• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

LiK

Time to get Amazon JP prime....no account linking correct?

no, Prime doesn't link up and i don't believe they'll allow it for overseas anyways.

Yes, you'll need a credit card. Best bet is VIsa or Mastercard. Never been able to get my DIscover to work.

Older DS games are gonna be hit-or-miss on availability. As they are likely to be sold by third party retailers who will NOT ship internationally, you would need a proxy. If anything, Amazon will have a new copy that is way overpriced.

AMEX works as well

So you'll need a CC for this, right?
I want to import Elite Beat Agents JP 1+2, Puyo Tetris (or something like that) and maybe faceplates. Would love to some JP 3DS games but not enough to get a JP 3DS for them.

Yes, you'll need a credit card. Best bet is Visa or Mastercard. Never been able to get my Discover to work.

Older DS games are gonna be hit-or-miss on availability. As they are likely to be sold by third party retailers who will NOT ship internationally, you would need a proxy. If anything, Amazon will have a new copy that is way overpriced.

MrDaravon

This made me realize that they didn't do this before, but of course they didn't because otherwise people largely wouldn't use play-asia and other sites. Now I'm curious why they didn't allow this before, they ship most other stuff internationally right?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I imagine the majority of things people would like to buy from Amazon that are gaming related could already be purchased from Amiami for the same / slightly more / slightly cheaper price. Is there a niche category that makes this a 'game changer'?

jbug617

Banned
Also the shipping is fast. The bluray I ordered left Japan on Tuesday and arrived to me on Thursday (Northeast US) via DHL. Only cost $10.

I imagine the majority of things people would like to buy from Amazon that are gaming related could already be purchased from Amiami for the same / slightly more / slightly cheaper price. Is there a niche category that makes this a 'game changer'?

Eventual price drops on games, the ability to easily cancel on Amazon without Ami2's fickle attitude towards cancellations, probably other things I'm not thinking of yet. Shipping is crazy fast, too.

Risette

A Good Citizen
amiami doesn't restock

tiijj

Hardware and software works but it seems like they will only allow the ones that they have in stock. It doesn't seem to work with pre-orders or orders that are temporarily unavailable. I guess that's why the PS4 doesn't work since it's temp unavailable until Mar 13. The 3DS works though.

kiryogi

Banned
The only downfall is its express shipping only. So you're looking at 2000y regardless.

Also Amiami has retailer preorder bonuses, Amazon does not.

Nibel

Hardware and software works but it seems like they will only allow the ones that they have in stock. It doesn't seem to work with pre-orders or orders that are temporarily unavailable. I guess that's why the PS4 doesn't work since it's temp unavailable until Mar 13. The 3DS works though.

People on Twitter wrote that preorders work as well

StarVigil

image.php

kiryogi

Banned
Eventual price drops on games, the ability to easily cancel on Amazon without Ami2's fickle attitude towards cancellations, probably other things I'm not thinking of yet. Shipping is crazy fast, too.
I don't think that's fair to amiami on the cancelation complaint. You preorder something and don't buy it afterwards? That's extra stock they have to sit on and deal with. Theres a reason why amiami doesn't restock and its very limited.

Nibel

For some reason I tried to pre order the new kirby ones and it wouldn't let me.

Hmm, did you set the language of the website to English to see what the exact error is? Are you using a Amazon.co.jp account?

Maybe Twitter jumped the gun regarding preorders

Kama_1082

Banned
People on Twitter wrote that preorders work as well

Just preordered the JP version of Dark Souls 3 for the Xbox One and it didn't work.

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

PS4 works tho

Nyoro SF

The only downfall is its express shipping only. So you're looking at 2000y regardless.

Also Amiami has retailer preorder bonuses, Amazon does not.

Actually plenty of games have Amazon preorder bonuses.
The recent Valkyria remaster had them, as an example.

(Granted, I don't put too much value on them because preorder bonuses usually up the price massively in exchange for cheap goods)

Sakura

Yes, DHL actually, but there are no cheap options for international shipping. Express only.

I don't know if it is the same with DHL, but my problem with FedEx is they charge me extra at the door 100% of the time. I pay 20 bucks or whatever it is for shipping then when they get to the door they want another 13. Would just prefer EMS, but I don't know why they don't offer it.

Top Bottom