• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"All Trump Voters Are Nazi Scum" (But Seriously Though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlauv

Maybe I'm ignorant of Trumps' views; I only kept up with debates and many headlines. However, I thought he wanted to tighten borders, deport illegals with criminal records, was anti-vaxx, pro-life, and wanted to repeal AFA and TPP. Is this incorrect?

If it isn't, don't you think you're simplifying it by saying it's all dogwhistling and hatred, in spite of what his more vocal supporters made headlines with?

If it is, then I'll happily concede to the point.

sk3

Banned
Maybe I'm ignorant of Trumps' views; I only kept up with debates and many headlines. However, I thought he wanted to tighten borders, deport illegals with criminal records, was anti-vaxx, pro-life, and wanted to repeal AFA and TPP. Is this incorrect?

If it isn't, don't you think you're simplifying it by saying it's all dogwhistling and hatred, in spite of what his more vocal supporters made headlines with?

Welcome to american politics! You'll hate your stay here!

Astral Dog

This plus anti enviromentalism. ties with Russia,returns to the coal industry (supposedly) and maybe but not really support of LGBT communitues

npm0925

You're not necessarily a Nazi if you voted for Trump. If you still support him, however, you are a dumbfuck, a traitor, or a pigfucker.

Slayven

Trump has a long history of racism including being sued by the government for housing discrimination, and trying to have 5 innocent children executed, and never apologizing for it.

I have zero respect for anyone who voted for Trump. I hated Bush, but I understood why people would vote for him; he seemed simple, but like he was going to carry out traditional conservative policies. Trump is different. He has seemed vile for decades, never more so than on the campaign trail; he's an openly racist, sexist, greedy, narcissistic sociopath with zero intellectual curiosity. People who voted for him literally chose party over country to the detriment of the world. They may not literally be Nazis but they intentionally voted for a wretched, vile, disgusting piece of human garbage. That's their right. And it's my right to think that every single one of them does not deserve the right to vote ever again. They can't be trusted with that sort of decision. They were given a choice between a shitty candidate and literally the worst of all human traits and they chose the pussy grabber. Fucking morons.

866298.jpg

mAcOdIn

Trump didn't dog whistle regarding borders, he basically led with all Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers and threw in that "some, I assume are good people" shit at the end. The whole thing was about hatred. It's not like the United States was having a civilized discussion over how our generous(lol) social programs couldn't afford handling more immigrants so we unfortunately needed to take a tough stance so we could continue to afford to take care of the people already here, no, it was, they're rapists, they're taking your jobs, they're terrorists, drug dealers, and they need to go. From the get go anyone who crossed the border was a criminal though every once in a while he'd say he was just going to go after the "bad ones," but it was pretty clear from the start that they were all bad by default and who knows what sort of shit you'd have to do to get to be "one of the good ones." The whole thing was tied together with the Muslim ban, they're all likely terrorists and his desired ban on refugees who were also likely terrorists.

About the only group of people he wasn't openly hostile to regarding coming into the country was persecuted Christians from the Middle East.

Don't get me wrong, there's an intelligent debate to be had regarding immigration but Trump never went that high.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Trump has a long history of racism including being sued by the government for housing discrimination, and trying to have 5 innocent children executed, and never apologizing for it.

Don't forget the Muslim registry, or how the fear of "illegals" is largely centered around racism itself.

Also, when campaigning this formerly "very pro-choice" guy said he wanted women punished, but not the men involved, when getting an abortion. That's as hateful and dispicable as any of his well documented racism.

danm999

I mean there was a period there for several weeks where Trump was in a one sided feud with a Federal judge who he kept calling Mexican (but who was from Indiana) and said was biased against him and the judge has done shit except be assigned Trumps fraud case.

If that wasn't enough for someone to realise he's really fucking racist and doesn't respect rule of law I tend to think there's nothing that will convince them.

Then there was that time he went after that Muslim vets family for several weeks...

Slayven

Don't forget the Muslim registry, or how the fear of "illegals" is largely centered around racism itself.

Also, when campaigning this formerly "very pro-choice" guy said he wanted women punished, but not the men involved, when getting an abortion. That's as hateful and dispicable as any of his well documented racism.

I mean there was a period there for several weeks where Trump was in a one sided feud with a Federal judge who he kept calling Mexican (but who was from Indiana) and said was biased against him and the judge has done shit except be assigned Trumps fraud case.

If that wasn't enough for someone to realise he's really fucking racist and doesn't respect rule of law I tend to think there's nothing that will convince them.

Then there was that time he went after that Muslim vets family for several weeks...

Him being a bigot is not exactly hidden unless you close your eyes

You might not support the racism, but you have to at minimum be okay with it.

What that says about you is up to interpretation. I know what I think about it.

Aselith

Majority of these were widely disseminated headline news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

There are a lot of Trump voters who see stricter immigration as a measure to lower crime and prevent illegal immigrants from taking jobs that a regular American could get if it weren't for wage difference that can be paid. This is based off of lies, statistical manipulation, fear mongering, and some racism, but as a broad idea it's not an inherently racist stance and wanting "fair" immigration policies shouldn't make you a racist.

I think Trump's basis for it is racism and faux populism and his methods for achieving it is so fundamentally wrong an un-American that I can't be clearer how much I disagree, but we NEED to be reasonable and try to understand the other side.

Regulations in general make it really difficult for businesses, especially small ones. Cutting regulations makes it easier, and theoretically creates job growth. Similarly, environmental regulations cut into the profits and productivity of businesses which not only hurts the job markets but also makes some things more expensive. A Trump voter supporting cutting regulations, including environmental ones, is about them wanting to improve the economy.

Obviously man made climate change is real and America should be focusing on being the leader in renewable resource research, development, and technology. Obviously if there aren't reasonable regulations on giant corporations they will absolutely abuse the system. But a Trump voter isn't seeing climate change as a serious threat right now and they aren't worried about CEO's making even more money, they just want more jobs and a stronger economy.

Again, I disagree, but it's not like Trump voters doesn't have a reason behind their beliefs.

Trump voters don't want to support abortion and they don't want a healthcare system that you are forced to buy into that is potentially in a death spiral. They believe abortion is murder and they want health care options, especially more affordable ones.

I'm strongly Pro-Choice and I think TrumpCare 1.0 and 2.0 are abhorrent and would make things worse for most people, but I understand that Trump supporters just choose to believe their party when the GOP says they will stop funding planned parenthood and give them a healthcare system that gives them affordable options.

Honestly, it's not even that difficult to understand how a Trump voter could support the basic platforms that Trump/GOP offer without immediately jumping to they hate everybody that isn't a white male Republican.

Racism plays a part. Misogyny plays a part. Xenophobia plays a part. But so to does ignorance of how it would hurt other people. So to does just not being smart enough to realize when a politician or Fox News is bullshitting you.

I think calling every Trump voter a Nazi, or racist is wrong. Whether it's projecting, whether it's morality shaming, whether it's just lashing out at how fucked our country is while Trump and co. is in power, it doesn't make it fair and as I said earlier it certainly doesn't make things better.

Calling every Trump voter a Nazi means that the 20% fringe of people who voted for him reluctantly or without fully understanding what they were voting for are more likely to vote against Democrats out of frustration. It will make Republicans even more aggressively partisan.

In my opinion, it does nothing positive. All it does is make you feel better. Focus on the people in power and why what they are doing or want to do is wrong.

RinsFury

You are bad person if you voted for Trump, plain and simple. Everyone that cast their vote for that motherfucker knew who he was and what he stood for long before they checked that box. And if you still support him after all he has done then you are either a nazi or you are a nazi supporter. I've cut ties with friends and family that voted for that piece of shit, fuck associating with anyone that would willingly vote for a fascist white supremacist, they want me dead so they are dead to me.

mAcOdIn

There are a lot of Trump voters who see stricter immigration as a measure to lower crime and prevent illegal immigrants from taking jobs that a regular American could get if it weren't for wage difference that can be paid. This is based off of lies, statistical manipulation, fear mongering, and some racism, but as a broad idea it's not an inherently racist stance and wanting "fair" immigration policies shouldn't make you a racist.

I think Trump's basis for it is racism and faux populism and his methods for achieving it is so fundamentally wrong an un-American that I can't be clearer how much I disagree, but we NEED to be reasonable and try to understand the other side.

Regulations in general make it really difficult for businesses, especially small ones. Cutting regulations makes it easier, and theoretically creates job growth. Similarly, environmental regulations cut into the profits and productivity of businesses which not only hurts the job markets but also makes some things more expensive. A Trump voter supporting cutting regulations, including environmental ones, is about them wanting to improve the economy.

Obviously man made climate change is real and America should be focusing on being the leader in renewable resource research, development, and technology. Obviously if there aren't reasonable regulations on giant corporations they will absolutely abuse the system. But a Trump voter isn't seeing climate change as a serious threat right now and they aren't worried about CEO's making even more money, they just want more jobs and a stronger economy.

Again, I disagree, but it's not like Trump voters doesn't have a reason behind their beliefs.

Trump voters don't want to support abortion and they don't want a healthcare system that you are forced to buy into that is potentially in a death spiral. They believe abortion is murder and they want health care options, especially more affordable ones.

I'm strongly Pro-Choice and I think TrumpCare 1.0 and 2.0 are abhorrent and would make things worse for most people, but I understand that Trump supporters just choose to believe their party when the GOP says they will stop funding planned parenthood and give them a healthcare system that gives them affordable options.

Honestly, it's not even that difficult to understand how a Trump voter could support the basic platforms that Trump/GOP offer without immediately jumping to they hate everybody that isn't a white male Republican.

Racism plays a part. Misogyny plays a part. Xenophobia plays a part. But so to does ignorance of how it would hurt other people. So to does just not being smart enough to realize when a politician or Fox News is bullshitting you.

I think calling every Trump voter a Nazi, or racist is wrong. Whether it's projecting, whether it's morality shaming, whether it's just lashing out at how fucked our country is while Trump and co. is in power, it doesn't make it fair and as I said earlier it certainly doesn't make things better.

Calling every Trump voter a Nazi means that the 20% fringe of people who voted for him reluctantly or without fully understanding what they were voting for are more likely to vote against Democrats out of frustration. It will make Republicans even more aggressively partisan.

In my opinion, it does nothing positive. All it does is make you feel better. Focus on the people in power and why what they are doing or want to do is wrong.
If a person's only exposure to Trump were his rallies I'd almost understand(Still be scary though!) but the vast majority of his voters are going to have voted for him based on things they've seen on the news which almost always called out how factually incorrect most of his claims were. At that point it's no longer ignorance, they were informed he was lying and decided they liked the girl with a bullet necklace's claims better than the facts. They don't get the benefit of being called ignorant anymore.

The only people I'd see actually being ignorant are people who read or watched nothing during that year and then went into the booth and voted R on everything.

I don't think the country can be brought back while we can't have an honest conversation about why people voted for Trump. The desire of so many self-proclaimed liberals to normalize hatred because it's coming from within the house is the biggest roadblock.

Trump voters themselves are much more honest about their motivations and expectations.

Elandyll

Banned

There's also this little thing about Barrack Obama and his birth certificate.
Nothing racist about that, nosiree.

rjinaz

And attempting to get a new judge because he argued a Latino judge wouldn't treat him fairly. I mean never mind that Trump continued to say at his rallies he was doing nothing wrong with Latinos and that the Latinos love him!

If a person's only exposure to Trump were his rallies I'd almost understand(Still be scary though!) but the vast majority of his voters are going to have voted for him based on things they've seen on the news which almost always called out how factually incorrect most of his claims were. At that point it's no longer ignorance, they were informed he was lying and decided they liked the girl with a bullet necklace's claims better than the facts. They don't get the benefit of being called ignorant anymore.

The only people I'd see actually being ignorant are people who read or watched nothing during that year and then went into the booth and voted R on everything.

Isn't Fox News the most watched cable news station? If you watch it, Trump isn't presented as racist, or xenophobic, or any of the other things he most certainly is. Even on CNN Trump surrogates support and defend him the vast majority of the time. And on Fox they essentially are at war with the mainstream media and like Trump try to discredit it as often as they can.

Can you not see how somebody exposed to that wouldn't necessarily buy into the characature of evil that Trump basically is? They may think he's said some
Inappropriate thing, but "normal" people also say shitty things if they are in a bad mood, joking, or what have you. They view him as a "normal" person and the MSM takes things out of context or focus too much on what he says.

I get it. It's incredibly frustrating; but there is a willful ignorance in not understanding how many of them come to see the world through such a distorted lens. I do because I live in Alabama, which is one of the reasons why I'm pushing back on the notion that every single Trump voter is evil.

mAcOdIn

Isn't Fox News the most watched cable news station? If you watch it, Trump isn't presented as racist, or xenophobic, or any of the other things he most certainly is. Even on CNN Trump surrogates support and defend him the vast majority of the time. And on Fox they essentially are at war with the mainstream media and like Trump try to discredit it as often as they can.

Can you not see how somebody exposed to that wouldn't necessarily buy into the characature of evil that Trump basically is? They may think he's said some
Inappropriate thing, but "normal" people also say shitty things if they are in a bad mood, joking, or what have you. They view him as a "normal" person and the MSM takes things out of context or focus too much on what he says.

I get it. It's incredibly frustrating; but there is a willful ignorance in not understanding how many of them come to see the world through such a distorted lens. I do because I live in Alabama, which is one of the reasons why I'm pushing back on the notion that every single Trump voter is evil.
Oh I understand Fox but despite what the host says Fox would generally still cover what was being said about him. Don't get me wrong, Fox news has their slant but every once in a while some brave soul goes into the belly of the beast to get tag-teamed by the conservative talking heads and spout some truth. Like I said, they've been exposed to the facts and decided they liked the passionate replies from bullet necklace girl and Kelly-Ann better. In terms they'd understand they've been exposed to Jesus Christ and denied him. People tuning into Fox News generally started because it reinforced what they already believed which again goes back to me saying these people aren't ignorant, they had multiple sources of information, many were saying things they didn't like, one said the things they did like and they stuck with it. Granted at this point Fox News has been on long enough that there's a generation of young voters that likely never knew anything else so those people I'm fine with calling ignorant.

Like would I say flat-Earthers are ignorant? All the data is out there, they purposely choose not to believe it just so they can continue believing what they do. It's not ignorance anymore it's some kind of choice or maybe even cowardice for some people. I don't know what a flat-Earther'd be scared of if the Earth was wrong but I guess for a conservative it'd mean having to throw an election on moral grounds or admit parts of your belief system are flat wrong or some shit.

Now, I live in Texas, I also don't think every Trump voter is evil, but not because I sympathize with how they came to their decision but because I just don't believe in pure evil to begin with. Almost every person is good to some people, it's rare that someone's just a total evil asshole and the same applies for these people. But I don't believe you can call a person who chooses to step on another for their own gain good.

Now frankly, some of how I feel we should act towards them is spite, they've been treating liberals a lot worse for years, essentially labeling them all pussies, bleeding hearts and what have you, in all that time it's not like we were really reaching any of them by being civil. I think we've allowed them to warp and frame the concept of a "liberal" and the world for long enough. It's time to take everything back and show them the truth. I'm tired of seeing facebook posts from "brave" conservatives with their guns saying they're ready for ISIS to come over here all the while secretly cowering in fear and voting for a man who said he'd ban Muslims from entering the country. Such fucking bullshit, like calling people out while hiding behind your mom. I'm tired of them mocking people who want a safe space in school while at the same time essentially trying to make the entire country a safe space for themselves, can't even take a "happy holidays" without getting butt hurt. Tired of them calling people who acknowledge racism still exists and looking at ways to address it as the real racists. Tired of conservatives claiming we're the greatest nation on Earth that somehow isn't great and needs to be made great again. We need to take courage back from these people. We need to take patriotism back from these people. All of it. And we need to expose their cowardice for what it is, publicly, and often, until we reshape the way liberals and liberalism is viewed in this country again.

PKrockin

This is a big meme that conservatives like to throw out there--judging someone based on the group they choose to join up with is a lot different from judging someone based on what skin color or sexuality they were born with.

You could argue about how much people actually "choose" their political ideology, but by exposing themselves to different sources of information and exercising a little critical thinking, they can in fact change.

jviggy43

You might not support the racism, but you have to at minimum be okay with it.

What that says about you is up to interpretation. I know what I think about it.

Not sure there is a difference between supporting racism and empowering it, the latter of which is absolutely what a vote for Trump was. I'd argue not voting was being ok with it since you didn't actively try to vote against it. But vote for it? Thats a different story.

gfxtwin

As someone who has an entire side of his family who voted for Trump, I can confirm that a lot of the mindset of someone who votes for him is about being out of touch and misguided more than approving of bigotry (to them it was choosing between a man with flawed social skills but proven leadership and success vs. a politician who was corrupt, pretended to care about black people, murdered people, etc). Obviously they were not very informed and I can't value their political opinions anymore (not that I did much to begin with) but keep in mind that they're from a different time and/or a less forward thinking culture.

Obviously, the Trump supporters who voted for him because of his bigotry can be trashed, but I feel like it's important to at least be civil to the misguided ones. If for no other reason than they might be swayed into not voting for him in a second term if they are still allowed a seat at the table of those who are negatively impacted by his policies.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What are some of Trump's legitimate policies worthy of support?

To make clear: I am entirely pro-choice, and have no religious convictions over the matter.

However, if I was very deeply religious, and genuinely believed that abortion was the murder of innocents, and knew that this was happening at a rate of about 900,000 a year while the government stood by and did nothing, then that would clearly be an overriding reason to vote for anyone who promised to prevent it, no matter how awful their other policies were (because there's very little that can outweigh somehow reducing the killing of 900,000 children a year).

Monocle

It's not really possible to vote for Trump without being at least one of the following:

- selfish
- bigoted
- ignorant

I have plenty of nice family members who cheerfully voted to take minorities' rights away and slash spending on vital climate change research, and all the other bullshit Trump has in store. So they are nice, in some circumstances, but they're also horribly misinformed and casually racist.

Holy shit I want her to adopt me.

Eidan

To make clear: I am entirely pro-choice, and have no religious convictions over the matter.

However, if I was very deeply religious, and genuinely believed that abortion was the murder of innocents, and knew that this was happening at a rate of about 900,000 a year while the government stood by and did nothing, then that would clearly be an overriding reason to vote for anyone who promised to prevent it, no matter how awful their other policies were (because there's very little that can outweigh somehow reducing the killing of 900,000 children a year).
Someone being "deeply religious" and supporting a man who openly and repeatedly walked in on underage girls as they got dressed. Being "deeply religious" and supporting a man who bragged about sexual assault. Being "deeply religious" and supporting a brazen adulterer and conman.

Monocle

Someone being "deeply religious" and supporting a man who openly and repeatedly walked in on underage girls as they got dressed. Being "deeply religious" and supporting a man who bragged about sexual assault. Being "deeply religious" and supporting a brazen adulterer and conman.
Who are you to say pussy grabbing isn't part of God's plan?

gfxtwin

Even were I religious I understand it has no place in policy making. Hell, as a moral absolutist I have extremely strong convictions of right and wrong. Stronger than almost any Christian I've met. Yet I don't attempt to enforce those ideals onto a country of diverse people. His voters/supporters don't get a pass because they're religious. Because ultimately it's not religion driving them, but bigotry.

To anyone even remotely religious Trump is an icon of sin. Promiscuous, greedy, narcissist, gluttonous, clearly knows nothing about religion himself, multiple times divorced and re-married, this motherfucker is as sinful as it can possibly get. The religious voting bloc backing their horse on this guy makes is absolutely clear that it was never about policy that supported their religious views.

Many of those religious Trump supporters would say "I don't approve of his social behavior at all, but at least he's not a criminal who murdered innocent people like Hilary was" etc. During the election it was choosing a lesser evil in their eyes. While they made an immoral choice in voting for Trump, it can be useful to keep in mind that their motives were a bit more nuanced than it seems in order to prevent arguing semantics and straw men with them all day.

Even were I religious I understand it has no place in policy making. Hell, as a moral absolutist I have extremely strong convictions of right and wrong. Stronger than almost any Christian I've met. Yet I don't attempt to enforce those ideals onto a country of diverse people. His voters/supporters don't get a pass because they're religious. Because ultimately it's not religion driving them, but bigotry.

To anyone even remotely religious Trump is an icon of sin. Promiscuous, greedy, narcissist, gluttonous, clearly knows nothing about religion himself, multiple times divorced and re-married, this motherfucker is as sinful as it can possibly get. The religious voting bloc backing their horse on this guy makes is absolutely clear that it was never about policy that supported their religious views.

To anyone even remotely religious Trump is an icon of sin. Promiscuous, greedy, narcissist, clearly knows nothing about religion himself, multiple times divorced and re-married, this motherfucker is as sinful as it can possibly get. The religious voting bloc backing their horse on this guy makes is absolutely clear that it was never about policy that supported their religious views.

It's almost as if religious people often cherrypick and indulge in hypocrisy

gfxtwin

Trump voters absolutely deserve criticism for this. They supported a candidate who constantly did and said racist shit all the way up to election day. This isn't AS DIRECT a form of oppression as other things one can do, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth addressing.

Fortunately the growing socialist movement doesn't need Trump voters.

This is exactly the kind of stupid shit that's going to result in him being re-elected. Socialists are a political minority and half of the country voted Trump. We ABSOLUTELY need more Trump supporters to vote blue, independent, or be no-shows. If no effort is made to reach out to the ones we know who were at least on the fence before reluctantly voting for him, this country will be fucked for another four years at least. You don't even need to like or respect any trump supporters - shame them, try to have a heart to heart, persuade them, pander to them, whatever works. But trashing ALL of them (keep in mind that many voted for Obama) and fucking them off will only make them take it out on you at the polls. It's possible there might even be MORE of a turnout for him than last time. Don't know about you, but I'm going to do what I can to prevent that from happening.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Right, which is my point: all of these things are ignorable if it might lead to a few thousand more innocent children being saved. We don't get to pick a candidate that agrees with every single one of our policies and desired characteristics. We have to take them on balance. And on balance, a man who brags about sexual assaults but might save a few thousand more lives a year is probably less bad than someone who would not.

Right, which is my point: all of these things are ignorable if it might lead to a few thousand more innocent children being saved. We don't get to pick a candidate that agrees with every single one of our policies and desired characteristics. We have to take them on balance. And on balance, a man who brags about sexual assaults but might save a few thousand more lives a year is probably less bad than someone who would not.

Isn't there actual passages in their text that warns against members allowing themselves to be duped by someone who promises to stop one evil while perpetrating others? Antichrist I believe they called it.

Polari

As is the norm these days, rather than meaningful discussion we end up with a shitload of hyperbole and hand-wringing. *sigh*

digdug2k

But if social media was to be believed, I should be posting a video where I denounce her as a piece of shit Nazi who should burn in hell like the scum she was. I'm seeing a constant generalization of Trump voters and supporters that pit them as pure evil and beyond redemption.
If my social media feed was to be believed this week, Bill Nye is the devil for calling himself a Scientist. Social media really isn't worth shit. Scroll past everything but the baby pictures, food pictures, and kitty pictures.

Polari

Well if the Democratic voter voted for someone that campaigned on the murder of Afghan children and made that a very big focal point of their campaign, then your comparison would make some sense.
Sadly, it doesn't.

There's some pretty strong exceptionalism right there.

Let's have it straight. You can go nuts at Trump, but let's not forget Obama and the Democrats are 90% as bad. Obama still sent out drones to murder innocent people ("collateral damage"), and promoted the sort of income inequality that subjugates the people the Democrats claim to champion to a greater extent than any others. Who won the most under his tenure? Rich white men. Don't forget that - the rhetoric might be different but the interests are the same. Is Trump worse? Sure. But don't pretend the Democrats represented a real alternative. After all, Obama is now more than happy to share the spoils of the people he boosted during his tenure, as Hillary did before him.

Spladam

When Trump says "Make America Great Again", this is what is being referred to as "Great America":

I had to respond to this...

As crazy and unqualified as the dude is, he was not alluding to lynching people with "Make America Great Again", he was alluding to the middle classes memories of the time of well paying manufacturing jobs, the time of pensions and comfortable retirements. A time when you could send your kids to college and retire off the salary you made at a car manufacturing plant, or doing skilled labor jobs not in the oil field. This used to be a thing, and despite what Trump or the dreamy eyed white middle class thinks, will never be a thing again.

This is exactly the kind of stupid shit that's going to result in him being re-elected. Socialists are a political minority and half of the country voted Trump. We ABSOLUTELY need more Trump supporters to vote blue, independent, or be no-shows. If no effort is made to reach out to the ones we know who were at least on the fence before reluctantly voting for him, this country will be fucked for another four years at least. You don't even need to like or respect any trump supporters - shame them, try to have a heart to heart, persuade them, pander to them, whatever works. But trashing ALL of them (keep in mind that many voted for Obama) and fucking them off will only make them take it out on you at the polls. It's possible there might even be MORE of a turnout for him than last time. Don't know about you, but I'm going to do what I can to prevent that from happening.

Worth remembering that Trump lost the popular vote.

And I wonder how many kids these people adopted. They have no moral leg to stand on in my opinion. It's like Catholics who give pedophile priests a pass because the alternative in their view is permissive morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom