• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Covenant - The Prologue footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

fushi

I saw Alien as part of LV426 day at the cinema and they said that they will show "a couple of clips" from the upcoming movie after the screening. Me, wanting not to be too spoiled by random out of context clips, decided to leave the cinema... and now reading this I am seeing that these clips were actually part of prologue? Deleted scenes?

This is some seriously confusing marketing here.

The fuck at Alien to Aliens timeframe? I thought it took place after Alien? How the hell isn't Ripley old?

chappelle.gif

I saw Alien as part of LV246 day at the cinema and they said that they will show "a couple of clips" from the upcoming movie after the screening. Me, wanting not to be too spoiled by random out of context clips, decided to leave the cinema... and now reading this I am seeing that these clips were actually part of prologue? Deleted scenes?

This is some seriously confusing marketing here.

First clip was the one uploaded yesterday. Other two should be in the movie:

C2: Covenant landing party arrives on planet, upper atmosphere seems to be a perpetual storm

C3: Neomorph birthing scene shown at the beginning of the first trailer

Alien takes place in 2122.

Prometheus 2093------>Alien Covenant (unknown date)------>Alien 2122------->Aliens 2179------>Alien 3 a couple weeks later in 2179
2122, yes yes.

They said Covenant is a "decade after Prometheus", so that's where I got the 2103 date from.

effzee

Man I really need to watch the first 3 movies. I am so lost about this world and what any of this means but it looks so so pretty.

Ghazi

I know this isn't the thread for it, but I saw Alien on the big screen for the first time yesterday and for movie from '79, it holds up amazing well.

The clips they showed for Covenant did not inspire confidence in me, though, especially seeing them right after Alien. Will still definitely see it, though.

EGM1966

The simpler the plot, the better. Alien, Aliens and even Alien 3 were all great as far as story and world building went because they kept it small. The creature was somehow related to a space-faring species we didn't know much about and Weyland-Yutani had only caught a glimpse of it and the executives were way over their heads.

Now we've got some Illuminati-like bullshit going on and writers are going big just because they can. Which is not the intelligent thing to do, and it shows. If you are going to go big, be smart. Make it about exploration and first contact, not about far-fetched, huge, multigenerational, multiplanetary conspirancies starring scientists unfit to do a microbial culture.
That's definitely part one f the issue. It's both getting too complicated and too self referential at the same time.

They should film an ending to this sequence of films where David pulls his face off to reveal Ash underneath who then gloats "it was me all along".

Madchad

That's definitely part one f the issue. It's both getting too complicated and too self referential at the same time.

They should film an ending to this sequence of films where David pulls his face off to reveal Ash underneath who then gloats "it was me all along".

Nah Dave will just get back to the company and they will re assign him to the Nostromo as the replacement Science officer after they download his brain data into a new model android due to his current body being fubar (head ripped off and repaired). BOOM ASH.

Cardon

At this point, I'm fully expecting a Covenant sequel to take place after Alien and have a premise in which a new ship just so happens to stumble across the xeno that Ripley shot out in space. Set up the whole back with a vengeance premise.

Nah Dave will just get back to the company and they will re assign him to the Nostromo as the replacement Science officer after they download his brain data into a new model android due to his current body being fubar (head ripped off and repaired). BOOM ASH.

At this point, I'm fully expecting a Covenant sequel to take place after Alien and have a premise in which a new ship just so happens to stumble across the xeno that Ripley shot out in space. Set up the whole back with a vengeance premise.

I can see either of these coming to pass, honestly. Or both.

Do some Star Wars style CG to make it look like a younger Ian Holm and you're good.

andycapps

Man I really need to watch the first 3 movies. I am so lost about this world and what any of this means but it looks so so pretty.
As much as I love the first two movies, you're better off not getting super invested in the stories outside of those first two.

They work because of how vague they are. When this series starts trying to explain things is when it all falls apart.

also in the beginning we learned that she missed out on her daughter's life. Hence, that extra interesting layer between her relationship with Newt.

Shit. I feel like I need to see the beginning again. All I remember is the scumbag guy trying to influence Ripley into helping them go to that facilities.

Vengal

In this trailer they had him look at the space jockey pilot suit for abit. I feel like they're gearing up for him to be the space jockey from alien. Then the sequels being about him taking over the company and continued experiments on humans. Reading through the wiki and my poor memory they never open up the jockey suit right, and wiki just says that the site from aliens studied the remains.

If David ends up as the derelict pilot from Alien then how to explain the chest burster exit wound? Does he transform himself into an organic being who then gets face hugged?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If David ends up as the derelict pilot from Alien then how to explain the chest burster exit wound? Does he transform himself into an organic being who then gets face hugged?
Sounds like something George Lucas would come up with.
Its most likely going to happen.
😐

Madchad

In this trailer they had him look at the space jockey pilot suit for abit. I feel like they're gearing up for him to be the space jockey from alien. Then the sequels being about him taking over the company and continued experiments on humans. Reading through the wiki and my poor memory they never open up the jockey suit right, and wiki just says that the site from aliens studied the remains.

True they could also spin the whole space jokey scene in Alien where Dalas points out the wound to actually be an exit wound from the back of the suit like Bishop was stabbed. You never see the back of it only the front. Not like an android would shutdown after such a wound was inflicted Ash was still going for it after his head was smacked off after all lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Original Shaw from the prototype script would've never fixed David. She was too smart for that (practically everybody was smarter than their final counterparts)

David killing the Engineers is super funny...He's just a very mean, angry little boy throwing a galactic-wide tantrum.
He's not even a Real Boy™. It's like edge lord Pinocchio who just discovered atlas shrugged and mein kampf.

They still have to resolve that the jockey in Alien is way bigger than a man. So it isn't going to be David or Shaw. At the very least it'll be fun to see how this all shakes out.

They still have to resolve that the jockey in Alien is way bigger than a man. So it isn't going to be David or Shaw.

This is also a thread where people are suggesting Shaw becomes an Alien Queen, so size discrepancies probably aren't that big a deal.

This is an alien organism that grows from less than a foot to 8 feet tall in a couple hours/days, depending. Some sort of bio-technological experimentation might explain some of this.

(if it happens)

This is also a thread where people are suggesting Shaw becomes an Alien Queen, so size discrepancies probably aren't that big a deal.

This is an alien organism that grows from less than a foot to 8 feet tall in a couple hours/days, depending. Some sort of bio-technological experimentation might explain some of this.

(if it happens)

I'll be surprised if Ridley can be that cruel to a character. It doesn't seem like a move he would make.

jett

D-Member
David is just gonna grow himself a new master alien race body.

Ridley Scott watched Age of Ultron one day and thought "Hey, that's neat."

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
2093 AD - Prometheus
2103 AD - Alien Covenant
2124 AD - Alien

And there's supposed to be two films in between Covenant and Alien.

Exactly, I was jesting that the two future films will end up slotting in so that the handover if you will between "Prometheus 4: David's Boogaloo" and Alien would be 3 weeks. :)

Kazuhira

Is that some kind of hit&run attack? Because david will be torn apart if he lands on the planet after turning every living being into a hostile creature.

JimiNutz

Banned
How many of these videos have they released, is this the first or have there been others?

I really need to re-watch Prometheus as I don't really remember it well.

This pisses me off because all it does is tease something we'll never see. I want to see the Engineers in their environment, going about their daily lives, etc.

We go from this to them all dead in a field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom