• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So they're going with the latter day Lost/24 setup. Hold till after the new year, and just show episodes with no weekly breaks. Being on Friday's would help with avoiding any SOTU week (those are on Tuesdays) and ABC doesn't have college basketball, so no weeks off in March.

Don't forget they can take breaks then just have double episode nights.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's not that long of a wait! We've got Defenders, Spider-Man and a Thor film to tide us over in the meantime.

I'll throw in that there's House of Cards, FFXIV Stormblood, GoT, Star Wars, and terrifying entertainment out of DC almost daily. 2018 will be here before we know it, unless things go terribly wrong.

Elandyll

Banned
I'll throw in that there's House of Cards, FFXIV Stormblood, GoT, Star Wars, and terrifying entertainment out of DC almost daily. 2018 will be here before we know it, unless things go terribly wrong.
dImyJ.gif

You mean 'terrific' I'm sure.

Altazor

if it ends up being 22 episodes again, I hope they repeat the 3-arc structure from this season, with the last arc being a Grand Finale for the series.

Penguin

if it ends up being 22 episodes again, I hope they repeat the 3-arc structure from this season, with the last arc being a Grand Finale for the series.

Would a 3 arc structure work as well when I can't imagine there will be many breaks

Like I mean can do it, but thought part of why it works/worked here was that would be several weeks in-between arcs

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh shit, Agents of SHIELD could cross over with Black Panther, which will hit theaters Feb. 16. I totally forgot. Awesome

Also, if Agents of SHIELD is 22 episodes, why don't they start with that first, talk about those Inhumans in some episodes, then air Inhumans in the midseason?

Also, if Agents of SHIELD is 22 episodes, why don't they start with that first, talk about those Inhumans in some episodes, then air Inhumans in the midseason?

They have the IMAX screening of the first two episodes in September, they probably don't wanna have a gap of several months until it continues on tv.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, Inhumans will be in IMAX theaters on Sept. 1, and three weeks later it'll debut on TV "with exclusive new content" — I presume that would be Sept. 22, and if they air just one episode per night instead of doubling up the first two, the last episode will air Nov. 10. That's a little early to be cutting out from normal programming for the week of Thanksgiving and then switching to holiday programming (Holiday Light Fight and old Charlie Brown cartoons, that sort of thing) but that seems to be what they're doing. I can't imagine they'd debut SHIELD on Nov. 17, have it take a week off (the day after Thanksgiving), then bring it back for a couple more weeks before taking three more weeks off. It makes more sense to just wait until Jan. 5.

Can't wait for the big crossover episode that they force a Wakanda name drop in 2 or 3 times while going about their normal business.

it'll be better this time

you gotta believe

Coulson will send a quinjet out to Wakanda to help the Avengers go wherever they need to go, and the Avengers will thank him in a Skype call

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, Inhumans will be in IMAX theaters on Sept. 1, and three weeks later it'll debut on TV "with exclusive new content" — I presume that would be Sept. 22, and if they air just one episode per night instead of doubling up the first two, the last episode will air Nov. 10. That's a little early to be cutting out from normal programming for the week of Thanksgiving and then switching to holiday programming (Holiday Light Fight and old Charlie Brown cartoons, that sort of thing) but that seems to be what they're doing. I can't imagine they'd debut SHIELD on Nov. 17, have it take a week off (the day after Thanksgiving), then bring it back for a couple more weeks before taking three more weeks off. It makes more sense to just wait until Jan. 5.
Originally it was supposed to be September 1st in IMAX then the 26th on ABC. They're probably moving that back to the 29th but everything else you wrote is probably right.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I liked Bobbi and Hunter, but did anyone want them to have their own show? I always thought they were the most random characters to make a spin off show for. Most Wanted never stood a chance.

I agree, the idea wasn't great. My hope was that if they were to go down the redemption road with Ward, they would spin him off with Most Wanted. With Deathlok as well. That could have been an interesting crew but it doesn't seem like they went there.

I'm surprised they haven't worked the pilot they shot into a random AoS episode.

ZeoVGM

Banned
People really jumped to conclusions based on that Deadline article, eh?

Still 22 episodes, no need to worry. Curious to see if it really does end up moving to Fridays as well but I've been saying for 4 years they AoS should have been paired with Once Upon a Time.

Legitimately surprised they didn't decide to market a "Marvel night" with Inhumans and AoS. Not sure I feel too good about Inhumans given it is going directly to Fridays though.

But if the newer shows fail, I wouldn't be surprised to see AoS back on Tuesdays at 10.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
E News: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Bosses' Season 4 Finale Preview Will Make You Very Thankful There's a Season 5 to Look Forward to

E News said:
With Yo-Yo coming to find him, we're waiting to see how Mack handles that, knowing that he knows the world isn't real, and yet still contains hope. What sort of challenge is he going to face in this finale as he struggles with where he should be?

Whedon: "I think you just stated it pretty well. In the writer's room, we have a lot of daughters among all of us and this storyline hits pretty close to home because I can't imagine a world where I wouldn't choose her over anything. He has to face that and I'll say this—Henry himself has a daughter and what he brings to this storyline in the episodes we've seen and in the episode to come is truly brilliant work. We couldn't be more excited for people to see it and more proud of what he's done with what we've given him.

Oh man, Mack is gonna give the most tear-jerking goodbye that television's seen in a while, isn't he?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Another article on "5 things/hints about tonight's episode

Each point with a paragraph discussing them in loose terms.

They really ratchet up the hyperbole.

That last paragraph. Now I'm really interested in how this finishes.

This year is no exception… in fact, I think we have hit a new high bar. “World’s End” concludes with a twist of events that suits the name perfectly; it’s a shift so profoundly surprising, it all but defies description.

All I’ll say is this: Truly, there are more things in heaven and earth than were dreamt of in my philosophy.

the framework is the real world confirmed!!

Random theories:

- The real world is somehow just another layer of the Framework.
- Everyone on the team except Jemma, Daisy and Yo-Yo are LMDs but with the consciousness of their real selves.
- The Framework is actually another universe and not entirely virtual because... magic and shit.
- Everyone is Darkhold.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Random theories:

- Everyone on the team except Jemma, Daisy and Yo-Yo are LMDs but with the consciousness of their real selves.
- The Framework is actually another universe and not entirely virtual because... magic and shit.
- Everyone is Darkhold.

Yeah I'd be ok with that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Random theories:

- Everyone is Darkhold.

Your 2nd point, I've wondered about. Was always mentioned that the human body could only last so long while plugged into the framework. May was in there a long, long time. But then, she seemingly injected herself with "adrenaline" and it affected her.

I'll throw out that maybe "invasion of the body snatchers" kind of happened while the team was fighting to get out of the Framework. Because inside 10 days, AIDA made dozens of Russians, and before that, they even quickly made dozens of Daisy's (which, btw, still feels like a McGuffin situation. Couldn't just be for the "which one is real" gag). Who's to say the government hasn't been replaced. Talbot's reaction was odd as well, like they definitely have been running into LMD's out there. The SHIELD crew, more or less, has been either in the framework, or flying around the world on the Bus for 10 days (RIP B-Team) Who knows what's happened out there (that still wasn't big enough to get the Avengers attention)

Top Bottom