• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 3 |OT|: The Party God Has Deemed Us Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
8hhuz6

Made by Wayforward!
:D

The Lamp

I know what one of the special features is and I can't wait to actually watch it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it sounds really funny.

"$150."

I also hope that it doesn't take another four years to put out a proper Season 2 set. Everyone rabble-rousing for the full season sets better buy the fuck out of Season 1 to send the message to Cartoon Network.

Seriously....I'm still waiting for Season 3 and 4 of Ed, Edd 'n Eddy on DVD :(

Izick

Why is it a DS game :|

That is so fucking lame. 3DS would have been so baller.

I'm guessing they think that DS is a safer bet; that most of their audience is still there, and 3DS owners can still play it anyway. It's kind of a shame though, because I'm sure it would still sell great on the 3DS.

alright gave in to the hype and finally watched S1 ep. 1

i guess they just dump you right into this without any "introductions" right? ;)

i kinda liked it so far, nice whimsical world, might keep going with this

Kuroyume

Banned
alright gave in to the hype and finally watched S1 ep. 1

i guess they just dump you right into this without any "introductions" right? ;)

i kinda liked it so far, nice whimsical world, might keep going with this

Like most cartoons it gets waaaaaaaaaaaaay better in later seasons.

Anyway, is somone going to do avseason 4 thread?

I'll do the Season 4 OT I guess, being GAF's ambassador to all things behind-the-scenes of Adventure Time and all. When should I make it? Monday morning?

How's "Adventure Time Season 4 |OT| Thread of Water Elementals" ?

Oh, and here's the goods from Alex's link:

7027342619_f86f0ba4b5.jpg

So awesome.

July 10, 2012

Hallefriggenlujah. And it’ll be worth the wait. Here are all the good parts of Cartoon Network’s press release:

What Time Is It?! Full-Season DVD Release Time!

Cartoon Network Announces the DVD Release of Adventure Time: The Complete First Season

Making Your Dreams Come True July 10, Two-Disc Set Contains All 26 Season One Episodes PLUS a Whole Bunch of Bonus Features Created by Pendleton Ward & Show Team

HECK YEAH!!! At long last, the wait is over as Cartoon Network has announced the DVD release of the entire first season of its Emmy®-nominated animated comedy series Adventure Time! Yep, that’s all 26 episodes from the show’s first season, plus heaps of bonus features created by Pendleton Ward and the show team, including featurettes, episode commentaries, animatics and more packed into a sweet DVD package. The Adventure Time: The Complete First Season two-disc set will be available on July 10, 2012 for the suggested retail price of $26.95, making it a must-have for the series’ ravenous fans, who can relive all of the original adventures of best buddies Finn and Jake in the magical land of Ooo.

“Since our first DVD release last September, fans have been telling us nonstop that they want to own full season sets of Adventure Time on DVD. Because the show is for everyone, both kids and adults, we’re really happy we can put this out,” said Erik Resnick, vice president of Cartoon Network Enterprises, the home entertainment division of Cartoon Network. “In addition to the great episodes, Pendleton and the show team have created some great bonus features on this set that we’re sure fans will love.”

The highly-anticipated bonus materials in the Adventure Time: The Complete First Season DVD release include:
behind the scene featurettes of the crew, the composers and more filmed by creator Pendleton Ward with his very own camera phone;
animatics featuring commentary by Ward, Adam Muto, Pat McHale and Derek Drymon for the “Rainy Day Daydream,” “Slumber Party Panic,” “Dungeon” and “The Enchiridion!” episodes;
and episode commentary from cast members and special guests including:
“Prisoners of Love” with John DiMaggio, Jeremy Shada, Tom Kenny and Ward;
“Ricardio the Heart Guy” with George Takei, Hynden Walch, Kenny, Shada and Ward;
“Tree Trunks” with Bettie Ward and Polly Lou Livingston; and
“Trouble in Lumpy Space” with DiMaggio, Shada, Kenny and Ward.

Joining the Adventure Time: The Complete First Season DVD release at retail are the compilation releases, Adventure Time My Two Favorite People and Adventure Time It Came from the Nightosphere, which are both currently available at retail and offer fans a lower-price point option to add to their DVD libraries.

From what Natasha and Patrick have told me, the interviews filmed by Pen are really, really funny. Can't wait!

nice! looking forward to OT4, when does next season start again?

Monday night, 7:30pm.

I've never made an OT before, what all should I include? I was thinking of posting the episode titles, but some people may consider that spoilers so I don't know if they should go in the OP?

I like the simplistic look of the art and the logo. Also, this will give me a chance to not only watch a season in its entirety, but see the pilot as well.

How likely is it that Regular Show will receive similar treatment?

I like the simplistic look of the art and the logo. Also, this will give me a chance to not only watch a season in its entirety, but see the pilot as well.

How likely is it that Regular Show will receive similar treatment?

You won't be seeing the pilot on the DVD set or any Cartoon Network anything, ever. Nickelodeon owns the pilot of Adventure Time (as well as the pilot of Pen's new Cartoon Hangover show, Bravest Warriors) because they were part of Nick's "Random! Cartoons" show they did with Frederator Studios. If you want to see it, just search YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgBquNTf3yE

As for Regular Show season DVDs, don't hold your breath. RS does good, but not Adventure Time good. They can milk the fuck out of AT because it appeals to a wide audience of kids, teens, and adults. Regular Show doesn't have nearly the same spread, so it'll likely be stuck with compilation DVDs . If you want full seasons of Regular Show, just get them on iTunes or Amazon because full retail sets from Cartoon Network are like, not a thing that happens.

-_-

Banned
Just watched the leaked season 4 episode 1, it was pretty good and had a nice resolve at the end (feels weird talking about this in a season 3 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom