• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday UK / Europe 2012 (w/ Friends?) Thread: Sponsored by Nigel Tufnel

Joni

nb. Amazon don't pay their tax in the process of providing you with these AMAZING deals.

So you lose your right to complain when your local services close due to austerity in shopping there. x

Don't worry, I can move to Luxembourg without problems.

winstano

The Wonderbook bundle can't be any more than £160, play.com have the 12GB with Skylanders for £159.99 at the moment!

Are the best deals gonna be on Friday?

There is usually some standout stuff on the Friday - Modern Warfare 3 was last year - but there is some decent stuff other days too. They will probably keep it that way this year too to keep people checking back daily.

...there is also a lot of crap to wade through everyday too. I don't expect that will change this year either.

FerranMG

Well, first round of shitty deals gone by.

I plan on excitingly follow this, last year I grabbed some sweet things.

See ya to complain about next batch of deals in <10 mins! :p

No idea any of the 8.15 reveals were decent prices, but at least it seems all products they have on have decent stock...

Thumbs up so far... now get to something I want to buy!

Fox1304

No idea any of the 8.15 reveals were decent prices, but at least it seems all products they have on have decent stock...

Thumbs up so far... now get to something I want to buy!

Yep, that's a change. But they're pretty specific deals, and it's still early :)

I have a newly-bought house to fill, so leave me the vacuum cleaners, plates, and all those things :D

Fox1304

about $35 shipped to America

I'm sitting on it in my cart right now debating

Personnally I canceled. It's a good deal on its own, but not that much of a good deal compared to the original price ( -35% ), so I'll probably pick it later when I'll have more cash.

I deposited a shit load of money in my paypal, should arrive wednesday. When are the deals starting? I hope I won't miss out!

Hoping to snatch BLOPS2 at 50%

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Damn some of these things move quick, I was just watching the chopping board thing and it went in about a second.

People really like their funky chopping boards, lol.

Omikaru

Nobody knows. I'm watching it like a hawk, though. I was thinking of getting my cousins a PS3 for Christmas, and they'd really love the Wonderbook stuff.

Carbonox

Went for the Harry Potter boxset. £18 is brilliant I think. Individually, the Blu-Rays are way more and I doubt you will find the boxset for this price in the foreseeable future, or even close to the price.

MedIC86

When you scroll through the upcoming deals, is that what they gonna be or are there more deals coming that are not listed?

blazeuk

Nothing too interesting so far, was hoping for a cheaper price on the Garmin forerunner, but still too much for me. Noticed a sudden pick up in people claiming anything they can at about 9am though, the first hour seemed fairly calm, I had time to check the prices out instead of adding stuff and then looking. I imagine it'll get much worse as the day/week goes on.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I bought the Harry Potter film collection on my phone while travelling to my current freelance gig, I wouldn't recommend using spotty 3G on a train to buy a time limited deal to anyone else though. Hopefully some better games will appear through the week, though Darksiders 2 is tempting if it sells for £15 or lower.

graywolf323

Went for the Harry Potter boxset. £18 is brilliant I think. Individually, the Blu-Rays are way more and I doubt you will find the boxset for this price in the foreseeable future, or even close to the price.

yeah I ended up grabbing it as well in addition to the last two series of The Tudors which I've been meaning to grab from Amazon UK for a while now

all in all it came to about $75 shipped to America

mclem

Lots of stuff's been added since last night, by the looks of things. I don't recall the Lego Brickmaster sets or the Allo Allo boxset from yesterday.

I need to keep an eye open for an AV unit that would both be effective with the Wii U *and* still take all my current connections, too.

Omikaru

Going to keep my eyes on the prices of the SSD and HDTV. I might pick them up if they're cheap enough.

That SSD could be my stand-out buy this week. Would be perfect for my PC, and I can stick my current 90gb SSD into my MacBook.

My eyes are on that PS3 right now, however.

Top Bottom