• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe not giving away free anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So like, can't I just save the codes and register them in the website? Or do I need to download the program first? Don't they have something like tying programs to your account?

Okay I figured it out

Basically the disc 2 .exe doesn't extract its folders to the right place. They extract to their own folder on the C drive. I guess this is why the error comes up about it not being able to create the folder in the first place. If you check the archives with 7zip or something you can see where it's messed up.

The Adobe InDesign CS2 and Adobe Version Cue CS2 folders from the disc 2 exe extract to C:\Creative Suite, but they should be in C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0 with all the rest of the folders. If you move in there after running the .exe normally or just extract them to the proper place with 7zip, the installer should work fine

Menelaus

Banned
So like, can't I just save the codes and register them in the website? Or do I need to download the program first? Don't they have something like tying programs to your account?

CS2 versions of these programs don't authenticate against a server. The codes just authenticate against the installer.

AColdDay

I see creative suite 2 as a dl, and seperate dls below it for all the individual programs(PS, Audition). Is everything below the main link included in creative suite 2?

KiKaL

It probably should be added to OP that this only works for Windows and Older Macs. This will not work on Intel based Macs.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, nice find!

*goes to download Photoshop and Illustrator*

Maybe now I'll be in the mood to draw again.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Grabbed about 3GB of stuff in what seemed like 10 minutes, copied the keys to a text file and tucked it all away in a folder for me to deal with after work.

Good deal.

Pooya

I don't follow Photoshop's development, have they really added any 'revolutionary' new feature since CS2 that would matter to average user and not just a professional artist?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
for basic stuff, how does CS2 photoshop compare to something like lightroom + photoshop elements 9?
I use PS CS2 for basic stuff at work because it's lighter on resources, and it's great really. You get almost everything there, including adjustment layers, layer styles (effects layers), and smart objects (lets you apply transforms infinitely with no quality loss). Then there's great Reduce Noise filter which is fantastic for digital photography and removing JEG artifacts. Just these few things make it far better than something like PIxelmator, and it's free now

I don't follow Photoshop's development, have they really added any 'revolutionary' new feature since CS2 that would matter to average user and not just a professional artist?
Context Fill / Context Brush is the big one. Also effects applying on Smart Objects. There's also 3D stuff, but most people don't use PS for that anyway.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
for basic stuff, how does CS2 photoshop compare to something like lightroom + photoshop elements 9?
I haven't worked much with Elements but if you're just doing minor touch up it's more than sufficient. However for me there's no alternative to the full version and it's all about the interface. Also if you want to work in other color spaces, like CMYK, you need the full version.

As long as it's free I really don't see a reason for not getting it.

finally got the CS suite installer to work and tried to run ps and got this

photoshop-son-of-a-biwvpt0.png

CS2 versions of these programs don't authenticate against a server. The codes just authenticate against the installer.

So... I can download the files and run the installer on my desktop, and then do the same on my laptop and the codes will work on both?

My desktop is at home, and on so I can do it now at a push (have to remote control using my phone), but my laptop is with me and won't be connected to the internet till I get home from work (about 3.5hrs from now).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I haven't worked much with Elements but if you're just doing minor touch up it's more than sufficient. However for me there's no alternative to the full version and it's all about the interface. Also if you want to work in other color spaces, like CMYK, you need the full version.

As long as it's free I really don't see a reason for not getting it.

I guess my biggest concern is the age of CS2 and how it'll behave alongside lightroom

Westraid

I would have downloaded that in a heartbeat if I had not purchased it several years ago already. Also dat ImageReady.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I guess my biggest concern is the age of CS2 and how it'll behave alongside lightroom
From what I've seen, CS2 opens even CS6 PSD files just fine. Some things it cannot interpret, like effects on smart objects, so you lose that, but 99.9% of the time, things work out fine.

Pooya

Paint.net is a decent program for general use. I don't know why it isn't bundled with windows instead of MS Paint.

I've been using that for years, it gets the job done, you can even make gifs with some external plugins and has a nice clean UI. v4 in development looks pretty cool too.

It has nothing do to with microsoft, they need something like that bundled though.

Zapages

Although CS 5.5... I am still downloading this because I can install it on my other laptops/computers... This will definitely will come in handy when using on other computers.

I keep getting unexpected errors when I try to extract the files from the zip. I've downloaded Premiere a couple times and each time I get an error in a different spot when extracting.

isny

napkin dispenser
Yep, error page here. Trying to get my Adobe ID to work is proving slow too.

Major sites like Gizmodo have picked up on this, so the traffic is probably pretty crazy by now. Also, people on the west coast are starting to get up now, so that's a whole other group of people trying to get their free stuff.

yogloo

For people who wants content aware fill, you can use gimp + resynthesize plugin. Works really well. I'm grabbing this since I hate gimp's interface. I will keep gimp just for the content aware fill. :)
And also, Illustrator!!!!! Yay! No more messing with inkscape.

Ty4on

Site is slow, but downloads are pretty quick...

Can't to use Photoshop again, tried for years to use GIMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom