• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Voodoo Vince and Phantom Dust...

Pyrrhus

Yeah, Otogi 1 and 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, and Gun Valkyrie would almost obviate the need for the Xbox for me. Throw in Ninja Gaiden Black and Dead or Alive 3 and you're 95% of the way there. Everything else of worth has been released on PC or elsewhere.

Welfare

MechAssault and Lone Wolf.

If these were free like Phantom Dust holy shit they might be the only games I play on Xbox. I'd even pay for them if I'd have too.

marrec

Banned
Gunvalkyrie next please.

Or Hunter: The Reckoning, I know it wasn't an exclusive, but I just want more of that.

Or Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Mechassault

Rallisport Challenge

DO ET

I never played Otogi, but I heard it's the shit. I've never been able to get a copy, it's rare in my country. I'd Love to play it.

KageMaru

I would love a Breakdown port. The story had a lot of potential. Too bad that would rely on Namco and it's clear they have no interest in the IP.

Matty77

So many. The original XBOX was the one Microsoft system that was my favorite of its generation.

A lot of those mentioned in this thread I would take, best though would be the PGR games. Still sad about what happened to bizzare creations.

I would play Crimson Skies and MechAssult. A new MechAssult with Crackdown 3 level destruction on a free to play basis would be awesome!

EmiPrime

All the From Software and Sega games. Throw in Breakdown too.

Also new Midtown Madness, Crimson Skies and MechAssault games for Xbox One with the OG Xbox games as bonuses.

If I could only choose one however I would pick Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Zeta Oni

Take everything said already, throw in:

Kingdom Under Fire games
Deathrow
Forza Motorsport
PROJECT GOTHAM racing
Sega GT rally
Shin Megami Tensei NINE
Dead or Alive 3 & Ultimate
DoA: Extreme Beach Volleyball
Splinter Cell: DA (original xbox version)

There's more I'm missing, but I think we have most of the best ones.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'm playing through Metal Wolf Chaos now and it is really, really good. If anyone is interested, it's mostly in English too. I think there is an English text patch if you have a modded Xbox iirc.

The one I would want is SMT: NINE. I really like that game, despite it's reputation.

AlStrong

Crimson Skies
MechAssault 1/2
Ninja Gaiden Black & 2
Otogi 1/2

But only if they updated the art assets + locked 60fps...

----

I've always felt that the Halo: Reach mission in space was an homage of sorts to Crimson Skies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Breakdown and Ninja Gaiden Black still need PC ports.

After that, I can dumb my X-box as the majority of the games I own on it are already on PC.

The only one I'd really miss is Pandra Tomorrow, and Ubisoft has no interest in patching it and putting it on Steam/Uplay. :/

Stubbs the Zombie

51XGRMGBNML.jpg

mindsale

Panzer Dragoon Orta holds up insanely well. That whole series has some of the most unique, creepy music and visuals I've ever experienced.

takoyaki

since Otogi 2 has already been mentioned, I'll go with Magatama:

This Microsoft developed and published late-gen game never left Japan, but it's a solid take on Onimusha with more button-mashing.
They could easily put in English subtitles and be done with it.

I would gladly buy a port of Steel Battalion with exhaustive controller binding options.

Nah. It had goofy gun aiming and occasionally the level design would drag a little but it was ultimately pretty good.

Oh the memories. Such awesome idea but the graphics couldn't handle it at the time. Imagine now.

Top Bottom