on the screen and start downloading stuff when I get home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom