• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday UK / Europe 2012 (w/ Friends?) Thread: Sponsored by Nigel Tufnel

mclem

hmmm that 2 TB drive coming up, would it work with my Wii U?

See the post from a few days back - 2TB is excessive for WiiU. That said, I'm thinking about getting a new 2TB drive for my PC and retiring my current one for the Wii U, that'd work.

Joni

I had the Wonderbook bundle in my basket, but I deleted it. Not interesting enough (Looking for a cheap back-up and I own Wonderbook). Good to know I'm fast enough though.

PaulLFC

Also got PS3 in my basket then removed it, £170 isn't much of a deal when Gamestation were selling the same thing for £120 a few days ago. Come on Amazon, you can do better.

WWE is alright for £25 I suppose, but you can apparently get it for around £21 at Tesco if you're buying more shopping online - I think you had to spend about £11 on shopping then WWE was £19, plus about 2 quid for delivery.

Omikaru

I had the Wonderbook bundle in my basket, but I deleted it. Not interesting enough (Looking for a cheap back-up and I own Wonderbook). Good to know I'm fast enough though.

Yeah, same here. I've never successfully got a popular lightning deal in my basket before, so I'm pretty pleased I managed, even if it was on an item I didn't want.

If it was £150, it'd have made a nice gift for my cousins from my mother and me, but £170 is pushing it.

The_Monk

Nope, no big shockers.

Ah thanks. I'm just curious to see if I find something decent for gifts or something. But If I manage to get something I don't want but GAFfers do I'll let you guys know so you can have it.

EDIT: Ah, seems I missed that Harry Potter Blu-ray collection. The lady would have loved this pack.

FerranMG

Hey, is anyone having the same issue as me?
If I get an item, and check the basket, the price is the one I see in the lightning deal.
However, as I tried to checkout, the final price is the original one, not the offer from the lightning deal.

mclem

Hey, is anyone having the same issue as me?
If I get an item, and check the basket, the price is the one I see in the lightning deal.
However, as I tried to checkout, the final price is the original one, not the offer from the lightning deal.

You should also see 'credit' to the tune of the lightning deal discount on the final page.

FerranMG

You should also see 'credit' to the tune of the lightning deal discount on the final page.

Oh, thanks, I see it. I panicked for a second, I didn't remember this from last year and I thought maybe ordering from outside the UK made me not eligible for the deal. :$

Holy shit. I was going to buy that 2TB Seagate which went on lightning deal at 11:29 on Amazon. I was there at 11:30 and all 100% were claimed. That went incredibly fast. I was pretty shocked. Oh well.

MedIC86

Motherfucker, I was answering the door just before the deal went live, and missed the SSD.

Really, it's not. £100 for a 256gb SSD is pretty good!

Welcome to Amazon lightning deals.

Well the pound is pretty expensive compared to eur, i can get a samsung 830 256gb for like 10 euro's more (if you exchange the rates gbp-eur)

Dynoro

Well the pound is pretty expensive compared to eur, i can get a samsung 830 256gb for like 10 euro's more (if you exchange the rates gbp-eur)

In the UK £100 for that SSD is pretty hard to beat - competitors are charging about £30-50 more than that deal. I was amazed how fast it went though; I clicked instantly and was still waitlisted.

MedIC86

Is it total random how they do the deals? or do they wait with the 'cool stuff' till later in the week or later on the day?

dc89

I'm gonna wait for Hitman! Anyone care to guess the price, I mean they have it up for pre-order at £32.99.

blazeuk

Is it total random how they do the deals? or do they wait with the 'cool stuff' till later in the week or later on the day?

The supposed 'good' stuff in the previous years was listed with some obscure hint at what it could be. Doesn't look like it's going to be that way this year by the looks of it. They tend to list the few big deals they have towards the end of the week though, everything else will likely be recycled throughout the week since most claimed stuff will hardly sell.

Phinor

Took the Heroes offer. Quite interesting.

It's a good offer but I was hoping they would at least match if not beat their own previous offer from last August (£26.97). The Heroes offer is good but considering how quickly it and especially a lot of other stuff sells out, it simply shows people buy anything at any price as long as it's part of a bigger sales special (Black Friday). Whether the offer is good becomes almost irrelevant when you have to be quick to catch a deal.

Joni

It's a good offer but I was hoping they would at least match if not beat their own previous offer from last August (£26.97). The Heroes offer is good but considering how quickly it and especially a lot of other stuff sells out, it simply shows people buy anything at any price as long as it's part of a bigger sales special (Black Friday). Whether the offer is good becomes almost irrelevant when you have to be quick to catch a deal.

I missed it back then. :)

mclem

There was the Traditional Black Friday Casserole Dish on the schedule last night, but I couldn't find it this morning (even in the expired deals section). Was it removed? If not, anyone know what it went for? Mum wants one.

Edit: Ah, found it!

Top Bottom