• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

Placktor

In an amazon chat, they told me their lead also got his cancelled and that Nintendo was "not able to deliver as many as they needed" and that her lead says he thinks they will be getting more but doesn't want to get hopes up.

Namikaze

Wow, some scalpers who sold their pre-orders on eBay for 2-3X the price are gonna be mighty pissed!

Sorry scampers, but I laughed at this. It's probably a good idea to not sell something you don't have in hand, especially if it's a Nintendo collector's item..this happened with FE Fates and I figured it would happen with Zelda at certain retailers

I don't think the problem is Amazon, but Nintendo. Usually retailers will put out x amount of preorders live based on a estimate of how much units they were told they would get. I guess Nintendo was the one who fucked up. Who would know right ?

Kacho

In an amazon chat, they told me their lead also got his cancelled and that Nintendo was "not able to deliver as many as they needed" and that her lead says he thinks they will be getting more but doesn't want to get hopes up.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to get rid of you tbh.

Yeah...I've used the old "I think we're getting more in" excuse at my old job before just to avoid a confrontation. Abandon all hope.

I think people really should continue to follow up and find out what happened. The amount of minutes that people waited to get their copies and then these cancellations, something doesn't sit right with me.

I think you can win this battle with Amazon. And if it was Nintendo somehow, well, I think you might be able to win with them as well eventually.

Cuburt

It's very unlikely that this is Amazon's fault.

It wasn't up long at all and they are blatantly stating in their emails that Nintendo is unable to supply the correct amount of product.

What does it not being up long have to do with Amazon seemingly cancelling orders of people that ordered it within a minute or two over people that didn't order it as quickly?

You'd assume it would be first come, first serve as far as who actually gets the product.

5mYSBkL.jpg

From Reddit, according to this user they 'lost' a shipment?

Get ready for a bunch to randomly show up on Ebay.

Time to go break some legs boys.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My Amazon confirmation e-mail was received at 3:24am EST on 1/13

My cancellation e-mail was received over an hour ago (8:35pm EST)

It's like I was at the front of the line for getting axed. And yes, I'm a longtime Prime member, located in Massachusetts.

SenkiDala

It was up for like an hour at 3 AM. Mine got cancelled despite placing it the moment it went up. It's now being canceled a week prior to the release date and Nintendo has a history with this.

It's very doubtful that this is Amazon's fault.

I've pre-ordered a crap-ton of stuff from Amazon.

I've only ever had trouble with Nintendo products.

Amazon has the most advanced e-commerce software on the planet; they run a good chunk of the internet on their back-ends, have great software all around.

I don't think it's logical to suggest this was an Amazon issue; it sounds like they got shorted on supply they had negotiated.

Why Amazon and not others? Because Nintendo favors retail giants, not online stores.

Well yeah I thought about that too, and it's weird that it mostly happens with Nintendo products. They had problems with Fire Emblem Fates collector's editions too.

I'm just angry at Amazon right now because they sucked so much with me recently, one of the shipping company they use in France is so fucked up and try to steal your order all the times (for exemple they say they delivered my Xbox One S in MY TINY MAIL BOX and that I was lying saying that I didn't receive it... after days and days at the phone, they finally delivered my console that they had "lost" and the box was open, you could see from outside that an Xbox One S was inside so it means the delevery guy just opened the package to watch if it was worth to keep it in case nobody asks for it... I had other problems with those same guys but I won't say about it here since it's not the topic here and I already said too much... :D). I know people will say "but it's not directly Amazon fault", yes it is, people are complaining everywhere in every comments on their websites, about this shitty delivery company, since years, and Amazon did nothing at all.

Anyway, sucks for everybody who get their order cancelled. :/ Just use those 100$ into something else, Bomberman R, a pro controller... :)

Tigress

This is why I always do system/special edition orders with GameStop.

I put principles/economics aside for these types of things - GameStop has yet to do what Amazon + Best Buy, do en mass: cancel orders.

I always preach this, yet many never listen.

They are by FAR the most reliable.

Funny cause I've heard it happening with them too honestly (or people coming to pick up their pre order and it got sold to some one else).

Honestly, I don't think any vendor is safe (I know some one said Best Buy but I hear it with Best buy a lot too). I mean for what I order Amazon seems most reliable (I'd suspect this is a Nintendo issue). Before this the horror stories I heard about Amazon were just a few random ones that apparently is due to a glitch (people trying to change info on the order like change payment and it glitches and cancels their order and if the special edition is sold out they are then SOL cause amazon's system doesn't just put it back in inventory when it gets cancelled... they seem to save them and sell the cancelled orders en masse. So the system still thinks they are sold out even though by cancelling they freed one order up. But it's a random glitch that not everyone has gotten. I just rechanged the payment method on my Horizon pre order and it's still up).

The Lamp

This is a fuck.

I ordered within like three minutes of it being available.

Fucking NoA.

EDIT: I just checked the thread – the first "IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!" post was at 3:23am, and I posted that I got one at 3:24am. Confirmation e-mail from Amazon at 3:24am. And I still wasn't fast enough? Christ.

Looks like it has nothing to do with speed. It's probably random cancellations until they're below a new pre-order limit.

Chindogg

Just called them. They claimed that it sold out before I preordered it (the first day it was available.)

They're going to call me Saturday-Wednesday on updates if they happen to find more stock to reinstate my preorder.

Time of my preorder: Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 3:53 AM

WadeitOut

5mYSBkL.jpg

From Reddit, according to this user they 'lost' a shipment?

Get ready for a bunch to randomly show up on Ebay.

Time to go break some legs boys.

This might explain why some are getting cancelled and others aren't. It might be specific to a region. I'm in Iowa for what that matters.

antonz

Hmm if it were to be related to a stolen shipment. cancellations could be tied to a region. are all the cancellations in the Midwest?

Ouroboros

Wow only $10? That sucks! And so close to launch. I'd contact customer service. That's unacceptable. They should have known their quantities WAY earlier than that.

Exquisik

This would be less weird if Amazon had the listing up too long, but it was lightning fast.

I'm expecting more cancellations for Switch Consoles.
Horizon Special Editions.
Persona 5 Collectors editions

Too late, after this fiasco, I have already cancelled my Horizon Special Editions and Persona 5 Collectors Edition from Amazon and placed a new order with Best Buy.

GameStop cancelled mine the day pre-orders went up. There was apparently a misunderstanding and store pre-orders weren't meant to be taken? Really infuriating.

I would like to officially deny that all of the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition copies I have came from a box labeled NINTENDO that I found on the highway

Top Bottom