• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon now displays Metacritic Score

jbug617

Banned
I find this to be very wrong.

CAjpNHv.png

oqXticQ.png

credit: Wario

Toki767

Eh. I'm sure some people might find it helpful when making their purchases, but I'd have to think this would dissuade purchases more than add to them.

Penguin

I'm terrible

It took me a while to even see it.

I mean its not like the site doesn't already have user reviews.

Sure those will be more helpful to customers.

Anion

I wonder if the number of people who give broken games reviews on how they were duped/tricked will be decreased.

My guess of probably not.

And dang, it's so tiny and missable.

gngf123

It's pretty much what Steam does then.

I don't think Metacritic is that great but user reviews are often pretty terrible as well.

vypek

I think Metacritic is a bad metric. And why would you need another rating system when you have your own in place? If anything a second one should be amazon verified purchase reviews only.

Because Metacritic isn't a good measure of how good or bad a game is especially when User Ratings are taken to account and unknown blogs out the woodworks have something to say about a game that can either negatively or positively affect a game. The point is to use your own judgement, not the judgment of others. This is a terrible idea that no will affect overall sales.

I don't think the average consumer cares. Rayman Legends was a critical success and it bombed hard. Divergent has a 39% on a Rotten Tomatoes and it has grossed more than Muppets Most Wanted.

rob305

Its good for the average consumer as well. It might save parents from buying complete turds for their kids

Salsa

Because Metacritic isn't a good measure of how good or bad a game is especially when User Ratings are taken to account and unknown blogs out the woodworks have something to say about a game that can either negatively or positively affect a game. The point is to use your own judgement, not the judgment of others. This is a terrible idea that no will affect overall sales.

uhm. People who care about reviews already google them before buying something. I don't really trust nor use reviews to decide my purchases either but I don't see how this adds or detracts to anything. It saves a step for consumers who care about that.

Saying I dont think this is bad or wrong doesnt mean I suddenly like Metacritic

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Metacritic only has as much power as we give it, and now It has all the more.

hwy_61

Banned
I have a buddy who the first thing he looks at before even considering a game is the MC score. I look at it like rotten tomatoes. It's for people who don't want to spend time reading reviews and trolling the internet for game impressions. I don't see anything wrong with this, but I know all lot of you are already pissed off about it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Don't see anything wrong with this, I've used it on occasion to get a very quick reference for a game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Steam has done this for years. No-one cares.

It's another sign of Metacritic's influence growing, which is definitely bad. This just adds more fuel onto the need for publishers to chase Metacritic scores by punishing devs and influencing reviewers. At least when it was only on Steam the publishers would ignore it like they do the PC market in general.

Top Bottom