• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Against all odds, the Wii U is trending on twitter in 2020, on news of Pikmin 3's delisting

LordOfChaos

More people tweeting about the Wii U than ever owned it
EeqdgpaXoAEnZ_y

Some of the best memes

EeqlHMsWsAEF3m8

EerkNm1WoAEjdY5

Ceadeus

Gold Member
My WiiU is still plugged and ready to go. Recently I've quite enjoyed ZombiU, a little buggy and unpolished but good and unic Zombie game.

I'm also on a Devil's Third playthrough. Again, unpolished but I like Itagaki.

At last, I just got my order of Techu Shadow Assassin on the Wii.

The perfect console to come back to as the One and Ps4 getting dry on content.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Tokyo Mirage Fans
Yes, those 3 people.

LordOfChaos

My WiiU is still plugged and ready to go. Recently I've quite enjoyed ZombiU, a little buggy and unpolished but good and unic Zombie game.

I started up BoTW again in quarantine, I had stopped playing after the main campaign. Did the DLCs and some side quests (tarry town is pretty long and good, I didn't realize how much content I missed), and that led me to looking at all the content I hadn't really played on my Wii U again, so I also ended up playing some Captain Toad, Pikmin 3, Fast Racing, and some other randoms (I do own Meme Run and Bigly's Revenge, fite me Nintendo).

I somehow ended up playing more Wii U than PS4 during quarantine all told. Not a knock on the latter, for their lifetimes I still have 10x the hours on the PS4, but I kind of forgot how much content I had long left behind on the Wii U.

That also led me to reinvestigating the technical threads for the Wii U, I'm still not completely satisfied with all the answers we got.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I started up BoTW again in quarantine, I had stopped playing after the main campaign. Did the DLCs and some side quests (tarry town is pretty long and good, I didn't realize how much content I missed), and that led me to looking at all the content I hadn't really played on my Wii U again, so I also ended up playing some Captain Toad, Pikmin 3, Fast Racing, and some other randoms (I do own Meme Run and Bigly's Revenge, fite me Nintendo).

I somehow ended up playing more Wii U than PS4 during quarantine all told. Not a knock on the latter, for their lifetimes I still have 10x the hours on the PS4, but I kind of forgot how much content I had long left behind on the Wii U.

That also led me to reinvestigating the technical threads for the Wii U, I'm still not completely satisfied with all the answers we got.

It has some very good hidden gems and also huge BC and Gamepad features that makes it really fun to dig into during quarantine.

The more powerful console are always good enough but sometimes, lighter and least known games is what you need. Some of those has a sparkle of a brand new idea and ends up feeling more fresh and enjoyable than the generic AAA open world games the industry has been saturated us with.
clOqZwc.jpg

Last edited:
Ah WiiU, the system so terrible Nintendo had to start 8th gen over from scratch half way through.

Still, if they hadn't learnt the lessons from it's utter failure, they'd have not made the excellence that is the Switch, so it all worked out in the end.

I might set mine on fire once the last couple of games for it get the deluxe treatment.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's great that more people can play these games but I see no reason to buy them as I own them on Wii U. TW101 seems like a downgrade in control on the new ports.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The Wii U Virtual Console is probably the best selection of VC games Nintendo has ever had. With the 3DS you have to have the N3DS for the SNES games. The Switch has some great Classics, but I wouldn't go there for their classic library of game(s). You can play Wii, NDS, N64, GBA, and a whole lot more on Wii U. Yet its Pikmin that gets everyone's attention. I owned Pikmin back on GameCube, but I never bought the games after that. I thought Pikmin was pretty good too.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I mean I don’t really get the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this. Wii U was a sales disaster and full price remasters for new consoles have been a thing for decades.

lol every single video game news has to be about identifying yourself as a consumer victim it’s pathetic

if you want to play an 8 year old game on a last gen system and for some reason are unable or unwilling to look at the used market I don’t know what to tell you. try typing in “www.ebay.com” into your address bar

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I mean I don’t really get the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this. Wii U was a sales disaster and full price remasters for new consoles have been a thing for decades.

lol every single video game news has to be about identifying yourself as a consumer victim it’s pathetic

if you want to play an 8 year old game on a last gen system and for some reason are unable or unwilling to look at the used market I don’t know what to tell you. try typing in “www.ebay.com” into your address bar

As has been stated, the full price remaster doesn't seem like the thing causing more of the backlash, it's that they delisted a game already released for a previous platform at the same time. Unless a previous platforms entire download server goes down, that's pretty...Novel.

90% watching movies, 10% playing

Yes I do, it's a Nintendo exclusive.

It's not even a decade old. But if it's The Last of Us Remastered apparently it's ok to charge $60 at launch for it?
Weird how some people just love to hate Nintendo.
You think I just love to hate Nintendo and you think I was ok for Last of Us Remastered to be full price even though it's never been mentioned by me once. You're basing all this on Nintendo charging full price for an old game being bullshit?

You just hate Nintendo! WAAAAH!

Nintendo fanboys, which you clearly are, are the worst. Seriously.

It has some very good hidden gems and also huge BC and Gamepad features that makes it really fun to dig into during quarantine.

The more powerful console are always good enough but sometimes, lighter and least known games is what you need. Some of those has a sparkle of a brand new idea and ends up feeling more fresh and enjoyable than the generic AAA open world games the industry has been saturated us with.
clOqZwc.jpg
Maybe you could try looking for the first print run of Rodea the Sky Soldier for Wii U, which comes with the Wii game.

zombrex

Delisting the game was scummy as hell but thankfully you can buy a disc copy dirt cheap.
If anything hopefully this pushes up the price a little so I can offload my Wii U copy for a reasonable return.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
[/QUOTE]
Maybe you could try looking for the first print run of Rodea the Sky Soldier for Wii U, which comes with the Wii game.

Yes I've heard of it and watched some gameplay a year or two ago. Thanks for the advice. Have you played it? How is it?

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don't know why people is calling Nintendo pricing "anti-consumer"... WTF?! People think "anti-consumer" is a company pricing their enterntainment products as they like? LMAO, this is not food or medicine.

If anything, they will probably think more whether putting a game on $20 again because this is a clear sign of brand devualuation by reducing the price before.

Nintendo is a business, not a charity, they don't have to "justify" their prices, they just put something in the market, if you like it buy it, if you don't, you don't buy it, that's how it has always worked and will work for as long as there's a market to sell things.

kunonabi

Kinda sucks but uh...nobody was rushing out to buy Pikmin 3 on their Wii U a month ago.

Dang man and they only gave you seven fuckin' years to get 'em.

I can and still buy stuff off the ps3 store. It's one thing to announce a deadline due to a service ending like the Wii shop channel and another to lock consumers out of an option to try and force people to buy an overpriced re-release they shat out because they cant be bothered to do any real work.

Says PS4 is dry.
Mentions 3 shitty games before that.
What the fuck is a Wii U
People: Wii U is going to confuse grandmas
Nintendo Fanboys: Nah Perfect name.
Grandmas: Buys kid Apple Watch.
Microsoft: Xbox Series X

Top Bottom