• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday UK / Europe 2012 (w/ Friends?) Thread: Sponsored by Nigel Tufnel

Number45

Can that Seagate drive really not be Mac compatible? Reviews/comments suggest you invalidate the warranty by formatting it for OSX... :s

EDIT: Features page states 10.4.8 or higher. Good enough for me.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I was at the checkout and I ran out of time. I fucking clicked confirm just before time ran out.

Motherfucker.

Benedict

Loot so far:

"Philips TT2040 Rechargeable All-in-One Bodygroom Pro"
"Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer" (not a BF deal)
Philips QT4090/32 Pro Stubble Trimmer with Turbo Vacuum and Additional Stubble Comb
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scales - White

Might try to shave my back for the first time... Good idea or will it turn out like on Seinfeld?

Had the SSD in the basket but deleted it.
Missed the Mp3-players, had them in the basket but forgot about the time so they disappeared.

Goods so far:
Britain from Above Month by Month
Seagate STBV2000200 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 inch External Hard Drive - Black

Bads so far (got but expired due to not wanting):
PS3
Wii
Zumba Fitness thing (I joined the queue last minute 90th place, surprisingly a few hours later I got the add to basket in 2 minute call...and missed it, I was curious to see if there even was a queue as the other two both insta-added i.e. no queue)

I'd been planning a hard drive in the £60 range for a while now. The book was total impulse though.

Holy shit, my claimed Seagate harddrive is already listed as "Dispatching soon".
Mine has done the same. All those temp staff this time of year...or it'll just sit in this state for 3 days.

Friday will be the only great day. I am sure it will have Wii Us, 360s, PS3s, Free Vitas, 3DS' Hitman, WWE, Black Ops II, Max Payne for £2, and much more...

I have nothing to back this up, only false blind hope

Loot so far:

"Philips TT2040 Rechargeable All-in-One Bodygroom Pro"

Gandalf.gif

I'll shave your back, you shave mine.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Friday will be the only great day. I am sure it will have Wii Us, 360s, PS3s, Free Vitas, 3DS' Hitman, WWE, Black Ops II, Max Payne for £2, and much more...

I have nothing to back this up, only false blind hope

And kittens too!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Crucial M4 256GB SSD @9:30AM
Samsung 32GB MicroSDHC @ 9:30AM
PS3 12GB with Book of Spells @ 10:45AM
Resident Evil 6 (PS3/360) @ 3:15PM
Thrustmaster T500 RS Force Wheel (PS3/PC) @ 3:15 PM
Marvel's Avengers: Battle For Earth (Xbox) @ 3:15 PM
Spy Hunter (Vita/3DS)@ 9:00 PM
Hori Officially Licensed FPS Pad 3 (PS3) @ 9:00 PM
Pac-man Connect & Play @ 9:00 PM

Claymores

Banned
Nothing partially interesting tomorrow either, may pick up RE6 if it's dirt cheap but MEH not really bothered if I get it or not.

mclem

I got Trials of Life a few days ago, now I can get Life on Earth to go with it! I'm satisfied.

(Also, Star Wars Scalextrix is a thing?)

Leckan

So how does MS points cards and XBL work if you order it from outside the UK? Also what about the machine? Is it where the machine comes from that matters or where you are when you register? And is there other differences like different power cables and so forth?

I thought Cyber Monday was always the big sale for Amazon instead of Black Friday.

Amazon UK does the big things on Friday - some of the £50 consoles were of a Friday (they had one eariler in the week that year too), and MW3 was Friday last year.

The event only lasts until Sunday, November 25th anyway.

Don't do it. RE6 is one of those games that isn't worth buying at any price, because the simple fact is it isn't worth your time.

Rent it if you must.

My local video game emporium is offering around €25+ trade right now, so I could get my worth out of it in a less than a week, and be up a bit of money unless the arse sudenlly drops out of the trade market

I would be spending at least €5 to rent it (brick and mortar style), so I don't think that is worth it

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That Pac Man Connect & Play is actually in my wishlist since I like collecting plug&play tv games. It's a brand new release though, but I hope the deal price is good.

Just ordered that Crucial M4 256GB SSD for £99! I'm surprised it was added into my basket as I had a very poor place on the waiting list. I needed the SSD for my gaming htpc, and I don't think there is a cheaper one at the moment. The cheapest I could find via tweakers.net pricewatch was +-€160.

Gamestop Ireland teased a few items that will go on sale tomorrow. Here is the quote from their Facebook comment.

We will have the following included in the sale tomorrow and lots lots more....Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle, PS3 500GB, NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 2 3DS, Need For Speed Most Wanted

The full list will be revealed at 8am tomorrow.

Jezbollah

So they have the 37" LG LM620T on offer from 4:45pm this afternoon.

Does the Black Friday offer go by specific size of TVs or models? Because if they black friday the shit out of the 55", I may pull the trigger..

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Number45

Did that Sony camcorder actually go up? Because it's a hell of a lot better than the other deals they have listed there.

mclem

Did that Sony camcorder actually go up? Because it's a hell of a lot better than the other deals they have listed there.

I suspect there were, like, three, and now it can stay there to make people think that awesome things are happening all the time. I certainly never saw a point in time when it was active.

Lum1n3s

A lot of the deals that Best Buy are having for BF are beginning to show up on Amazon! If you have Prime even sweeter.

Top Bottom