• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: 1 year subs to gaming mags for $5

Minamu

WOW, you guys get subscriptions for 20$ per year? :O I'd even take THAT price over what we pay here as 20$ is easily a THIRD of what gaming mags cost per year... Let me tell you, games aren't the only thing with VAT included apparently :(

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Important Message

* Official Xbox Magazine [with DVD] (1-year) cannot be shipped to the selected address.

God dammit Canada :(

Edit: Bought it for my friend in the states... Sent him an email letting him know the deal was to good to pass up.

If I cannot enjoy it at least someone I know will!

I did Nintendo Power because I have a collection and my subscription was ending soon anyway. thanks.

no idea about the other magazines. it's more an issue of space than money and I don't know if they're worth it.

Instro

madara said:
What if you already have an active sub? NP runs to March 2011 for me. I really dont need double issues and waste half the sub.

If you've bought your previous subscription through Amazon, this isn't a problem. If not I don't think there's any way to tie your current subscription to your Amazon account since you bought it elsewhere.

I would definitely just try to do any magazine subs through Amazon though, since they seem to have deals like this pretty often(they've done $10 1 year subs to NP for example a couple times over the last few months), and they have a pretty nice magazine subscription manager built into the site that makes it really easy to do renewals.

Josh7289

So it's all the Future gaming mags.

Well, I'm now subscribed to all four, and I don't even have any Xbox systems. $5 is so cheap, though, it might be fun to look at.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Hmmm, just reupped my ESPN the Crapazine sub for $5. Gotta get PC Gamer for that price!

Greenies for the OP!

LQX

Might renew my OXM. Its crappy magazine with terrible screenshots of everything but I like flipping through it every month. Is OPM any good?

NIN90 said:
Wow gaming mag subs are 20$ in the US? they are abut 50-60 euro around here.

I have never read one but many seem to think they are of higher quality though. I seen some dudes here boast of paying $100+ for a subscription to ones like EDGE.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would love if they did this deal on a console non-specific magazine, but that might be too much to ask for.

Btw, I'm moving in August. How would I change the mailing address after signing up for this?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Celsior said:
Did OXM and NP.
Is it 5 dollars a year for life or just this year?
Just this year. You could have chosen to get the subscription and also choose auto-renewal, but the renew rate is probably much more.

Oli

I wish they had a magazine that covered everything. Nintendo Power isn't what it used to be, and I don't want to get OXM really.

Oh well. :(

Awesome deal still.

BigMack

Wow! Nice find OP! I stopped subscribing to magazines many, many years ago, as the internet gives me all the gaming information I need. I used to get OXM and the discs would come with demos and such. Since demos are available on XBLM, what do these discs contain now?

Also, is the autorenew thing going to renew at the $5 price point or is that just a one-time offer and when it renews later on, it will be back to normal price? (I use Amazon for pretty much everything except groceries, but have never subscribed to magazines from them, so this is all new to me.)

Nintendo Power might be interesting to get for a year, if not just to see the coverage of the new Zelda. Loved getting NP back in the day and reading every bit of info about OoT before it came out.

Grecco

BigMack said:
Wow! Nice find OP! I stopped subscribing to magazines many, many years ago, as the internet gives me all the gaming information I need. I used to get OXM and the discs would come with demos and such. Since demos are available on XBLM, what do these discs contain now?

Also, is the autorenew thing going to renew at the $5 price point or is that just a one-time offer and when it renews later on, it will be back to normal price? (I use Amazon for pretty much everything except groceries, but have never subscribed to magazines from them, so this is all new to me.)

Nintendo Power might be interesting to get for a year, if not just to see the coverage of the new Zelda. Loved getting NP back in the day and reading every bit of info about OoT before it came out.

OXM disks still have demos (sometime exclusive demos but rarely tbh) and occasionally themes/gamer picks. Which add value

BigMack

Grecco said:
OXM disks still have demos (sometime exclusive demos but rarely tbh) and occasionally themes/gamer picks. Which add value

Ah, cool. I guess I can try them out for $5. Thanks.

Sai-kun

Banned
_dementia said:
i am now a subsciber to OXM, OPM, and NP

-_-

:lol :lol :lol That's hilarious to me for some reason.

"Man, I don't want all these magazines.

But they're so cheap!

But they take up so much space and I don't really like them!!

....*subscribes anyways*"

:lol

jay

Bought the three console specific mags. This reminds me I need to call Future and ask where the fuck my LBP2 Edge is.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
PIcked up OPM and OXM, Thanks OP

Subbed to PC Gamer for Years but that mag has really gone downhill
sad that I can't even bring myself to pay $5 for a renewal

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is PC Gamer a good mag? I just recently got into PC Gaming. Does it cover hardware as well?

Top Bottom