• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alexander Brandon, the composer of Deus Ex and Unreal, is working with Retro Studios

I never asked for this.

Seriously though, wasn't expecting an external composer. Makes you wonder what they're working on.

Oh, and better take a screencap of the post, I'm totally expecting it to mysteriously disappear overnight ;)

Here:
I don't believe Retro has ever had a full internal sound design/music composition team.

Eolz

Wow, that's pretty awesome, nice find!
Can't really speculate on anything from that, but his work is pretty varied :p

marmoka

Banned
Finally Nintendogs for Switch by Retro confirmed!!

Now seriously, I will hear the OST of those games later. I'm at the cafe and obviously won't make all people here listen to them.

But if you guys are hyped, then I should be hyped.

entirely depends on the game/dev process. you're already going to far in your head.

He hasn't worked on an FPS in ages :)

His recent work includes Bejeweled 3 and two CRPGs.

Not that a lot of his recent work was sound design/effects.

Oh okay thanks. Didn't know, sorry.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How big is retro? Is it at all possible that they'd be prepping a Metroid game or a new IP and also a new donkey Kong simultaneously?

It's possible that Retro are co-developing something alongside their main project but I doubt they could handle 2 AAA Switch games themselves.

casiopao

I can't wait for the new game which is BBQ simulator.^^ Featuring Cranky Kong and the quest for ultimate BBQ.^^

TheMoon

Sound Design was always handled at Retro; Brandon isn't necessarily a composer in this case.

leave it to us Germans to be the only ones recognizing the high likelihood that he does sound design work and not compositions for a game :)

TheMoon

Guys, slow down with the Metroid hypetrain a little.

Have BBQ, be reasonable.

Audio
Torment: Tides of Numenera (2017) (Audio Director)
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Limited Edition (2017) (Lead Sound Design)
Wasteland 2 (2014) (Sound Design by Funky Rustic)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013) (Additional Sound Design)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (2013) (Additional Music Tracks: Post Credit Bob Page Ending)
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded (2013) (Sound FX)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013) (SFX by)
Dust: An Elysian Tail (2012) (Additional Music (Funky Rustic))
Bejeweled: Classic (2011) (Audio)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011) (Additional Music Tracks: Post Credit Bob Page Ending)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition) (2011) (Additional Music Tracks: Post Credit Bob Page Ending)
Alpha Protocol (2010) (Additional Sound Effects & Foley)
Bejeweled 3 (2010) (Music)
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008) (Audio Director)
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (2007) (Audio Director)
TouchMaster (2007) (Audio Director)
The Ant Bully (2006) (Audio Director)
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (2006) (Audio Director)
Happy Feet (2006) (Audio Director)
Happy Feet (2006) (Audio Director)
MLB Slugfest 2006 (2006) (Dialog Recording )
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (2006) (Voice Talent)
Rampage: Total Destruction (2006) (Audio Engineers)
Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (2006) (Audio Director)
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (2005) (Audio Manager)
L. A. Rush (2005) (Voice Over Talent)
NARC (2005) (Audio Manager)
Thief: Deadly Shadows (2004) (Keepers)
Activision Anthology (2003) (Original Music)
Battlestar Galactica (2003) (In Game MOD Music Composer)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) (Audio Director)

some of his credits after doing Unreal, UT and Deus Ex...

note again: lots of sound design. don't just listen to his old music and go "oh, metroid sci fi music!"

The Giant

Banned
It definitely a new ip. The last rumour about retro was that were working on a new ip. After a successful pitch to Nintendo.

JordanKZ

UT1 has some truly iconic music, this sounds pretty promising! Still, don't get your hopes up, Retro probably aren't working on a new Metroid game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nintendo Land 2.

Miyamoto said not too long ago that Retro could make more than one game so you never know if they have two teams and a smaller team is making a third DKC game.

Anyways I love hearing and seeing stuff like this because it narrows the games down because we know it's not DK now, which will make a lot of people happy lol.

Only 5 weeks left until E3. I can't wait.

Yeah I'm starting to think this is a new IP. RETRO have been bringing in new staff for key positions over the past few years.

Übermatik;235909621 said:
Yeah I'm starting to think this is a new IP. RETRO have been bringing in new staff for key positions over the past few years.
They thought people from Naughty Dog too I believe.

Kouriozan

Übermatik;235909621 said:

I also remember all the new open world dev they hired for their 2014 game.
It was totally going to be an open world FPS.

MrT-Tar

Great news, as I've always loved the original UT's ost. I'm really hyped to see what Retro have been working on these past few years.

Top Bottom