• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale 2013

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks to my friend 7extonly on Steam for sending me his list so I didn't have to do much work on this at all. And then editing in what was in all the bundles, so I didn't have to do that.

Everything should be correct now.

Batman 1 is one of the weakest in the franchise, but Batman 2 is great fun, as are the Harry Potters and LOTR.

They are very similar, though, so I wouldn't necessarily suggest buying all of them at once. My personal favourites are the Harry Potters but then that's my favourite series of the three listed and I prefer the way the level hubs work in those games - LOTR has a giant sprawling map that can be a little barren at times, and Batman 2 has a big GTA-esque city and I'm not very good at driving in games...

Those are great prices for a lot of fun, but they are repetitive.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll grab LotR and HP and wait on Batman, since those are my favorite universes out of all 3 ;D.

Tony's perseverance can only achieve so much. At the end of the day, the publisher gets the final say, and given Amazon's DD store has exploded in popularity over the past year, I'm not surprised that he's been unable to convince certain publishers to discount some of their games as deeply as they had in the past.

But its those discounts that mostly caused the massive popularity surge anyways. :/

Too bad Sleeping Dogs doesn't come with all the DLC like before for $13. At least I'll probably have the money this time.

That bundle didn't have all the DLC though since Year of the Snake was missing from it but it would have been nice for it to reappear.

Haunted

Gotta agree with the prevailing sentiment, not that great of a sale tbh.

None of the games on my wishlist are there. Might go for Scribblenauts or Fuel... meh.

Kolgar

Clive Barker's Jericho is a steal for less than two bucks.

I know, I know. Lots of people bitched about it. Who cares. I played it and loved the creepy, supernatural storyline. Loved the shooting, which was solid and packed lots of variety because the game lets you switch characters on the fly. Loved the graphics, which created nightmare environments that looked sponsored by ID Software in its heyday.

I played this twice, and enjoyed the hell out of it both times.

$1.69, people. One U.S. dollar and sixty-nine cents.

This is either the worst Amazon Sale to date or some prices in the list are wrong.

Trasformers FoC for $45? Lmao what?

WillyFive

The LEGO games get quite some praise here... are the Batman, LotR, and Harry Potter ones worth getting?

LEGO Batman 2 has an original (and pretty funny) storyline, while Harry Potter and LotR are just based on the movies (LotR in particular uses voice clips straight from it). They are worth getting though, but I agree that if you get all three at once you will be burnt out quickly.

Gbraga

Clive Barker's Jericho is a steal for less than two bucks.

I know, I know. Lots of people bitched about it. Who cares. I played it and loved the creepy, supernatural storyline. Loved the shooting, which was solid and packed lots of variety because the game lets you switch characters on the fly. Loved the graphics, which created nightmare environments that looked sponsored by ID Software in its heyday.

I played this twice, and enjoyed the hell out of it both times.

$1.69, people. One U.S. dollar and sixty-nine cents.

Convinced me, once it hits that price I'll get it :)

smr00

Banned
The say farewell to February had way better stuff. Oh well, i am kind of glad there isn't anything here that interest me because steam sale is coming so the less i buy until then the better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But its those discounts that mostly caused the massive popularity surge anyways. ://

The logic seems to be that deeper discounts will attract customers and then you experiment with lesser discounts to see how they affect sales performance. We've seen this occur with quite a few publishers on Steam itself: last year Amazon's and Steam's Summer Sales overlapped and the former offered better prices in many cases.

Sanic

The cycle needs to refresh, aka we need a new store to hop on the scene so we can get good discounts again.

Labadal

I'll buy Rise of the Argonauts when it goes on sale because I've been curious about that game for some time. I have no interest in anything else.

I'll probably end up buying Fifa for a friend and Battlefield 3 Premium for me. Too bad Amazon doesn't sell Dishonored keys, it's pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to buy this summer.

gogogow

Unfortunately nothing this time. NFSMW still too expensive. If they made it into a tenner I might've purchased it. And why is there no separate Bioshock Infinite? The pack is ridiculously priced. $39.99? So BI is $34.99?! Eh, no thanks.

And just as expected from Amazon, loads of Paradox games and separate DLC's. Great for people who like Paradox games, but it seems these games are always there when a Amazon sale occures. So not many surprises.

Can someone tell me how to get these in the UK?

I have:

1. Set up a US Amazon account attached to my normal email address
2. Registered to Borderlinx to get my US address
3. Entered said address as my address for delivery on my US Amazon account

I still can't buy DD games :(

Where am I going wrong?

iNvid02

I have:

Where am I going wrong?

all i did was log into my existing account on amazon.com, add a random US address in the address book and use that when checking out. everything else like cc info remained the same

everything goes through fine on a visa credit card, never tried debit card

JaseC

I have:

Where am I going wrong?

Are you sure the US address is being used during checkout? You're given the option to change addresses if not.

Debit cards work just fine as they're functionally identical, just instead tied to a savings account rather than a credit account.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Some decent but predictable deals. A little higher prices than last year except for the newer bundled games like Bioshock Infinite.

all i did was log into my existing account on amazon.com, add a random US address in the address book and use that when checking out. everything else like cc info remained the same

Are you sure the US address is being used during checkout? You're given the option to change addresses if not.

Debit cards work just fine as they're functionally identical, just instead tied to a savings account rather than a credit account.

I tried again with the US address as the only address on my US Amazon account. Still says 'Game Downloads are only available to US customers'.

Is it because I'm using a VISA Debit card and the billing address is in the UK?

Or is it because my email address is tied to a UK address?

JaseC

I tried again with the US address as the only address on my US Amazon account. Still says 'Game Downloads are only available to US customers'.

Is it because I'm using a VISA Debit card and the billing address is in the UK?

Or is it because my email address is tied to a UK address?

Neither should be the cause: Amazon's checkout system doesn't check the address tied to the card and my Amazon account uses an e-mail address based where I am (Australia). Try changing your US address to that of Google's CA-based HQ; it's the address I use.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

Lucifon

Good work guys.

I'm tempted to try out Sims 3.

Some great Sims 3 deals on there, will probably pick up a few bits. Already own all the expansions other than World Adventures and Showtime but at $9.99 a pop I'll probably pick them both up and complete the set.

Are they doing any voucher things where you buy one thing and get a voucher for another? Amazon usually do that kinda thing.

Neither should be the cause: Amazon's checkout system doesn't check the address tied to the card and my Amazon account uses an e-mail address based where I am (Australia). Try changing your US address to that of Google's CA-based HQ; it's the address I use.

I just noticed this on the sale page:

Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

JaseC

I just noticed this on the sale page:

Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Yeah, you can ignore that; it's always been present on DD product pages.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I recall people having problems using Google's address...

Underwhelming sale. At least the stupid pricks aren't around to cry entitled. I like sales and spending less money for games why the fuck do you care if I want it for less?

JaseC

I recall people having problems using Google's address...

I've been using that address for yonks and have never had an issue outside of the (very) occasional order needing to be processed manually (which itself has never taken more than 15-20 minutes). The problems you reference are probably tied to the two general things you need to be aware of: you need to ensure that the state in which your nominated US address is based doesn't apply sales tax to digital goods and there's also the very faint risk that Amazon will temporarily disable your account if somebody realises that, given your physical order history, you're not actually based in the US.

Link Man

Banned
Kind of interested in Burnout Paradise, but then Amazon doesn't accept Paypal, and that's where all my spare cash is at the moment (Ebay sales).

I'll probably just wait and see what Steam does.

longdi

Banned
As cool as pc gaming is, i realised there is a lack of games....just go through 2 seasons of sales and you probably seen it all.

Top Bottom