• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: 1 year subs to gaming mags for $5

I only got OPM and OXM but didn't get NP and I should have. Say what you will but nothing beats rolling one up in your back pocket and heading to the shitter.

~Kinggi~

Banned
When this sale first went live, i bought ps, ninty, xbox and pc. I received 2 psm and nintendo, 1 pc gamer, and 0 xbox. What the fuck is up with the xbox subscription?

LiK

got two issues each of NP and PSM so far, but OXM never came, i sent them an email and they said they will extend my sub because of it.

LiK

Jayx77 said:
Just chiming in that I ordered PSM and NP and just received my 2nd issue of each last week.

same, i'm just missing OXM. seems like that's the one that hasnt been shipped out.

hetchi

LiK said:
got two issues each of NP and PSM so far, but OXM never came, i sent them an email and they said they will extend my sub because of it.

I send them an email too. No word from them, yet.

=(

When I check my stuff under my account at Amazon I get this:

First Issue Delivery Estimate:
July 13, 2010 - August 10, 2010

So I have to wait two days before filing a question.

hetchi

OldJadedGamer said:
When I check my stuff under my account at Amazon I get this:

First Issue Delivery Estimate:
July 13, 2010 - August 10, 2010

So I have to wait two days before filing a question.

Pretty much. I was supposed to get my first issue yesterday, which did not come.

I got one issue each of the two magazines I subscribed to (PC Gamer and Nintendo Power) pretty quickly, but then I moved, and though I did change the addresses through Amazon I haven't gotten second issues of either yet... hmm, I wonder when I should complain...

Grecco

One NP (the Dragon Quest cover) no OXM here. Plus i think ill end up getting 11 and not 12 issues of NP which is ridicolous

vazel

Banned
XenoRaven said:
I clicked the link and I am not seeing a Nintendo Power 1-year subscription for $5. Am I stupid?
indifferent.gif

Instro

XenoRaven said:
I clicked the link and I am not seeing a Nintendo Power 1-year subscription for $5. Am I stupid?

Deal ended months ago, check the post dates.

Anyway this is probably relevant to everyone who ordered a magazine sub on Amazon, I got an email the other day with a code for $5 off anything on Amazon for having a magazine subscription with them, so check your emails.

Dipswitch

No OXM here either. I'd forgotten I'd ordered it to be honest. But now that I know I don't have it yet, I burn with incandescent rage!

Not really

~Kinggi~

Banned
Dipswitch said:
No OXM here either. I'd forgotten I'd ordered it to be honest. But now that I know I don't have it yet, I burn with incandescent rage!

Not really
I wonder if they are scamming us. I got like 2 issues of NP, OPM, and 1 of Pc Gamer. No OXM.

Dipswitch

~Kinggi~ said:
I wonder if they are scamming us. I got like 2 issues of NP, OPM, and 1 of Pc Gamer. No OXM.

Eh, probably not. If I ordered it though anyone other than Amazon, I'd be suspicious. Like the others though, my order states that my first issue is due 8/16. I'll contact support next week and see what they have to say.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Still haven't got my OXM but if you look at the order @ Amazon it should tell you when it's expected to arrive. Mine says August 17th (this tues) so I still have hope.

Iksenpets

Banned
No OXM for me. I just went to the customer service section on OXM's website, and they said they had no record of any subscription made under my email address.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Iksenpets said:
No OXM for me. I just went to the customer service section on OXM's website, and they said they had no record of any subscription made under my email address.

I checked with my Address and my order actually shows on there site. Says my first issue is Sept.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Got two OPM...Zero OXM..Should have gotten Nintendo Power *sigh* MS..Not even their mag subs work right :lol

C Jones

Metalic Sand said:
I checked with my Address and my order actually shows on there site. Says my first issue is Sept.
Same here. Check with your street address, not your email address guys. Mine also says Sept. 1st. I still did a complaint through Amazon though, because they claim that I should've gotten my first issue by now, so we'll see.

WOW at the shitty OXM service. I've already gotten TWO issues of Official Playstation Magazine and Nintendo Power (I had an existing sub to NP though).

Plus, I've also received three issues of a health mag (obviously not part of this deal, but still done through Amazon around the same time) and several issues of EW (ditto).

LiK

So for anyone else who reported the problem with OXM, did you also get an extension on your subscription?

Top Bottom