• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: 1 year subs to gaming mags for $5

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
LiK said:
So for anyone else who reported the problem with OXM, did you also get an extension on your subscription?
Yea I did too but it was extended to August '11 which was the original end date(?)

Celsior

Pankaks said:
Yea I did too but it was extended to August '11 which was the original end date(?)
Mine reply was :
If you've not received your first issue by August 17, 2010 please write back to us on the link below:
So, got to wait till Wednesday.

Also did anyone else get the 5 dollar mag credit?

The guys who are having issues with their magazines, how are you contacting them? I don't want to talk to Amazon about it because I don't think they have anything to do with the missed issues here, I just want to talk to the magazines or atleast email them and get my address sorted out.

I just filed a complaint about not receiving my OXM and got this right on the main page:

Order Update: Official Xbox Magazine
Order Alert Due to heavy demand, you may be experiencing a delay in receiving your first issue. If you have not yet received your first issue, you can expect to do so no later than August 24. We apologize for any inconvenience.

mrwilt

Just filed my complaint with Amazon for OXM. I should have received my first issue by August 13th. I've received two of NP and one of OPM.

CougRon

Haven't got my OXM yet, but I received a response saying my subscription has been credited some extra months.

I also ordered Popular Science a couple weeks after I ordered OXM and complained about it not arriving. Yesterday I got the July and August issues in my mailbox.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
mrwilt said:
Just filed my complaint with Amazon for OXM. I should have received my first issue by August 13th. I've received two of NP and one of OPM.

Yeah, I'm going to contact Amazon tomorrow, still no OXM here either.

strideramc

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, I'm going to contact Amazon tomorrow, still no OXM here either.

Same here. I was hoping this thread would pop up soon so I could see where other's were at with their OXM subs.

strideramc

mrwilt said:

Whoa, two NP issues? I have only gotten one NP and one OPM

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
WTF, I just checked my purchase history and now all of the sudden my order for OXM on Amazon is completely removed like it never happened. No email, nothing. I sent them a very strongly worded email to customer support. I advise all of you to check your status as well.

Alienshogun said:
WTF, I just checked my purchase history and now all of the sudden my order for OXM on Amazon is completely removed like it never happened. No email, nothing. I sent them a very strongly worded email to customer support. I advise all of you to check your status as well.

Mine is still there. They say the issue should arrive by 8/24/2010

Cday

Banned
Alienshogun said:

Make sure you're not just viewing orders made in the last 30 days.

i sent an email to amazon and they sent it off to whoever is doing OXM. they extended my subscription with an extra month. should get the next issue..... ONM and OPM sent to me fine :lol.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Got OXM, went through it in like 20 minutes looking at the pretty pictures :lol.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, I got my OXM last night. Not sure why it took that much longer than OPM and NP, but hey, it's here. Reach issue is pretty good, too.

Curufinwe

They have a 2-year (no CD) subscription to PC Gamer for $14.95 until the end of the month.

I like the podcast and quite liked the magazine when I used to subscribe, (and I'm not interested in the CD) so I'm going to sign up again.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I got PC Gamer for a while after EGM died but man PC Gamer is like 90 pages now. Or at least last I read. So sad when compared to the Whitta days.

kagete

Got my October issue of PC Gamer last week... and everything inside it, including the ads, is stale and outdated. I love these guys and used to buy their rags years ago but damn if I didn't feel like I paid for them to send me a PC-centric ad catalog. There are 3 cyberpower full page or 2 page ads in this issue alone.

Instro

Yeah PC Gamer is kind of shitty, wish I had gone with OXM. The pictures are nice though. Oh well maybe next time.

CougRon

Finally got my first OXM issue in and have poured through it. I saw this issue already at the stores so hopefully the next one arrives earlier/soon.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
CougRon said:
Finally got my first OXM issue in and have poured through it. I saw this issue already at the stores so hopefully the next one arrives earlier/soon.

Yeah, I've always enjoyed video game mags for some reason but it seems like you can read through them in like 5 minutes. It's worth $5 for a year of them, though, I just wish I had sub'd for Nintendo Power as well.

Top Bottom