• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

Sorry scampers, but I laughed at this. It's probably a good idea to not sell something you don't have in hand, especially if it's a Nintendo collector's item..this happened with FE Fates and I figured it would happen with Zelda at certain retailers

All you need to do is refund, not a big deal.

5mYSBkL.jpg

From Reddit, according to this user they 'lost' a shipment?

Get ready for a bunch to randomly show up on Ebay.

Time to go break some legs boys.

Wow. That is horrifying if true.

watershed

Banned
5mYSBkL.jpg

Terrible if true. What counts as 1 shipment? A couple hundred units? Thousands? That's insane and awful for someone to steal like that.

riotous

Banned
5mYSBkL.jpg

This sounds like BS to me; either the phone support is BS'ing or the person posting it is.

This one lost shipment has dozens of people on one web site having their orders cancelled? Clearly people in different time zones too since people are quoting order times hours apart.

volgihn

I'm livid. I preordered the moment it went up and got my confirmation email hours before some of the people on this thread and mine got cancelled.

Bullza2o

Man what is going on these days with stolen shipments?

I'm so glad I haven't canceled my special edition despite being so close to doing it recently.

Amazon please don't cancel my special edition or my Switch...

Eusis

Wait till switches start getting canceled
I'll deal with that admittedly if they give me some nice store credit to make up for it. Which they fucking better because it's a big ticket item many are anticipating and may have games they can't play if that got canceled without enough advance notification.

Cuburt

5mYSBkL.jpg

Maybe this is similar to the stolen Switch hiphoptherobot got. Stolen out of an Amazon warehouse or out of a truck on the way to their warehouse.

These Nintendo scalpers are ruthless.

I am honestly more surprised that these are getting cancelled instead of the Wii U version since it seems like that Nintendo wants you to play the Switch version.

Cody_D165

Banned
Michigan here. According to my email inbox I ordered at 3:28am EST. As of this moment my order is not canceled.

Just wanted to contribute my data to the discussion. This is all sorts of fucked but I can't say this kind of shit is a huge surprise with Nintendo these days :(

Geedorah

Agreed, but if you use this coupon:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1346410
You can get some cash off an eShop card at least. So, better than nothing.

Doesn't work on giftcards, digital products, games.

It works if you add a physical eshop card to your cart
edit:

Wow - just checked and this is right. Just got 50$ credit, should help with any Switch goodies in the next year.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the incomplete information on my part!

Kolma

Can everyone with canceled and safe shipments post what time they ordered (including timezone)

My email is Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 3:25 AM

Eastern Time, Still have a safe order.

ZeoVGM

Banned
5mYSBkL.jpg

Before this gets quoted a thousand more times: this is more than likely nonsense.

Amazon customer service is not going to tell a random customer that an entire shipment got stolen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Michigan here. According to my email inbox I ordered at 3:28am. As of this moment my order is not canceled.

Just wanted to contribute my data to the discussion. This is all sorts of fucked but I can't say this kind of shit is a huge surprise with Nintendo these days :(
I am also from Michigan & ordered 4 minutes earlier, but it got cancelled.

Jesus, I'm half tempted to ask customer support what the hell their logic is for cancelling certain pre-orders, but not others, especially those who were quicker on nabbing it.

leroidys

Wow, this is awful. A blessing in disguise that I could only preorder the special edition I guess. Fingers crossed that doesn't start getting cancelled.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Only if you have no understanding of logistics and bulk ordering.

If manufacturers run into supply chain issues then the scenario you so glibly dismissed is actually what happens. If you can't get all of your components then it's either fulfill late or don't fulfill at all. Since Nintendo is the master of manufactured product shortages the concept of "don't deliver at all" isn't really so uncommon. Amazon can't ship merchandise they don't have in stock, so what choice do they have?

But until the true reason comes to light it's all speculation.

x3sphere

Michigan here. According to my email inbox I ordered at 3:28am. As of this moment my order is not canceled.

Ordered at 1:28 AM MST here ( Arizona) and mine was cancelled.

ViolentP

Before this gets quoted a thousand more times: this is more than likely nonsense.

Amazon customer service is not going to tell a random customer that an entire shipment got stolen.

Also a hell of a coincidence that the shipment in question had such a large number of GAF orders alone in it.

Funny cause I've heard it happening with them too honestly (or people coming to pick up their pre order and it got sold to some one else).

Honestly, I don't think any vendor is safe (I know some one said Best Buy but I hear it with Best buy a lot too). I mean for what I order Amazon seems most reliable (I'd suspect this is a Nintendo issue). Before this the horror stories I heard about Amazon were just a few random ones that apparently is due to a glitch (people trying to change info on the order like change payment and it glitches and cancels their order and if the special edition is sold out they are then SOL cause amazon's system doesn't just put it back in inventory when it gets cancelled... they seem to save them and sell the cancelled orders en masse. So the system still thinks they are sold out even though by cancelling they freed one order up. But it's a random glitch that not everyone has gotten. I just rechanged the payment method on my Horizon pre order and it's still up).

This happened with Fire Emblem Fates collectors, Fire Emblem awakening, Majoras Mask collectors edition, Majoras Mask 3DS system, small Black Friday 3DS....

....most of the cancellations I see on the web? Amazon + Best Buy.

Anecdotal maybe, however I learn by seeing and seeing this every time - I won't risk it.

I stick with GameStop on this stuff.

5mYSBkL.jpg

Holy shit. That really sucks, if true.

I can't imagine Nintendo would be happy about that. Not sure they'd be very accommodating either.

To be fair he didnt tell him it got stolen, he told him there was a shipment they thought they had, and ended up not having in their warehouse, I know the OP was jumping to the conclusion, but the guy behind the phone probobly didnt think anything of it, its a video game who cares. Hes just calls in calls out all day. Or amazon lost a shipment they had, lol.

Meffer

Holy shit, I'm glad I just got the game itself but I'm so sorry to see this happen to people. Especially for such limited and now rare SKUs. That's just fucking bullshit.

Top Bottom