• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

How do foreign games work on Vita? Thinking about getting Digimon World: Next Order.
No region locking so you just pop it in and start it up!

I don't think that's fair to amiami on the cancelation complaint. You preorder something and don't buy it afterwards? That's extra stock they have to sit on and deal with. Theres a reason why amiami doesn't restock and its very limited.

I buy from them monthly. While I've never had a problem with cancellations because when I have had to do them it's been at least a month in advance, they could definitely save their more threatening emails for people who cancel later.
I understand their business practices and I love the store, but for the average person who is just getting into importing Japanese games Amazon is going to be much more familiar and friendly for them, especially if they go whole-hog upon hearing this news and want to order a bunch of stuff then later have regrets on some of it.

Rpgmonkey

Nice.

Amiami has a better deal on Star Ocean 5 so I won't be using this right now, but it's nice to have another option for import stuff.

Kama_1082

Banned
Fucking sold

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Venus (初回特典「ほのかの天使な水着」ダウンロードシリアル同梱)
¥ 6,849
Condition: New

Sold by: Amazon.com Int'l Sales, Inc

image.php

image.php

J-Skee

Ummm.... dammit, I promised myself I was gonna wait until the national release of Dark Souls III. This is too tempting.

I don't know about Prime not applying guys, I've picked up some CDs from Amazon Japan and they shipped within two days.

I did have to make a separate .jp account, but I'm not sure if using my Amazon Visa didn't do a little account linking.

It came so quickly because it's express. I've gotten all my direct Amazon.jp parcels in 2 days.

How's the shipping cost compared to import sites?

It's express only, so not too different from a cheaper option like SAL + a proxy fee.

Would it work with american credit cards or do you need something else?

American cards work.

Eolz

This is awesome yeah, seen that on twitter a bit earlier.
Especially since Amazon JP is paying custom clearances from the start and is more reliable than some services in the west (I'm looking at you parcelforce...).

tiijj

Hmm, did you set the language of the website to English to see what the exact error is? Are you using a Amazon.co.jp account?

Maybe Twitter jumped the gun regarding preorders

I tried other pre-orders as well, etrian 5, star fox, shovel knight, DQ heroes 2, etc... I also tried the regular pre-order and the one with amazon jp special pre order thing.

Zelda TP works even though its release date is Mar 10, well they should be charging them by now. So it might or might not be a pre-order.

It says that it can't be delivered to the address that I'm using due to some certain limit.

"ご指定の住所、店舗にお届けできない商品、またはご指定の配送方法でお届けできない商品が含まれています。配送制限について、詳細はこちらからご確認いただき、お届け先、配送方法を変更してください。"

I tried it on my house address and the flex deliver (PO Box) that I use to get my manga and other books from amazon jp.

edit:

The 3ds hyrule warriors pre-order from game city works, amiibo works too but not the pre-order ones.

gar3

Stranger of Sword City XB1 pre-order wouldn't work with my new Amazon of Japan account or my wife's older original account :-/

Danchi

Shopping with a UK address, it looks like it's limited to stuff that's actually sold by Amazon themselves rather than all of the"fulfilled by Amazon" sellers. This seems to be restricting me to all but the very latest releases (e.g. I could buy the Rockman Legacy Collection, but not the second SEGA Archives collection).

A new challenger has entered the ring! This is like Shin Akuma just busting shit out and ruining your (other import site's) day!

This could be damn good for consumers. Now what do I need to buy that I don't actually need!

Just tried to preorder Phantasy Star Online 2 PS4 and Amazon couldn't ship to my US address. It was even being sold by Amazon. A friend also tried to preorder a 3DS game. I guess not only does Amazon have to sell it but certain preorders are flagged.

Top Bottom