• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I a filthy casual if I find all the Lord of the Rings films mind numbingly boring?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yes I do. But I’m talking about being able to recognize something as good or bad, even if it’s not something you personally enjoy.

No you didn't. You assumed he has a short attention span and poor taste and should despite those insults enjoy 9 hours cuz it's a technical marvel.

You could at least apologize and say your a fanboy that got triggered. Happens to the best of us.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
If fantasy isn't his jam then is it not quite normal to have less patience and attention?

Taste is subjective. You know this. I hope.

And maybe, just maybe not everyone wants to watch 9 hours for the sole reason of how expertly crafted they are.

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

Underrated post.

It's ok if you don't like thing. Just move on.
I love the LOTR Trilogy. Last time I watched all 3 movies, extended edition on a weekend. That's like 12 hours. I was smiling all the way. I love these movies.

Madflavor

No you didn't. You assumed he has a short attention span and poor taste and should despite those insults enjoy 9 hours cuz it's a technical marvel.

You could at least apologize and say your a fanboy that got triggered. Happens to the best of us.

From 01/14/22
Yes I can read English (mostly) and gave you a good argument why one should not bother anyways.

Are you aware that you've replied twice to the same post?

Madflavor

Very much! 😁

My second reply was much better bae

Did you realize you didn't address my points at all.

Ahh to be 14 again..

Ok you're really telling on yourself that I've been living rent free in your head for the past several days, which is the opposite of looking cool which I know you're desperately trying to do. Replying to the same post a few days later to respark an argument, I don't think I've even seen that. Ever. Even going back to the early 2000s GameFaqs days. The implication that you're well into adulthood makes it even worse. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe you're off your medication, but I'm moving on from this and adding you to my ignore list. Later dude.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I didn't read your post just came about the last one and decided to react. Say hi to you mom. Kthxbye

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
"Rent free" check

"Desperately looking cool" check

"Off my meds" check

Ignoring your toddler insults and projection? Check.

I'm moving on from this and adding you to my ignore list. Later dude.

Likewise simpleton.

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
They're gorgeous films, and excellently made.

That being said, I find they're quite boring if you're not a Tolkien/book fan. Saw them all, then watched the 'extended' versions because I felt like I must be crazy and missing something. I wasn't. They're just not very compelling to me.

I feel similarly about the books, though. I couldnt make it through the first book, honestly. Got about 2/3 of the way through and couldn't take it anymore.

Now let me tell you about Dune, the greatest fantasy book, and the best movie adaptation of a book ever made...

Jsisto

They're gorgeous films, and excellently made.

That being said, I find they're quite boring if you're not a Tolkien/book fan. Saw them all, then watched the 'extended' versions because I felt like I must be crazy and missing something. I wasn't. They're just not very compelling to me.

I feel similarly about the books, though. I couldnt make it through the first book, honestly. Got about 2/3 of the way through and couldn't take it anymore.

Now let me tell you about Dune, the greatest fantasy book, and the best movie adaptation of a book ever made...
Hear hear! Don’t agree with everything you said about the LotR movies, but Dune is incredible. I’m currently reading God Emperor for the first time. I assume you’re referring to the new Dune movie? Loved the hell out of it. Unlike other movie adaptations though, I feel like Dune 2021 can range from being a confusing bore, to an amazing, faithful book adaptation depending on how familiar you are with the source material, it’s really a movie made for Dune fans as it really doesn’t hold your hand at all. As a Dune fan, it’s one of my favorite films of all time and I can’t wait for the sequel.

Last edited:

Jsisto

Currently rewatching. I can’t imagine considering these films boring unless youre being distracted by your phone/not giving your full attention. Everyone just has different tastes I guess, but I can’t understand not liking these movies if you like fantasy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom