• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time movie in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

http://deadline.com/2015/02/adventure-time-film-cartoon-networks-1201383129/
EXCLUSIVE: Adventure Time, one of the most popular shows on Cartoon Network, is being developed at Warner Bros. for the big screen as an animated feature. Created by Pendleton Ward at Cartoon Networks Studios, Adventure Time follows the escapades of 12-year-old boy Finn and best friend dog Jake who fight fiercely in a quest to protect their beloved Land of Ooo, usually from the Ice King who is searching high and low for his Princess Bubblegum. The project will be produced by the winning combo of Chris McKay and Roy Lee.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nice. I used to get smashed on Jameson and marathon episodes of AT. It went very well together! In the words of Patton Oswalt, "I'm going to sneak you into the movie in my tummy!"

JC Lately

Inb4 all the Lemongrab gifs.

But yeah this is excellent news. Wonder how they'll play it? Pure random silliness or random silliness with dark undertones?

Marceline better have a sizable part or I will walk the fuck out of that theater.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It would be horrible but at that same time i'd be morbidly curious to see a live action version.

Choomp

Banned
If done right, this could be fucking awesome. I'd been thinking about how an Adventure Time movie would be like, man, can't wait to see how it comes out.

Hoping for some kickass musical numbers. Marceline+Ice King again why not

Also I cannot wait to see the animation. Chances are the world is going to look so beautiful

Awwwww yeahhhhhh
tumblr_nk1r8ayihU1qa0n48o1_500.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Because the show is in 2D

Why would you think it's 3D?

Frozen makes 400 mil
Lego movie makes 260 mil
Sponge bob makes 130 mil.

Its in the marketing. 2D isn't making any sort of headway in the box office trends. It'll be a hard sell IMO if they don't make it hit the same appeal that 3D movies seem get a lot of just cause they're CG

Just my opinion about it anyway, but Adventure Time lends itself to being able to do wacky things with space time so they may take that opportunity to not have it be 2D primarily

Oh so you're just pulling shit out of your ass at this point, got it.

::shrug:: did you think I work for the show or something?

You know, it would make sense for franchises like Spongebob and Adventure Time to bring back traditional animation to cinema. People eating up those cartoons as kids, then developing an appreciation for hand-drawn animation as they grow older.

edit: Didn't realize Spongebob underperformed.

Welp. As long as the show continues I guess I can tolerate the movie being 3D.

Still though, I can't help daydreaming about what a glorious return to the artform a theatrical 2D Adventure Time film could be.

sn00zer

Not much of a storyline either of those two have. Steven Universe now that has a storyline that also isn't filled with filler eps nor eps with just side characters.

Filler eps are what make Adventure Time...... just because anime filler is inherently crap doesnt mean AT sideline stories arent great

ZoddGutts

Filler eps are what make Adventure Time...... just because anime filler is inherently crap doesnt mean AT sideline stories arent great

Eh, I find more than half of the eps not to be great, yes there's some good ones though. It wasn't until recently when they started to move the story again.

sn00zer

Popeye 3d test and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs have me fairly confident they can nail the animation style.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What if it's multiple styles?
The show has done multiple styles. There was the 3D episode, the anime episode, and there's a stop-motion episode coming up.

G0523

The biggest question is: Is Pendleton Ward writing it? Ever since he stepped down from being the main writer of the show, the quality has dipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom