• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Voodoo Vince and Phantom Dust...

Tain

since Otogi 2 has already been mentioned, I’ll go with Magatama:

This Microsoft developed and published late-gen game never left Japan, but it’s a solid take on Onimusha with more button-mashing.
They could easily put in English subtitles and be done with it.

How have I never heard of this? Looks cool.

NEO0MJ

Probably Panzer dragoon Orta. Hope Vince's low sales don't discourage them.

Stubbs the Zombie

51XGRMGBNML.jpg

What's sad here is that not only was this game on PC it was also on Steam. No idea why it was pulled.

They have loads of titles I would love to play again or see a remaster for, these are just the MS published ones.

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Blood Wake
Fuzion Frenzy
Halo: Combat Evolved
Project Gotham Racing
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
MechAssault
Rallisport Challenge
Shenmue II
Amped 2
Brute Force
Links 2004
Midtown Madness 3
Project Gotham Racing 2
Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space
Fable
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
Rallisport Challenge 2
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Jade Empire
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes

Zeta Oni

Anyone else remember Crimson Sea? I remember it being an ok shooter. Not sure. 😁

Yup, its another obscure gem that I had a lot of fun with, game was ridiculously hard from what I remember though.

Also has GunValkyrie been mentioned yet?

Crimson skies of course. I loved that damn game. Current gen visuals and tech, allow us to customize our fighter planes with weapons and such. Makes me sad just thinking about it.

Ikon

Rallisport Challenge 1/2 are still the best traditional racing games I've ever played. So those.

I even bought a 360 after hearing word of a third entry for it. Turns out those were only rumors, but I'm still hoping it will happen some day.

Hexer06

There's soooo many OG Xbox games I would play again. That's why they need to just do OG Xbox Backwards Compatibility. Out of all the games though, Otogi 1 and 2 are my most wanted. Those games were fucking awesome!

Yeah, Otogi 1 and 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, and Gun Valkyrie would almost obviate the need for the Xbox for me. Throw in Ninja Gaiden Black and Dead or Alive 3 and you're 95% of the way there. Everything else of worth has been released on PC or elsewhere.

thehappeningwhatno.gif

There's PGRs, Crimson Skyies, Rallisport Challenge 2, Top Spin, Crazy Taxi 3 (though I dunno if this made to PC), Buffy, Stubbs the zombie and many others.

Tagyhag

Completely forgot about Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny

556104-919560_20040323_002.jpg

It was the first console Yugi game that played by the actual rules and it never came out on anything else.

Hexer06

Okay, here's a non-lazy answer. I will list every game I want to play from OG Xbox :p.

Azurik: Rise of Perathia (One of my fav games for the Xbox :D)
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Bloodwake
Breakdown (Can't remember if this was good or not, lol)
Capcom VS. SNK 2
Circus Maximus (Might not still hold up but I remember liking this when I played it)
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Crimson Sea
Crimson Skies
Dead or Alive 3
Deathrow
Dino Crisis 3 (A new one could probly be pretty cool)
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Fable
Fuzion Frenzy
Gladius
Gunvalkyrie
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Jet Set Radio Future (Best gaming soundtrack of all time! WE NEED THIS SEGA!)
Legacy of Kain:Defiance (I remember this being pretty cool throwing guys onto spiked walls and stuff)
Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds (fucking awesome game!)
Manhunt (The 2nd one was such a let down)
Matrix: Path of Neo (Probly the best movie game ever)
Mech Assault
NFS: Underground 2
New Legends (This was a hidden gem! Really fun from what I remember)
Nightcaster (I really really loved this game when it came out. Awesome spell system!)
Ninja Gaiden
Otogi (Most wanted!!!)
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantasy Star Online
Prince of Persia games
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Really cool telekinesis system)
Sega Soccer Slam (Didn't know Soccer games could be fun til I played this, lol)
Shenmue 2 (Hoping the 1&2 Remaster Rumors are true!!)
Silent Hill 2 (Pyramid Head. Enough said)
Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix (One of my most played games when it was out. Met a really good friend on there and we still talk to this day. :D)
Splinter Cell
Star Wars: KOTOR
State of Emergency
Sudeki
Tetris Worlds (I spent a lot of time with this since it also had Soundtrack feature, lol)
True Crime (Both of them were good I thought)
Unreal Championship (Played the shit outta Insta-gib mode)
Vexx
Whacked! (Back in the Xbox Live Beta Testing days :D)

Balb

Completely forgot about Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny

[IMGd]https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/556104-919560_20040323_002.jpg[/IMG]

It was the first console Yugi game that played by the actual rules and it never came out on anything else.

Didn't know about that. Probably going to pick this up then. Thanks!

most of these OG Xbox titles you guys mentioned are not even 1st party stuff or published by Microsoft back then.....so i'm not sure how these' dreams' can be fulfilled. Both Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince were MGS published titles.

Probably better if the list contain only Microsoft Games Studio published titles...those at least is legally possible.

REDSLATE

Breakdown, then Steel Battalion. The world needs to know the meaning of "hardcore." Also, Breakdown would make for the perfect VR testbed.

Top Bottom