• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advice? Wild possum holed up in bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlbeak

OP, we need updates, man! I know you're posting from your wii ( :lol ) but come ON! THis is a pivotal moment in this thread. You have confirmed and proven the existence of this possum. We have found out it stayed in your room with you last night. We don't know how it escaped the bathroom. We don't know how it even got inside! Do you have doors? Do you live deep in the woods/swamp? Do you not have windows? Walls???

We need answers!

Banjo_possum.jpg

(The OP is Buster.)

-x.Red.x-

Horsebite said:
OP, we need updates, man! I know you're posting from your wii ( :lol ) but come ON! THis is a pivotal moment in this thread. You have confirmed and proven the existence of this possum. We have found out it stayed in your room with you last night. We don't know how it escaped the bathroom. We don't know how it even got inside! Do you have doors? Do you live deep in the woods/swamp? Do you not have windows? Walls???

We need answers!
your avatar:lol :lol :lol :lol

10/10 thread, would read again

Update. So, I finally got through to animal control. They said they don't handle wildlife, but told me to call DNR. Called them and they said it would cost 100 bucks to send a trapper out. As you can see from my high end PC and luxury wardrobe I can't really afford it. DNR's advice was to pick it up by the tail (not going to happen) and they also said “don't let it bite you".

My plan now is to put on multiple layers of clothing and dishwashing gloves before I arm myself with a broom to try to scare it out.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
GillianSeed79 said:
Update. So, I finally got through to animal control. They said they don't handle wildlife, but told me to call DNR. Called them and they said it would cost 100 bucks to send a trapper out. As you can see from my high end PC and luxury wardrobe I can't really afford it. DNR's advice was to pick it up by the tail (not going to happen) and they also said “don't let it bite you".

My plan now is to put on multiple layers of clothing and dishwashing gloves before I arm myself with a broom to try to scare it out.

Go sign out a camera first. It must be done. By the way what kind of animal control doesn't deal with wildlife???

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Okay GAF, let's plan out the possum's escape route.

I suggest we put one of those broken drawers over him and drag it to the door.

Video tape the whole thing.

-x.Red.x-

GillianSeed79 said:

somehow video record this.

for the love of GAF

:lol :lol

be safe

owlbeak

GillianSeed79 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

God dammit. I wish you had a camera so bad. If you video'd this...you'd be a legend. You still will be...but man...this is the greatest. Let us know how it goes!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:

We need to see you in your costume. You can use a mask.

Give it cat food and water.

GillianSeed79 said:

As I read on the last page and page before that, this definitely seems like the best solution.

No, the only solution.

Askani

GillianSeed79 said:

I suggested this back on page two. Seriously...it's not going to do anything to you. :lol

Put on this song while you're doing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkwD5rQ-_d4

Horsebite said:

We need answers!

I actually live in a small city. I have two cats and a backyard. When I get home from work I sometimes leave the door cracked so they can go outside. That's how it got in. I first noticed it in the kitchen eating some cat food. One of my cats saw it and it got spooked, which is how it ended up in the bathroom. I then opened the nearby cellar door and left the front door cracked hoping it would flee when me or my cats weren't in the room. That's when it fled to the bedroom closet. Clarification, I don't actually sleep in my bedroom since it's always messy. I have a futon in the den I sleep on. I hope that clears up any confusion.

falconzss

DeathNote said:
We need to see you in your costume. You can use a mask.

Give it cat food and water.

this would propel this thread to even greater heights :lol
damn i should go to bed but this is just to great.

owlbeak

GillianSeed79 said:
I actually live in a small city. I have two cats and a backyard. When I get home from work I sometimes leave the door cracked so they can go outside. That's how it got in. I first noticed it in the kitchen eating some cat food. One of my cats saw it and it got spooked, which is how it ended up in the bathroom. I then opened the nearby cellar door and left the front door cracked hoping it would flee when me or my cats weren't in the room. That's when it fled to the bedroom closet. Clarification, I don't actually sleep in my bedroom since it's always messy. I have a futon in the den I sleep on. I hope that clears up any confusion.
YES! This is great, thank you! I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around this whole situation, because it's some of the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. :lol

GillianSeed79 said:

:lol The possum has its own bedroom now. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:
What happened after the closet? Long gap until the pictures in the corner.

owlbeak

DeathNote said:
I think he went to bed, presumably in the den, got called into work this morning and came home, found the possum, went back to work to get a camera, came back, took said photos, returned camera, and now we are here. Do I need to create a possum event timeline so people can catch up?

I will anyway....just for fun

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Horsebite said:
I think he went to bed, presumably in the den, got called into work this morning and came home, found the possum, went back to work to get a camera, came back, took said photos, returned camera, and now we are here. Do I need to create a possum event timeline so people can catch up?

How did it get out of the closet?

Wait it slept in the den with you? :lol

Gaborn

DeathNote said:
I wonder how much opossum shit and piss in the house. :lol

Actually, unless it drank from the toilet or learned how to use the bathroom sink it probably won't have THAT much piss left, the HUMAN bladder can only hold about 16 ounces, I'd assume a possum is considerably less.

DeathNote said:

That's when I created the thread. See, my days off are Friday and Saturday. It was 5 am when I got off GAF and decided to go to bed. I was tired as shit, so I overslept. At about 11 a.m., my secretary called and said the boss wanted me to come in since two people called in sick. I took a break at about 5 p.m. hoping to get a photo. Remember when I said I'd be back in 20 minutes? Well, my car actually ran out of gas on the way home and I had to call AAA. That ate up my break. The other delay was when I finally got the chance to search for it, the batteries in my camera died. I had a few extra around the house, so that's how I got the photos finally. I was pissed because the camera died right when it had its mouth open and hissing.

Clydefrog

GillianSeed79 said:
That's when I created the thread. See, my days off are Friday and Saturday. It was 5 am when I got off GAF and decided to go to bed. I was tired as shit, so I overslept. At about 11 a.m., my secretary called and said the boss wanted me to come in since two people called in sick. I took a break at about 5 p.m. hoping to get a photo. Remember when I said I'd be back in 20 minutes? Well, my car actually ran out of gas on the way home and I had to call AAA. That ate up my break. The other delay was when I finally got the chance to search for it, the batteries in my camera died. I had a few extra around the house, so that's how I got the photos finally. I was pissed because the camera died right when it had its mouth open and hissing.

man, things just aren't working out for you :(

maybe the possum is there to HELP

GillianSeed79 said:
OMG this is all just crazy. GAF legend now.:lol Wonder if you'll get a tag for this?
Thanks for the updates.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:
I got everything but one thing :lol How did it get out of the closet?

Horsebite said:

Please do :lol

Jesus Christ, this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom