• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time movie in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Yes.

Reserve full judgement till you get into season 2 though. Season 1 can at times feel like a different show. But dont skip it - its still good, just a bit more juvenile.
Yes it's absolutely worth it.
Just watched S01E01 now. The humour in AT is very weird, but I dig it. For a kids show, there's some quite adult humour. Like the dead candy asking the princess to 'give him some sugar' - kids won't get it, obviously, but I laughed a little. I'll keep watching.

Adventure Time and a bunch of other Cartoon Network shows are leaving Netflix on March 30.
Best get a move on then.

Blues1990

I would be ok with 3D.

It would be a nice change of pace from the Pixar/Dreamworks artstyle.

08LTQCu.jpg
She's surprisingly.... Thicker than usual. Was Fionna redesigned recently?

Aside from that, both renders look incredible.

Thank you SpongeBob for allowing cartoon-to-film adaptations to return. These are always interesting.

The My Little Pony 2017 movie was announced before that premiered, and I'm sure there was already a lot of discussion about this movie months before this announcement, so I'm not sure "Sponge Out of Water"'s relative success is related. Granted, the fact that Nick was willing to make that movie might have had an influence in spurring on these other companies.

Zubz

Banned
isnt finn like 15 now?

Isn't that fan art used in the banner, too? It also says the story is just the Ice King chasing Princess Bubblegum, so I feel like this article wasn't well-researched, and based on old info. I don't think it's going to rewind the series back to Season 1; other than
building up Finn losing an arm for years, only to have him grow it back in, like, 2 episodes
, the show's really good about sticking with continuity.

Speaking of which, that's about the point when I stopped. I saw the Season 6 premiere, but interest was slowly waning up until then. I'd definitely hop back on board for a movie, though, so long as its not awful!

Best get a move on then.

I really hate that they're doing that, but I also hate the fact that, after over 2 years on there, we only have 2 seasons of any of those shows at most. I think The Boondocks is the only [as]/Cartoon Network show on there with every season, and it might be one of the only ones of them with even half the series on there. I pity the poor person who finishes Venture Bros. on there and thinks they're safe jumping into Season 6 coming up here...

EDIT: Sorry, wasn't thinking about how that was a spoiler.

Please mark your spoilers. This thread is about the movie, you should not assume that everyone reading is caught up with the show. In fact several people have already mentioned they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom