• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale 2013

Gbraga

Capcom has always been bad about PC DD sales, though last year they stepped up their game. I'm hoping for deals on RE6 and DmC this time around.

They were like $20 until yesterday on Nuuvem, I'm expecting at least the same during the Steam Summer Sale.

Was hoping for $5 Dark Souls. I got halfway through the PS3 version before abandoning it.

I think $5 would be the sweet spot to consider starting over.

Pejo

Finally bit at AssCreed 3, a little over the 10 i originally allocated for it, but I've been wanting to check it out. Looks like that's it for me for this sale though.

Would have totally quadruple-dipped Rayman Origins for PC for 7 bucks if it was a Steam code. I think I figured out why I don't buy non-Steam games at this point. With the already ridiculous backlog I have, I would forget games i bought entirely if they weren't on one easy to manage list. Hell I've almost bought games I already own even using Steam.

DeVeAn

FUCK, didn't see any DRM for AC Revelations and it doesn't activate on Steam. So bummed out. $5 in the trash.

Aru

FUCK, didn't see any DRM for AC Revelations and it doesn't activate on Steam. So bummed out. $5 in the trash.

What's wrong with uPlay ? I mean, I'm not a fan of uPlay, but if that's the only way to activate a cheap game I bought, then I'd deal with it. And that's exactly what I'm doing since I've bought ACR for a few euros last week on GMG.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
singularity for $22.49? tell me that's $2.49 and a typo, i will be all over it...

I doubt it: looking at the prices of other Acti-published games in the sale, it seems Acti simply just okayed a 25% discount across the board.

Xanathus

Hope this sale brings more life to the AC3 multiplayer, I just started it and everyone I'm playing with is either 50 or has "prestiged".

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Thanks for the Borderlinx site OP! Never heard of it before. Incredibly easy to set-up. :)
Bought the Paradox Seas Bundle, can't wait to start playing Ship Sim Extremes. It's been a long time. :D

Volotaire

As cool as pc gaming is, i realised there is a lack of games....just go through 2 seasons of sales and you probably seen it all.

What do you mean lol.

If anything it has more choice of games than any other platform.

More Indies. Most of the multiplatforms. And PC Exclusives. Plus back catalog of 20 years +. With remakes as well.

I have no clue what you are on about.

I do agree, once you've been through multiple sales, you've seen the majority of the offers.

DeVeAn

You still have the game though...

What's wrong with uPlay ? I mean, I'm not a fan of uPlay, but if that's the only way to activate a cheap game I bought, then I'd deal with it. And that's exactly what I'm doing since I've bought ACR for a few euros last week on GMG.

One of the reasons I stayed away from PC gaming pre 2005 was not having games all in one place. It could be done but it was a mess. Ah well, lesson learned. Need to be more cautious is all.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
It includes everything bar the Deep Ocean expansion.

Thanks. I was confused because Deep Ocean is included in the description at the bottom of the page, but not in the list of DLC in that bundle:

The Development Package (bonus missions)
The Guardian Package (new buildings)
The Eden Series Package (ornamental buildings and decorations)
The Central Statistical Package (new building skins)
The Crisis Response Package (two new missions)
The Distrust Series Package (ornamental buildings and decorations)
The Silent Running Package (nuclear submarine and exclusive skin)
The Nordamark Line Package (buildings and skins)
The E.V.E. Package (UI overhaul)
The Eden Project (world event)
The Nordamark Border Conflict (world event)
Global Distrust (world event)

I wish "complete" and "ultimate" were actually reserved for bundles that included everything.

RoKKeR

Might jump on ACIII at $13. I burned through the game once on 360 and wasn't a big fan, but I want to take my time and get into the world a bit more.

Jarnet87

-Max Payne 3 for $10, were there dude.
-Bioshock triple pack (1,2,infinite) $40 is amazing value for anyone who hasn't played the series.

Labadal

As cool as pc gaming is, i realised there is a lack of games....just go through 2 seasons of sales and you probably seen it all.

You're ironic, right? I've bought a lot of new PC games this year and there are many others still coming out.

An-Det

As always, the Desert to Sea Bundle is a fucking amazing deal, everyone should have any play those games. Kinda disappointed that there is no simple 'Max Payne 3 Complete' for $10 when there is a MP + GTA/LA Noire Complete each for $20, so hopefully one of the sellers will have that.

Also lol at the Activision "sale" prices, always a hoot.

sprinkles

Capcom has always been bad about PC DD sales, though last year they stepped up their game. I'm hoping for deals on RE6 and DmC this time around.
That is the exact reason I got them on Nuuvem yesterday. Cannot trust Capcom's discounts, still waiting for a 5USD deal for Lost Planet after all this time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish "complete" and "ultimate" were actually reserved for bundles that included everything.

I also feel the same way about the "collection" moniker. EA's Mass Effect Collection on Steam is a bit of a joke as it obviously lacks the third instalment, for example.

Jarnet87

What is the end date on the Borderlands Bundleganza?

Edit: Nvm jumped on the deal anyways. Is it worth it to start with Borderlands 1, or just go straight into 2?

Gnub

I hate amazon's digital distribution method. Download and executable and install to get a frigging key? Is there any way around this?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Yeah this is the bane of PC gaming. You've played the sales game for so many years that finally the year has come where nothing is really worth getting or you have a majority of the games on sale. With that being said, I'm still looking at:

- Tony Hawk HD
- Baldur's Gate HD
- Poker Night 1 and 2 (unless Steam has it cheaper)
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Red River
etc.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dat Paradox seas bundle.

I will refrain because I haven't been playing the strategy games I own, but that is a nice bundle for someone who generally has the mainline Paradox titles.

Glad to see Ferrari Racing Legends will be $7.50 and Sonic Racing Transformed will be $10 (bundled with a bunch of Sonic games I have... hmmmm...)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is listed at $45... I heard it's a good game, but it came out same time as Sleeping Dogs and that's on sale for 5-10 bucks depending on the sale... o_O

Top Bottom