• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan (PC MMO) - Launch Thread

Xabora

btw, forums are in a hizzy at funcom right now because people didn't read that the early access had an end date to signup.

Xabora

iamblades said:
I imagine on the 17th the screenage will be unimaginable.
:lol :lol
Well, I know during Open Beta with the debugger engine running on the client I was able to turn it up to max. :D

So retail has to run smoof.

Wollan

I actually posted about having the early access option when I was about to create my new AOC account earlier today. I waited an hour or so though with registration because I wanted to see if there was a way to mend it with my AO account from 2002. When I found out that wasn't possible I created my new AOC account but they had just taked down the EA option. Paaain. I now have to figure out a way how to get the release client on my pc as the physical game copy is in Norway (while I'm in Australia).

grate

Wollan said:
I actually posted about having the early access option when I was about to create my new AOC account earlier today. I waited an hour or so though with registration because I wanted to see if there was a way to mend it with my AO account from 2002. When I found out that wasn't possible I created my new AOC account but they had just taked down the EA option. Paaain. I now have to figure out a way how to get the release client on my pc as the physical game copy is in Norway (while I'm in Australia).

The EA link is for a torrent program to grab the files, similar to the one you used to get the files for the current closed beta .

I can probably PM you the link if you would like, as I imagine you should be able to login on the EA client with a retail account... assuming that you have someone to read your retail key to you from Norway once its delivered.

Edit: Ikuu posted said link, which is legit.

nataku

I ended up preoredering it anyway at Gamestop, since they still had early access cards. No luck, though... I can't use the code for the early access, but I did get the war mammoth mount. I really hope they change their minds and open up EA again. It's really odd that they would only allow a certain number of people in, especially when they're charing $5 for it and there are so many more people will to give them their money.

I'll join whatever GAF guild gets going... hopefully one gets off the ground this time. We never could get people on one server in WoW. :(

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm interested in this and WaR, but both are PC only. Gogo WoW with its Mac client, I guess.

Wollan

ManaByte said:
Won't do you any good without an account key.
I will have people send me the retail key when the box arrives back home. I'm not interested (work to do) in playing during the EA time.
I also have a pre-order account key (Mammoth unlock) if that's what you're asking.

Dedalus

What the shit, I pre-ordered in April and I didn't get a key! And now the early access has sold out :lol

Well I guess I can hold on a few more days, as long as you bitches keep posting screens and youtube links :D

golem

alot of my friends didnt know you were supposed to get the key when you preorder.. not sure how amazon is distributing it, but you need it to get your preorder bonus

IMG_0356.JPG

grate

golem said:
alot of my friends didnt know you were supposed to get the key when you preorder.. not sure how amazon is distributing it, but you need it to get your preorder bonus
Orders placed prior to the 10th of April, the keys were emailed.

Orders placed after the 10th of April have their keys delivered immediately via your media library on your Amazon account.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
golem said:

IMG_0356.JPG

AoC through bootcamp? :D

grate

Ariexv said:
Wait If I go to Gamestop and put $5 down right now will I get a key to play on the 17th?

Early Access is currently closed, so the option is no longer available.

However, the pre-order items associated with the key will still be available to you with the official launch.

Wollan

rhfb said:
There a demo coming any time soon? I didn't get into the beta and want to try it out.
Most likely not. They probably want to get all this launch hysteria past them and then some before they start offering 10-day trials. My guess, very doubtful this year.

Edit: though there are buddy keys with the game, that may be a solution.

Wollan

godhandiscen said:
So Amazon has the CE for 130? Is it worth it?
For me, hell yes.

Wollan said:
It contains:

* In game items: Ring of Acheron gives the player higher XP points & Drinking Cape gives free drinks in all of Hyboria's taverns
* Leatherette map of Hyboria
* 124 page Art book
* Game on 2 DVD's
* Full colour 72 page manual
* Exclusive DVD with bonus material, trailers, interview and "making of" Exclusive soundtrack CD
* Buddy card (for 5 friends)
* 30 days free play
* Limited Edition Packaging

AOCCcover.jpg

Victrix

*beard*
Both the regular and collectors have buddy keys, so there should be plenty to go around after the GAF hype frenzy hive buys a bunch of copies

grate

godhandiscen said:
So Amazon has the CE for 130? Is it worth it?

Amazon themselves has sold out of the Collector's Edition, which they initially had available for $78.99.

Wollan has listed the items available in the CE.

Whether paying the additional money to get these items from the CE is worth it or not, is really up to you. Just as a heads up, the CE currently on there is shipping form HubbaGames, not Amazon.

Chrange

Banned
What's all this nonsense about 'retail client' and 'debugging software' I'm hearing?

It's a Funcom game. Those phrases should be very familiar to anyone who played Anarchy Online through the beta and into launch.

Wollan

Chrange said:
What's all this nonsense about 'retail client' and 'debugging software' I'm hearing?
Sounds like someone is trying to convert their Beta install into Retail install (with folks warning them against due to debugging code being in Beta install). I know people have been doing so with the Open Beta client.

Really. Just install the retail game, no problems.

Xabora

Wollan said:
Sounds like someone is trying to convert their Beta install into Retail install (with folks warning them against due to debugging code being in Beta install). I know people have been doing so with the Open Beta client.

Really. Just install the retail game, no problems.
Uhh thats me.

My beta exe has already been replaced by the retail key with the patcher.
So the debugger has been effectively removed.
(Plus they removed the debugger on the last week of beta.)

Proc

Does anyone know the specifics of the xp ring? I'm thinking about getting the ce for the ring and cape alone.

Wollan

I guess so.
For the people who haven't participated in none of the sorts, it's straight forward. Put the retail disc in, patch, play.

Proc said:
Does anyone know the specifics of the xp ring?
I think it gives you +1% XP boost which will probably have saved you 2.5-5 hours of gameplay when you ding 80. :p

Chris R

Wollan said:
Most likely not. They probably want to get all this launch hysteria past them and then some before they start offering 10-day trials. My guess, very doubtful this year.

Edit: though there are buddy keys with the game, that may be a solution.
Cool I'll be checking this thread for a buddy key then :D looks like it will be good, just can't spend the money on it without trying it first.

Wollan

Rorschach said:
What's the buddy card? Is that a trial for a friend to play or what?
Buddy card is a trial for a friend to play yes. I don't know how many days but 10 is usually the norm (at the end of the trial you get the choice to purchase the game, you will keep your trial char).

PS! There was 100 000 Early access keys available, and as you know they are sold out.
Large number, game is pretty much already a success.

Defcon

Banned
Wollan said:
Buddy card is a trial for a friend to play yes. I don't know how many days but 10 is usually the norm (at the end of the trial you get the choice to purchase the game, you will keep your trial char).

PS! There was 100 000 Early access keys available, and as you know they are sold out.
Large number, game is pretty much already a success.

For a month anyway...

Hixx

Wollan said:

Worldwide or NA? So it's only worth pre-ordering for the Mammoth mount now even if I live in England? Guess it's not too bad, can finish my project before it comes out, if so.

Proc

I can't believe how hyped I've gotten after the passed couple of days. Totally stoked, I have to go pre-order the ce tonight.

tribal24

Banned
Proc said:
I can't believe how hyped I've gotten after the passed couple of days. Totally stoked, I have to go pre-order the ce tonight.

im hyped and i just stepped into this thread not knowing about the game>.>

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Those are pics from the IGN Beta...

That's the bridge view to the port of the... Aquillonian city? I don't really remember.

Too bad you can't just jump off...

Some naked low level fool walking around in a high level party (i think he was level 5 in a level 13 area)

And this is the demonologist personal
whore
pet.

I wonder if these pics are NSFW... oh well..

Those are earlier from the beginning of the Beta.. just showing the rendering differences between High and Low (deal with the quality of the low picture)

View Distance on High:

Same place, slight different camera angle, on Low:

As you can see, rendering distance on low is up to the first hut. On the High settings, you're rendering all the way to the entrance of the area. It's quite a beautiful game.

Concept17

Wollan said:
Pretty awesome ability for spell casters is spell weaving.
You can combine more and more spells into a large 'combo'.
The more you add, the more powerful attack. If you're not careful though it will start to corrupt your body and ultimately death. Pretty impressive stuff.

Spell Weaving Demonstration from Launch event May 13 @ Youtube

Thats pretty awesome. All I need are some good environment shots showing off the scope of the game and I'll be convinced to pick this up.

Just came upon this.... (I missed out on the end of the OB)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG78qwcTBbo

Wollan said:
Pretty awesome ability for spell casters is spell weaving.
You can combine more and more spells into a large 'combo'.
The more you add, the more powerful attack. If you're not careful though it will start to corrupt your body and ultimately death. Pretty impressive stuff.

Spell Weaving Demonstration from Launch event May 13 @ Youtube

Wow, awesome demo right there. I was planning on rolling as a Ranger, but now I'm leaning more towards Tempest of Set.

Top Bottom