• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time (DS, 3DS) will be like Zelda 2

Would've been cool if we got a Paper Mario rpg style of show.

Who says we can't have that too with a subsequent game? Have we not, for instance, gotten multiple types of Bleach games?

This is too perfect for words.

I like this. It's a lot better than the beat 'em up idea, which is kind of an overplayed generic "safe" genre for licensed games to do.

The Retro Game Challenge/Wario Ware idea would be perfect for BMO.

Nah RS is still good. AT has peaked a long time ago. It's a decent show still though.

Regular Show lacks engaging characters IMO. Mordecai and Finn are too one-note.

I have a feeling the Zelda II thing just comes from the top down and sidescrolling combat gameplay.

This. The Zelda 2 as common ground came from them trying to coalesce their influences from regular Zelda, Mega Man, Castlevania, Metroid, and the like.

Zekes!

Actually Zelda 2 is almost exactly how I'd want an Adventure Time game set up, so that's pretty awesome.

Legal scans!

wtgKq.jpg

It sucks that Finn has some generic sword in the artwork and not one of his actual swords.

Actually Zelda 2 is almost exactly how I'd want an Adventure Time game set up, so that's pretty awesome.

It sucks that Finn has some generic sword in the artwork and not one of his actual swords.

While I know nothing about the show, maybe you upgrade that sword to one of the ones you know about.

Zekes!

While I know nothing about the show, maybe you upgrade that sword to one of the ones you know about.

Yeah, I could see that in game considering he goes through a few swords as the series progresses, but from an artwork point of view it just seems like a huge oversight, and maybe lack of attention to detail, to give him a generic looking sword.

This is Finn's Sword - it's a hatcheted up sort of thing, has real personality.

And this is his current one, the Demon Sword

Demonsword.png

Amir0x

Banned
He uses several swords though. I hope we get choices and upgrades for equipment.

yeah i know, but in most promotional material/toys/etc, the sword he is using is the one I posted... it's sort of iconic at this point for the character, imo

Edit: I want to make it clear that it doesn't bother me one way or the other if the sword is in

yeah i know, but in most promotional material/toys/etc, the sword he is using is the one I posted... it's sort of iconic at this point for the character, imo

Edit: I want to make it clear that it doesn't bother me one way or the other if the sword is in

Oh, I could understand if it would bother someone. You're right, it is iconic. I just hope there's some choices.

Zekes!

I just found out the other day they sell it as a 24 inch toy, I kind of (read: really) want to buy it

TEJ

I can't recall the last time I bought a game based on an animated kids show, but I think I will make this the first one in a long time.

TEJ

Gargoyles on Genesis for me.

Unless Kingdom Hearts counts.

KH shouldn't, unless they did actually have a level based on something like gummi bears, ducktales, rescue rangers, gargoyles, darkwing duck, or talespin in one of the KH games.

Drago

I just found out the other day they sell it as a 24 inch toy, I kind of (read: really) want to buy it
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, stay FAAAR away. My friend got one and it broke within 5 minutes. Awful build quality

watershed

Banned
Wow those screens look great, much better than I was expecting. I hope they use 3d well with layered backgrounds and stuff.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Zelda 2 is the best Zelda.

More games should try and emulate its style.

Zelda 2 is my fave as well. Wish they expanded on it with the 3d zeldas but they didnt :( They went the overhead view style for the games, instead of deeper combat. Oh well there is always Darksiders.

I don't even watch this show, but with this knowlage if the game is long enough I'll pick it up for the gameplay alone.

Zekes!

I actually just spent the last couple hours watching Adventure Time with my little cousin. She loved it.

She keeps bugging me to watch more episodes "with the vampire girl", haha.

Drago

Is the show any good?
I dont watch it religiously (refused to watch it in SD because I'm really picky - just got the HD feed last week :D) but from the episodes I've seen, it's really good. Its funny, the characters are great, and the art style and animation is outstanding. I love it, but not as much as Regular Show ;)

Regardless, I'll be getting the game asap. WayForward need to do a RS beat-em-up next though :p

Only thing I'm worried about is the difficulty. Not that I would blame WayForward, but the game has to be played by kids as well I suppose. It would be nice if they made the game how they really wanted to, then just dumbed it down and had that as the normal difficulty. Keep the true game for the Hard Mode(or whatever you want to name it) and have it select-able at the start.

Is the show any good?

It's awesome. Can't say it's better than Regular Show. I put them on about the same level. Regular Show had an only sega master system in it, so it gets auto status just for that. Not that it needed the help, but it was nice lol

Thread made me realize I missed today's new episode :(

Anyways, I will definitely get this. Hope it gets as ridiculous as the show.

Top Bottom