• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
This just need to end. If your a Steam purist then go away. These are deals for gamers and if you don't like something whine about it elsewhere or better yet keep it to yourself. Steam isn't the best thing since slice bread anymore. It is a good program but it shows that they are not the top dog anymore. Deals are deals and if you want to pay a higher price on Steam then by all means do so but don't bring down a good deal since it isn't compatible with your all mighty Steam.

Some people like to have their games library in one place.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sweet, sold! Damn this holiday season has had me add far too much crap to my backlog. Steam and Amazon are killing me.

It's 20 on GMG if you live in the states. I tried that deal but sadly no go for me. Season pass is nice but not really missing much out from what I read. Either way, 20 dollars is a damn good price for a newer game like SR3.

Elginer

This just need to end. If your a Steam purist then go away. These are deals for gamers and if you don't like something whine about it elsewhere or better yet keep it to yourself. Steam isn't the best thing since slice bread anymore. It is a good program but it shows that they are not the top dog anymore. Deals are deals and if you want to pay a higher price on Steam then by all means do so but don't bring down a good deal since it isn't compatible with your all mighty Steam

I wasn't whining but thanks for exaggerating much. I'll buy a PC game for the most part where ever I can find a good deal but I am partial to having all of my games on steam as I find it convenient and am personally trying to have all of my new purchases in one place.

If I have to, I'll buy a game from Amazon or even Origin but for the most part I like having everything on one service. Gesh, thanks for jumping down my damn throat.

CALM YO TITS sir.

This just need to end. If your a Steam purist then go away. These are deals for gamers and if you don't like something whine about it elsewhere or better yet keep it to yourself. Steam isn't the best thing since slice bread anymore. It is a good program but it shows that they are not the top dog anymore. Deals are deals and if you want to pay a higher price on Steam then by all means do so but don't bring down a good deal since it isn't compatible with your all mighty Steam.

Bitching about steam bitching is getting annoying too.

Darryl

Banned
I do have a simple but dumb question, why is it that Amazon can sell Steamworks games for cheaper than Steam does? how is it Amazon can keep the prices lower?

i'm sure steam just gets a flat % of the price the game sold for, i doubt they can control who exactly sells the game

TekDragon

Banned

You mad?

He said nothing that would warrant this kind of reply.

And Steam is still, by far, the top dog. Nothing else comes even close.

zlatko

Banned
Civ 5 GOTY edition for 11 bucks? Fuck. I got boned. I paid 7 something for it but it's the standard non GOTY edition.

:(

joesmokey

If we're making this a general Amazon thread, is it worth biting on Deus Ex for $10 if I missed the Gamersgate sale? Or is it not worth only getting the standard edition?

Nelo Ice

Banned
If we're making this a general Amazon thread, is it worth biting on Deus Ex for $10 if I missed the Gamersgate sale? Or is it not worth only getting the standard edition?

It's worth it for $10, if extras in the augmented are just videos stuff that come in a folder.

larvi

Is there anyway on Amazon to add several titles to your cart before making the purchase? I bought one the other day and it was a direct checkout without going through the cart. I don't want my credit card turned off for lots of small purchases from the same merchant.

Kuroyume

Banned

Why does that upset you? I don't see the why you should be agitated by his post.

People wasn't to know if games support Steamworks. Its a valid question and adds value to the deals.

Zizbuka

Banned

First off, the term 'gamer' is just stupid. I'd never refer to myself as a 'gamer'.

Lots of people like to keep their games organized. I have games from lots of DD services, and got to the point where I couldn't keep track of what I already had. I had to make a spreadsheet on Google Docs to keep track. I've since uninstalled Impulse and Origin, to consolidate. I have 4 purchased games from Amazon DD, but would love to have them in Steam.

And you're wrong, Steam is definitely still the top dog.

Meier

Holy shit, I might buy that Civ 5 GOTY even though I bought it full price at release. :( Definitely will get Tropico at $5!

Let's see if you can help me here. Im at 5.3 GB out of a 7 GB download. Can i turn the PC and resume tomorrow, because amazon is a bit slow now.

I heard the Steam client is pretty good.

stat tracking, easy installing/uninstalling, all installations in one folder, steam cloud (when available)

I'd pay a small premium to get those benefits. There's a reason why people like Steam, it's not a fucking cult.

Revoh

I have a question.
I have 3 $5 discount coupons from these deals. That means I can get these games for free in January, right?

The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Directors Cut $5.00
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition $4.99
Mass Effect 2 $4.99

Nelo Ice

Banned
I have a question.
I have 3 $5 discount coupons from these deals. That means I can get these games for free in January, right?

The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Directors Cut $5.00
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition $4.99
Mass Effect 2 $4.99

Actually if they stay that price then presumably yes you would be getting those free.

Lkr

i sucked at Civ 4 and as a result wasn't a big fan. i just didn't feel like devoting the time into figuring it out. i am so tempted by civ 5 at this price though, dunno what to do :(

VALIS

Steam's dailies have been okay to laughably pathetic. Amazon, GMG and Gamersgate have run circles around them.

Amazon has been beating the pants off steam as far as prices IMHO this holyday season.

Truth.

I'm sure to the surge of ex-consolites who've moved to Steam en masse, anything outside of the click-to-play Steam world seems difficult and scary. But buy a few games on these other services and you'll realize how unfounded these fears are. And if you want all your games in the Steam client, Games -> Add Non-Steam Game, link to installed exe, magic! :O That's what I do, emulators, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom