• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New, All Different Marvel | OT | A New 52+

Status
Not open for further replies.
How accurate is that "6 months" claim? Looking at the website, it says "as soon as 6 months"; is that just for a week's wiggle room, or do some things get significant delays?

I've always liked comic storytelling, but it's a true case of "in for a penny, in for a pound", so I hardly ever start reading something. $70 for a year's worth (plus backlog I assume) might make me bite.

All issues drop six months after publication. There are a few random exceptions, mainly some older gaps in the backlog. Anything recent, you can expect six months later.

Unless you NEED to be current on everything on release, then Marvel Unlimited is the best deal in comics. They run heavy discounts one or twice per year.

Nether!

Really liked Dr.Strange, but I've always been a fan.
This isn't really related but I like the origin where he exists outside Marvel's sliding time-scale and just hasn't aged since the 50s or 60s - not sure when the last time that was referenced in the books though.

jph139

I picked up the two preview issues (Avengers and Point One) and honestly wasn't too enthusiastic about any of the stuff included. Big exceptions were Contest of Champions (which in general looks like some dumb multiversal fun of the best kind) and, surprisingly, Daredevil. I like his new sidekick - interesting premise and art was gorgeous.

This is the first time I'm really planning on picking up comics regularly. So far, my list is...

DEFINITELY
All-New All-Different Avengers (Waid, teen heroes, yes please?)
Ms. Marvel (How can you say no?)
Silver Surfer (Slott and Allred's first run was a favorite of mine.)

MAYBE
Ultimates (Loved Ewing's run on Mighty, and man, that lineup...)
Daredevil (Like I said, premise and art have me considering it.)
Black Panther (This will be a good book. I am 1000% certain of that.)
Spider-Man (Love Bendis's run on Ultimate, his Miles run started strong but faltered a bit. Maybe a fresh start will help.)

INTERESTED
Sam Wilson, Captain America (I like Spencer and Captain Falcon, but... is it a must-have?)
Karnak (Will definitely be good, but I can probably wait for Unlimited with it.)
Red Wolf (Premise is to die for but, ugh, Edmondson...)
Scarlet Witch (Love the character, love the premise, not sold on the writer.)
Starbrand and Nightmask (Weisman is always worth a look, but I don't really care for the characters.)
Power Man and Iron Fist (A cool, 70s-style series is just what I want for the characters. And Luke's new look is just, man, so cool.)

Kalentan

I got Amazing Spider-Man #1 today, also really enjoyed it! Hopefully I will actually keep up with it since I got a job now and a local comic book store near my college.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Spider-Women-1-Yasmine-Putri-Cover-d6708.jpg

Spider-WOMen, coming Spring, basically Spider Men but with you know...

they should have just destroyed spider gwens world and have her live in the 616. this is getting ridiculous

Sandfox

they should have just destroyed spider gwens world and have her live in the 616. this is getting ridiculous

They wouldn't be able to tell stories like the Peter arc of the new Spider-Gwen volume if they just shoved her into the main universe.

ZiZ

Unfortunately, it only puts up issues 6 months after their initial release.
Great if you're interested in the histories of everything, but not if you want to stay current.

do they at least bring everything eventually? how far back do they stretch? I stopped around House of M.

Sandfox

do they at least bring everything eventually? how far back do they stretch? I stopped around House of M.

It follows the same weekly schedule as the physical books, but with a six month delay. Any notable post HoM book you're looking for should be on there.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Been great so far. Probably give everything a chance for a few issues before dropping some.

Busaiku

Here's an Amazing Spider-Man code if you haven't jumped on.
If you get the code, please say so, so others don't waste their time.

Parallax

They wouldn't be able to tell stories like the Peter arc of the new Spider-Gwen volume if they just shoved her into the main universe.

You would think the primary focus would be telling stories from gwens world, and dealing with heroes from that space, instead shes getting cozy with ones from 616.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
My local shop sold out of Doctor Strange before I got in on Wednesday night. I was there around 7PM. I don't think I've ever seen that happen so fast.

Sandfox

You would think the primary focus would be telling stories from gwens world, and dealing with heroes from that space, instead shes getting cozy with ones from 616.
She hasn't even been to the 616 and this crossover takes place in her universe so I wouldn't go far just yet. It does look like Marvel is trying to build up a friendship between the female spiders with ongoings however. I would like to see more heroes in Gwen's universe however, and that secret character they showed off today is probably the first step.

Aceun

My definite picks are:

ANAD Avengers
Ms. Marvel
Thor
Spider-Man (ultimate)
Black Panther

The maybes are:
Totally Awesome Hulk
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Invincible Iron-Man
Doctor Strange
Ultimates

I'm going to give each 2 issues. I still am a bit undecided on Extraordinary X-Men and New Avengers.

mreddie

Locked picks:
Ant-Man
ANAD Avengers
Panther
Deadpool
Iron Man
Sam Cap
Squirrel Girl
Silver Surfer
Carnage
Silk
Howard

Everything else will be a one and done if they don't hook me.

Parallax

She hasn't even been to the 616 and this crossover takes place in her universe so I wouldn't go far just yet. It does look like Marvel is trying to build up a friendship between the female spiders with ongoings however. I would like to see more heroes in Gwen's universe however, and that secret character they showed off today is probably the first step.

You would think they would have built her world up before thrusting her into the multiverse. I know she was liked by fans due to costume, but there ahould have been some consideration of story before all this

Slayven

You would think they would have built her world up before thrusting her into the multiverse. I know she was liked by fans due to costume, but there ahould have been some consideration of story before all this

so far her own identity is the costume, peter's death , and she is in a band

Sandfox

To be fair, her character was created for Spider-Verse and Secret Wars happened five issues into her ongoing.

For no good reason I've been avoiding Slott's Silver Surfer run and I just caught up with it on MU. Why didn't you people tell me it was so good?
You probably did, I'm a terrible listener.

Does someone have some sort of calendar with the release dates of every ANAD issue ?

The official Marvel one isn't great and I don't want to miss any.

Aceun

Does someone have some sort of calendar with the release dates of every ANAD issue ?

The official Marvel one isn't great and I don't want to miss any.

Ask and ye shall receive! I haven't gotten around to December (mainly cuz it's a beast month). Hope this helps!

ANAD%20October%20Releases_zpsf1wv1kjx.png

ANAD%20November%20Releases_zps4qyohe30.png

Aceun

Yeah - the report says it's delayed until further notice, but issue #1 is still being listed everywhere so I kept it in.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's yanked for October since there are no follow up issues in any solicitations for the remainder of the year.

mreddie

Yeah - the report says it's delayed until further notice, but issue #1 is still being listed everywhere so I kept it in.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's yanked for October since there are no follow up issues in any solicitations for the remainder of the year.

Wonder why delayed it to start with?

Luigi87

Why have something unique when you can ride the Amazing One's coattails?

So this.

At least by remaining in her own universe she stays as -the- hero.
Also her universe has neat deviations from 616.
Can't wait for Spider-Gwen relaunch.
... I say this despite never being able to get a copy of volume 1 issue #5 >_<
... maybe my local shop will finally have a reprint this week...

Slayven

I am shocked that her universe and 616 are so far off time wise, they could have had Peter and Gwen be spider people at the same age with the same years of experience.

Luigi87

I am shocked that her universe and 616 are so far off time wise, they could have had Peter and Gwen be spider people at the same age with the same years of experience.

That would have been a good idea, though I suppose they want to try to tell Gwen's story as early as reasonably possible, without going right to the beginning.

... in a perfect world I would have two Spider-Gwen comics... The one with the concept you suggested, and the current story titled something like Spider-Gwen Origins ('cause origins in the title is just expected).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom