• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday UK / Europe 2012 (w/ Friends?) Thread: Sponsored by Nigel Tufnel

mclem

I'm sort-of tempted by the complete Columbo.
Edit: Also, welcome back the complete Bach! Or was it Beethoven last year?

Wes

venison crêpe
Quick question: I'm trying to buy the Feist trilogy of books that are £10. When I add to the basket the amount is shown as £10 but by the time I get through to shipping options/confirm order the price has reverted to £26.

I assume the lightning deal offer should also be offered/displayed on this screen and I shouldn't just bulldoze ahead when it's listing the regular price on the final screens.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Quick question: I'm trying to buy the Feist trilogy of books that are £10. When I add to the basket the amount is shown as £10 but by the time I get through to shipping options/confirm order the price has reverted to £26.

I assume the lightning deal offer should also be offered/displayed on this screen and I shouldn't just bulldoze ahead when it's listing the regular price on the final screens.

It should list full price in checkout, but on the right hand side will have a 'Promotion Applied' deduction.

PaulLFC

I'd pick up Rocksmith for that price but I don't own a guitar, and I have no idea what guitar I'd need to buy to go with it, as it's presumably useless without one.

Chili

Rocksmith works with any standard electric guitar. Needs to have a 1/4" output. I'm going to guess that there will be at least one later on in the week.

Bumhead

Banned
Keeping my eye on that Wii, although I'm not sure why, given that I'm getting a Wii U a week later.

At £50 though I'd get one just for the 2 games and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. Those things are still damn expensive to buy individually. Hope there's not too much of a rush.

Woffls

Oh what the fuck I missed Rocksmith??! I have literally all day to sit around at work buying stuff from Amazon, and the only thing I've so far seen that I'm interested in has gone already :( Hopefully it will be back, if last year is anything to go by.

I've had great success with Amazon Black Friday in the past. Got myself a 40" Bravia one year... though I actually sent it back because there was light bleed on it and I didn't really need another 40" Bravia xD

Really hoping for a cheap Xbox this year, because mine is absolutely screwed and I'm not happy about paying for a 3rd one at retail.

Oh what the fuck I missed Rocksmith??! I have literally all day to sit around at work buying stuff from Amazon, and the only thing I've so far seen that I'm interested in has gone already :( Hopefully it will be back, if last year is anything to go by.

I bought Rocksmith eventough I don't have a guitar but I was always interested to learn, Rocksmith will come in handy. :)

They will put an authorisation on the funds when they start the packing/dispatch process, and then charge your card when it is dispatched.

Good to know. I have enough funds right now.

PaulLFC

It was with Wondebook mind, which is like £70 on its own so the PS3 was kind of £100, lol.
Gamestation sold the same bundle for £120 a few days ago though. It isn't available now but by comparison the Amazon price was poor, especially for a lightning deal.

chunk3rvd

Have a Wii in my basket but not buying at £90. Hoped I was going to grab myself a bargain there as my old Wii has the disc read error problem :/

Zoibie

Nothing for me today. Not even sure what I'm hoping for out of this week but there might be something. I did decide to get uDraw for £5 yesterday, you're welcome THQ.

SKINNER!

Banned
Shit, really wanted to get Rocksmith as I wanted to try it with my bass guitar. It was fun when I tried it at E3 earlier this year. Surely it'll drop in price in the boxing day/January sales right...right!?

mclem

Sweetie time!

Edit: £8 for 8 packs of Love Hearts? Still seems steep, unless they're huge packs.

Edit2: But I'll take £30 for the complete Columbo.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've never quite understood just what the "Brickmaster" series actually *is*. That's certainly a good discount for them, anyway, provided you actually want the component bits.

I think they're lots of loose bits of Lego with some schematics and a couple of figures thrown in. I bought both anyway, my son is in a Ninjago/Lego Star Wars phase right now and English language editions of those books aren't available to me easily.

Also bought new Cat boots as I've been intending to do so for months.

Managed to get myself a Drill and a Detector today.. needed it for my up and coming new home.

Game-wise, I really hope for some nice 3DS game deals.. specifically Professor Layton or Resident Evil.

24% off on a WII? Meh...

EDIT: 100% Claimed, how can it be so fast?
Everyone mashed to add it to basket in case it was £50. But yes it must be understood, claimed and bought are entirely separate things.

100% claimed means if everyone who first added it to the basket bought it, the item would be sold out (its also why nearer the deal expiration you could "join" the waitlist and have the item instantly in your basket). Do they even say if things are sold out now? I seem to remember the Macentyre DVDs yesterday said sold out when you looked at expired deals.

tl;dr. Claimed does not go down in % to save Amazon face that most this stuff is selling badly.

If I'd known this yesterday...well given how uDraw didn't sell out I guess there is hope left. Hopefully uDraw isn't so dreadful that even a £5 tablet would be better (though when I last researched such a thing did not exist...more like about the £10 mark).

Top Bottom