• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alexander Brandon, the composer of Deus Ex and Unreal, is working with Retro Studios

So it's confirmed now?
/s

But seriously even if they are working on it they'd say the same thing. I don't really know what to believe judging by how these rumors seem so all over the place, but I think at the very least I'm willing to believe a Metroid game will be announced at E3.

Good expectations management from their part, nipping it in the bud before people get inexplicably angry at them for not being involved in something that they were never in the position of being involved in anyway.

Can we take their word for it and go back to lamenting the implications of how the perfectly interesting Alexander Brandon is not David Wise?

I just don't want some of these guys on here to have a source(s) giving them wrong info. So many have said Climax is doing it.

DMONKUMA

Good expectations management from their part, nipping it in the bud before people get inexplicably angry at them for not being involved in something that they were never in the position of being involved in anyway.

Can we take their word for it and go back to lamenting the implications of how the perfectly interesting Alexander Brandon is not David Wise?

I'm pretty sure there can be multiple composers on a project.

I'm late to the party. Where did this rumor that Climax and Retro are both working on a new Metroid each came from?

SMD (who is not trustworthy) is the only one to claim Retro is working on a Metroid. A lot of other insiders including Shocking Alberto, Nate Drake, Liam Robertson, etc. have all said they have heard rumblings about Climax Studios working on a Metroid game, but they say there's a lot of conflicting and shifting information around it, so it's best to take it with a big grain of salt.

I think it apparently started as a rumor that a UK studio was working with Nintendo on a Metroid title, then somehow got narrowed to Climax. All that I think we can say for sure is that there are a lot of hints that a Metroid game of some sort is in the works.

SMD (who is not trustworthy) is the only one to claim Retro is working on a Metroid. A lot of other insiders including Shocking Alberto, Nate Drake, Liam Robertson, etc. have all said they have heard rumblings about Climax Studios working on a Metroid game, but they say there's a lot of conflicting and shifting information around it, so it's best to take it with a big grain of salt.

I think it apparently started as a rumor that a UK studio was working with Nintendo on a Metroid title, then somehow got narrowed to Climax. All that I think we can say for sure is that there are a lot of hints that a Metroid game of some sort is in the works.
Oh goody!
inb4FF2

Aldric

SMD (who is not trustworthy) is the only one to claim Retro is working on a Metroid. A lot of other insiders including Shocking Alberto, Nate Drake, Liam Robertson

Wait they are the sources? Why are they trustworthy again? l was under the impression Robertson in particular was full of shit and the other two got banned recently for talking rubbish.

It's obvious that R
are
is working on a Metroid game.

Wait they are the sources? Why are they trustworthy again? l was under the impression Robertson in particular was full of shit and the other two got banned recently for talking rubbish.

They never talked rubbish, they just had some pieces of information which didn't quite pan out. That doesn't mean they never had legit sources, it never does. They have all proven over time to have legitimate information, and while that doesn't mean we should believe everything they say (like the Climax Metroid rumor) we can at least consider it as possible.

It's hard to be an insider because there are many reasons why something you report might turn out false (bad source, plans changed, some information mixed up in telephone), but that doesn't mean those insiders can't have legit info.

They never talked rubbish, they just had some pieces of information which didn't quite pan out. That doesn't mean they never had legit sources, it never does. They have all proven over time to have legitimate information, and while that doesn't mean we should believe everything they say (like the Climax Metroid rumor) we can at least consider it as possible.

It's hard to be an insider because there are many reasons why something you report might turn out false (bad source, plans changed, some information mixed up in telephone), but that doesn't mean those insiders can't have legit info.

That's true that they probably have good legit insiders info, but it's still a bad look at least. All of them said Climax is doing it. Do they all have the same source or do they each have their own source and somehow they were all given Climax as the dev/assisting in some way.

Anyways I'll leave it alone now lol. We can talk about Alexander and Retro making DKCR3.

Defect

Either way, I'm fully expecting a Metroid to be announced at E3.

Would be great if they pull another Prime and Fusion combo.

It's mostly likely Donkey Kong.

I'd really, really love for it to be.
Mostly because I desperately want a kick ass sequel to Tropical Freeze by Retro, and partially because of the glee I'd get from watching the whiny babies throw tantrums in the "FUCKING Donkey Kong pt 2: Electric Boogaloo" E3 thread.

Top Bottom