• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advice? Wild possum holed up in bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMigs85

Hey it's actually kinda cute.
Ah, I know... if you don't wanna call animal control why not leave a trail of Cheetos that go out the door?

owlbeak

GillianSeed79 said:
Here we go. Here's a close up

GillianSeed79
YES!!! :lol :lol :lol

R0nn

What's up with the dresser? :lol

What's up with all the random stuff on the floor? :lol

You could've at least cleaned up a bit before taking the pictures.

DonMigs85

R0nn said:

Yeah, and I hope those aren't dried jizz stains on the wall

dakster

Neo Member
Poor thing looks fucking terrified now, Seriously need to get someone to help you get it out the house if you can't do it.

Looks like you got burgled while you were at work ;P

owlbeak

R0nn said:

A possom is probably the least of his worries! Look at all that stuff! And the possum is just rifling through his pants!

WHY ARE YOU LETTING THIS HAPPEN, OP?!? :lol :lol

rehost/repost for the new page

nzgmw.jpg

if71G.jpg

and now OP, get a video camera and chase it through your house!
73f8u1.gif

edit: regarding the newspaper in the first pic:
NO, it is NOT over!

I'm also not surprised the opossum thought your house is the wilderness. :lol

Gaborn

Ok OP. What you need to do now is set your little friend free. Open a damned window and give it a chance to escape, or to bring it's relatives in. I mean, either way it hasn't gotten laid in a day, and that's not fair to the poor thing.

DemiMatt

yowza. Excuse me OP, can you please check out a camera again please. I would love to see more pics of your home. Thanks!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Honestly, I thought you were full of shit at first but you fucking delivered. So hard.
There is so much awesome in those pics, I don't even know where to start.

Gaborn said:
Ok OP. What you need to do now is set your little friend free. Open a damned window and give it a chance to escape, or to bring it's relatives in. I mean, either way it hasn't gotten laid in a day, and that's not fair to the poor thing.

Yeah things terrified. I'm going to try and shoo it out.

I haven't cleaned my closet in a very long time, so that's why it looks like that. The rest of my house is clean.

HeySeuss

I think the best part of this thread is that the op spent more time and effort getting a pic of the home invader instead of trying to get rid of it. :lol :lol

DonMigs85

Don't live like such a slob too OP, clean up the joint. You won't attract the ladies living like that.
All the musky odors coming from your closet and laundry is probably what attracted the opossum in the first place.

Gaborn

GillianSeed79 said:
Yeah things terrified. I'm going to try and shoo it out.

I haven't cleaned my closet in a very long time, so that's why it looks like that. The rest of my house is clean.

Oh, so you WANT to get your face ripped off. Open a window, give it a path TO that window and let it get out on it's own. It came in, it can go out.

owlbeak

Shick Brithouse said:
I think the best part of this thread is that the op spent more time and effort getting a pic of the home invader instead of trying to get rid of it. :lol :lol
I can't believe he went to sleep with it in his bedroom! :lol Laughing so hard right now.

Full Recovery said:
Go find another opossum so he can show that opossum how to get out of the house.

Yeah, we all know how that will end...

dm6Ie.jpg

Now check how your cat and the opossum will react if set up against each other, info on the last page indicated they will unite against you!

owlbeak

ciaossu said:
Horsebite
(Today, 09:19 PM)
Reply | Quote
http://i31.tinypic.com/2v30e4y.jpg[IMG]

Bastard, you have me here laughing at the dumbest photoshops :lol :lol :lol[/QUOTE]I couldn't resist. This thread is too epic. :lol

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
so.... is there a NEW reason you haven't called animal control?

they won't kill it, they'll just put it outside

pirata

Wow. I'm not quite sure what happened in this thread, but I like it! Also, I agree with Gaborn on changing GAF into PossumGAF for a day. All you would need is a filter that changes certain words into "possum" and words related to opossums.

Also, if I see anyone posting without an avatar, I'll assume from now on that they're posting from their Wii.

owlbeak

Ela Hadrun said:
so.... is there a NEW reason you haven't called animal control?

they won't kill it, they'll just put it outside
Don't intervene...let it play out however it happens. Don't ruin it!

Norml

just use a broom and sweep it out.and if that don't work at first, turn the stick around and smash it in the face.

owlbeak

Norml said:
just use a broom and sweep it out ,and if that don't work turn the stick around and smash it in the face.
We covered this a few pages back.

Ahem, according to the Opossums Society of the US's FAQ:
Question: There is an opossum in my house or garage. What do I do?

Answer: First contact your local animal shelter to determine if an officer will assist you. Always make sure the opossum will not be trapped and killed!

An opossum can safely be trapped by leaning an empty, tall kitchen trash can at approximately a 30-45º angle against something the opossum can climb onto such as a stack of books. Place cat food or ripe fruit at the bottom of the trash can. The opossum will be able to climb into the trash can but will be unable to climb or jump out. Immediately take the trash can outside. Tip the can on its side and the opossum will leave when it feels it is safe to do so. This is best done at dusk. If it has to be done during the day then tip the opening towards a dense shrub where the opossum can hide until nightfall.

You can also try to leave a trail of pet food leading to an open door. Observe quietly at a distance. Once it leaves, shut the door. Do not try to push the opossum with a broom. The frightened animal will freeze and not move.
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom