• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

FTF

And the rocky Amazon Nintendo relationship continues.

Really sucks for all those whose order is being cancelled.

How big is BOTW? My local Best Buy. Walmart, GameStop and Target are sold out of standards editions. This fucking sucks mannnn. :(

Kolma

no rhyme or reason...

Friend's 3:24 got canceled, my 3:25 is safe for now...

Let us hope we few left brave the night...

Yeah, I'd blame Nintendo before blaming Amazon, they probably got significantly less than expected or agreed upon.

EDIT: Oh the shipment was stolen? WTF?

ctfg23

I never ordered the Master Edition but all the people getting their orders cancelled should get a digital code for free or something.

I got some weird information, check your cancelled orders.

Guy said that his order dissapeared altogether as if he never ordered it at all. Can any who got cancelled confirm?

Cerium

Wait, really?

According to Amazon chat support:

5mYSBkL.jpg

From Reddit, according to this user they 'lost' a shipment?

Get ready for a bunch to randomly show up on Ebay.

Time to go break some legs boys.

This is a fuck.

I ordered within like three minutes of it being available.

Fucking NoA.

EDIT: I just checked the thread – the first "IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!" post was at 3:23am, and I posted that I got one at 3:24am. Confirmation e-mail from Amazon at 3:24am. And I still wasn't fast enough? Christ.

I'd be willing to bet the cost of a preorder that there were more than 25,000 people that did exactly the same thing that you did. So no, you weren't fast enough. Nor was anyone else who got their shit cancelled

Edit: well shit, someone else jacked a shipment. Allegedly.

Crazyorloco

Amazon has a history of messing up preorders on limited edition items.

Edit: the hype is real. These things are getting stolen. Wtf.

Sorry amazon for thinking it was you. This is crazy.

Redd

Feel for you folks but honestly it's a crappy half of a plastic sword. Maybe see if you can get the special edition version.

Kyari

I never ordered the Master Edition but all the people getting their orders cancelled should get a digital code for free or something.

Lol, what? For not having to pay for a game they didn't receive they should get the game digitally for free?

The $10 credit is more than generous.

x3sphere

I got some weird information, check your cancelled orders.

Guy said that his order dissapeared altogether as if he never ordered it at all. Can any who got cancelled confirm?

Mine shows up in cancelled orders but it's not listed by the most recent cancellation - rather the order date.

goldenpp72

Lol, what? For not having to pay for a game they didn't receive they should get the game digitally for free?

The $10 credit is more than generous.

Not at all, people who could have ordered it elsewhere but did not because of Amazon, or people who would have ordered the other SE without the sword, who did not because of Amazon, are now screwed. In fact, you can't even buy it physically from Amazon at all anymore.

This isn't the same as having a random cancellation of a normal item. If Amazon stated 'may fuck you later' I would have ordered from BB or somewhere else as well.

You blame Amazon but what if

Nintendo: You can have 25,000 copies.
Amazon: Takes 25,000 preorders.
Nintendo: JK, you can have 5k.

Isn't that more likely?

By more likely, you mean 99% chance of that being the case, right? Yeah, have no doubts that's how it went down.

How are there not enough copies of a game in 20fucking17??!!

Usually it occurs when a company prints less copies of a game than the amount of copies that are pre-ordered.

But being serious for a moment, look what happened with the Wii U sales. Nintendo is being overly cautious, and although it's irritating, I honestly can't blame them.

No doubt Amazon will receive more stock in the first few weeks after launch.

Customer support is not gonna tell someone they lost a shipment lmfao this is plain incompetence.

Having spent about eight or so years in Customer Service, you'd be surprised at some of the stuff that slips...

That said, a stolen shipment? Of THAT many master editions? I'm not sure if I believe that.

Top Bottom