• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, on your word, I'll be buying Civ 5 GOTY when it goes live. $11 is dirt cheap anyways. I gotta stop buying games, spent $40 on Steam games in the last week alone. :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
2K stuff is up. Prices don't look anything like what's posted in the OP.

Like I said prices usually go live between 12 and 1, They've never updated this quick if ur expecting the prices to show up now...

I will update post when prices go live and I'll ask a mod to up the title to reflect that.

itschris

Just bought Dungeon Defenders, thanks for the heads up!

Think they all are, I just got Dungeon Defenders and it includes DLC 1.

No idea what it is.

I think it's this:

Amazon Exclusive "Dungeon Defenders" Pet
Download "Dungeon Defenders" for PC and receive the Amazon Exclusive pet Nagi, a baby black dragon who heals your towers while also attacking nearby enemies. He also boosts a variety of your Hero statistics. Your product key will activate the game and the exclusive content.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Looks like everything is up except for Civ V, I've also added hyperlinks for each title.

Also for the last time

Dungeon Defenders, Civ V Goty and Mafia 2 activate on steam.

Just bought Dungeon Defenders. How do I redeem on steam?
Bottom left corner of steam click "+Add a Game" then "Activate a Product on steam" and paste ur code.

Tobe

i have 2 $5 off on amazon, my question is do they stack, like i want to buy space marine and its 25 can i use both so i can buy for 15?

edit: MEH its after the xmas sale like steam :(

Whoo! Still can't buy Civ V but hopefully they'll fix that before I konk out.

That strategy pack is working and looks like a great deal but I already have Civ IV GotY on Steam and the first 2 Strongholds on disc, so worthless to me unless those Stronghold games will activate on Steam, and it doesn't look like they do.

Whoo! Still can't buy Civ V but hopefully they'll fix that before I konk out.

That strategy pack is working and looks like a great deal but I already have Civ IV GotY on Steam and the first 2 Strongholds on disc, so worthless to me unless those Stronghold games will activate on Steam, and it doesn't look like they do.

Ugh, I want to buy Civ 5 but they won't let me buy it either.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Update on Civ V
We're having a bit of a hiccup with this product currently but I have purchased the Strategy Pack and can confirm it delivers you this game when you purchase it. I'll update when this title becomes available for sale again.

linko9

Damn, hope civ v comes back up soon.

Edit: to be clear, if you buy the strategy pack, you will be able to redeem Civ 5 on steam, but not Civ 4 or Stronghold?

coopolon

How did people find out about these deals in advance?

Are there gonna be more after these?

There is an Amazon rep who is very active on the CheapAassGamer forums. He even solicits ideas for sales from the CAG community.

Edit: Was thinking about picking up Dungeon Defenders, but looking at all the DLCs on Steam turned me off.

XDDX

If anyone is interested in the Mafia 2 deal, I have a key i can give for the same price that I just bought from Amazon, but Steam doesn't let me activate it as I'm not in the USA. So if you are in the USA and want this deal, I would be really grateful if you helped me out.

Xavien

Anyone have a quick how to on how people from Europe should go about buying these?

Add for download, Create account with your card details, add your address (make sure you put city/town and Provence in the city field), put in 11228 as a zip code and state NY. Your card should work then and voila enjoy cheap games from amazon :)

Also Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $9.99 activates on steam!

Kammie

The Civ V deal still isn't working, but that pack with Civ IV and Stronghold Collection is only 4 dollars more. Stronghold looks fun, so I said what the heck. Plus, everyone says Civ IV is better, so I had nothing to lose.

As mentioned earlier, Civ V still activates fine on Steam despite not being available in the other offer. I'm currently downloading it.

Edit: And to respond to linko9: Correct. Civ IV and Stronghold don't activate through Steam.

Nabs

Damn, doesn't look like the Civ V deal is available for Mac.

The deal isn't live yet and the game is Steamplay.

platform_steamplay.png

Wanace

Difference between Civ IV and Civ V?

Civ 4 is traditional Civ, if you've played 2 or 3 you already know what to expect pretty much.

Civ 5 takes away unit stacks, adds hexes, makes the game far more interesting and strategic in terms of combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom