• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale 2013

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is listed at $45... I heard it's a good game, but it came out same time as Sleeping Dogs and that's on sale for 5-10 bucks depending on the sale... o_O

Activision is the worst with sales. Expect $45 for FoC to be the lowest you'll see for a while. It sucks but I guess that's their pricing strategy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Activision is the worst with sales. Expect $45 for FoC to be the lowest you'll see for a while. It sucks but I guess that's their pricing strategy.

Fall of Cybertron has been half off quite a few times (even on Amazon itself), and its most recent discount on Steam was to the tune of 66%: it's just that in this case Acti's involvement is completely half-arsed as all its games will be just 25% off.

Really, Acti's usually pretty good with sales if you exclude Call of Duty and TimeShift from the equation.

Edit: Oh, and that time Vampire didn't get a deep discount for ages and then Acti "trolled" just about everybody who had participated in this thread by making it a Daily Weekend Deal a couple of weeks after the 2011 Summer Sale.

Fall of Cybertron has been half off quite a few times (even on Amazon itself), and its most recent discount on Steam was to the tune of 66%: it's just that in this case Acti's involvement is completely half-arsed as all its games will be just 25% off. Really, Acti's usually pretty good with sales if you exclude Call of Duty and TimeShift from the equation.

Has it really? Dammit idk how I missed that.

JaseC

Has it really? Dammit idk how I missed that.

The sale was a few months ago, back in March, so there's a good chance that the game will be 75% off during the imminent Summer Sale. Also worth noting is that it's actually cheaper -- yes, cheaper -- on Steam AU ($50 rather than $60).

Just grabbed ACIII. Solid price, need to revisit it after my horrible experience with the 360 version.

I hear AC3 is a disaster for PC. Technical issues everywhere

Just hearing those things have kept me from buying it. I forced myself to play Splintercell Conviction last summer. I thought it had some really good gameplay held back by technical issues. I was thinking there is no way this game is going to give my 2600 and 570 any problems. It's a game that's about two years old. Yep, wrong. Game drops to 27FPS just by turning the camera in some moments with no action on screen.

Ubisoft games are always so hit and miss. Makes me wonder about Watch Dogs :-\

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So Dark Void/Dark Void Zero aren't steam activated?
Just found this out after buying.
LLShC.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Lol @ the prices of old CoD games and that Family Guy game. Holy Activision.

If activision would just let me cheaply catch up on the old CoD I might become a fan for the new ones. Seriously who in the world is still buying those games at those prices?

Leks

I hear AC3 is a disaster for PC. Technical issues everywhere

There are several issues on AMD cards, but it runs well on Nvidia. Almost constant 60fps with max settings (AA as its lowest ("normal"), MSAA and 16xAF via the Inspector) on my GTX 670. ~30fps when I'm using downsampling.

I agree tough, Ubisoft ports could be better.

Amazon sales are pain in the ass to keep tab on what is one sale and when with so many overlapping days of different sales period.

Steam sale has at least daily and flash deals. So I can just focus on that ignore others.

Labadal

Amazon sales are pain in the ass to keep tab on what is one sale and when with so many overlapping days of different sales period.

Steam sale has at least daily and flash deals. So I can just focus on that ignore others.

There's a good list in this very thread.

feel

Will probably grab the premium pass for BF3, been craving some BF action after the bf4 videos but vanilla bf3 maps are not cutting it.

JaseC

DAMN! When is there gonna be a sale on RE:Revelation???

Too many of these games are old and have had sales already.

It may be 25% or 33% off during Steam's Summer Sale. I'd be surprised if it's discounted further as the PC port is just barely a month old; even the latter is unlikely.

smr00

Banned
Looked through the list again and ended up getting Might & Magic Clash Of Heroes for $2.49, only deal on there i could find that was worth getting.

Don't know if it's the lowest it's ever been but it's a great game, loved it on PS3.

Thanks again for going the distance with such a detailed thread.

It is great for anyone who still needs them, though these Paradox titles/DLC have been cluttering up sale lists at all of the heavier hitters over the past couple of weeks. They are getting in the way of my impulses.

I find the borderlands bundle really frustrating cause I was stupid enough to buy the game too early, and you can't get the season pass for any less than that.

all I want is the season pass...

its worth it for the season pass alone... just trade or gift BL1 and 2 to someone. Not sure how you can complain about already getting the pass at a discount.

You could theoretically just wait for Steam to do there summer sale as well, which im sure each DLC pack will be discounted

DirtRiver

Those crysis 3 and dead space 3 prices are great... but it's origin.

Damn you EA!!

Origin is fine, never had problems with it. Don't hate on it and give it a try if you want to play the game (also because you will never get those games on Steam so there's that)

With that said, stay away from UPlay. Worst piece of shit software I have ever had to use.

demolitio

I wonder if War of the Roses: Kingmaker still has a decent community considering I did enjoy the beta but didn't think it was worth full price.

Agreed, even with the lists pointed out by Labadal Amazon has a long way to improve discoverability on their store. Sometimes less is more. Give us the tools to find out what is discounted when. I'm already trying to spend less so I'm not going to go out of my way to find things to buy. Out of all the sales Amazon most feels like a thrift store you're searching through piles of clothes hoping to find something in your size

Des0lar

will learn eventually
As cool as pc gaming is, i realised there is a lack of games....just go through 2 seasons of sales and you probably seen it all.

Guess I'll buy Jericho for $1.69 based off Kolgar's post.

This is something I came to realize a long time ago :-/

I have no idea where this is coming from. I have 460 games in my steam account and more than a hundred games in my wishlist. The only thing lacking is money to buy all that stuff. I have more pc games on my wishlist than I have for all consoles since the n64 combined.

smr00

Banned
Origin is fine, never had problems with it. Don't hate on it and give it a try if you want to play the game (also because you will never get those games on Steam so there's that)

With that said, stay away from UPlay. Worst piece of shit software I have ever had to use.
This. Maybe i came into the PC scene after Origin got better? Or maybe there was a real shitty time to be an origin user but since i got my PC back at the end of January i haven't had any problems whatsoever with Origin. I have about 30 games. Yeah, i would prefer to have everything in 1 place but whatever, it's all on my PC so taking the additional 5 seconds to click on an icon and have it load isn't a big deal.

Plus, let's not forgot how bad Steam was when it started. Back on topic, anyone know if new deals are coming daily? Or is it just a week-week thing? Cause i see deals for each week of July popping up.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
I have my Steam Wishlist updated and cross-checked every game I want and they are not going on sale on Amazon...wtf.

This includes games like the new DmC, Resident Evil 6, bunch of new indie games like The Swapper, Dishonored, and a bunch more.

Hopefully Steam steps up.

v0rtikal

-Bioshock triple pack (1,2,infinite) $40 is amazing value for anyone who hasn't played the series.

Not really:
Bioshock Dual Pack [Online Game Code] - 4.99 <-- in a few more days, that means you'll be getting Bioshock Infinite for $35, not that big of a discount.

kuYuri

Eh, other than a few good deals, it's a pretty weak summer sale based on the list. Then again, I can only blame myself for having so many of the games. :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If you don't have that analog to USB thing for rocksmith, how does it work? Can I just plug into my Audio Interface? If it's 14.99 and I don't have to buy anything else, that would be killer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you don't have that analog to USB thing for rocksmith, how does it work? Can I just plug into my Audio Interface? If it's 14.99 and I don't have to buy anything else, that would be killer.
I *think* you need the cable to play it, but I don't know if there are workarounds.

JaseC

I thought it included Deep Ocean too? The boxart says that it does, unless the download version is different?

Ah, I'm an idiot, haha. I misread the product names on Steam and thought the "DLC Complete Pack" was the Complete Edition. It does include everything:

Complete Edition

Anno 2070® Complete Edition includes the award-winning strategy game Anno 2070®, Anno 2070® Deep Ocean and all downloadable content packs. Also included and delivered via download: the complete Anno 2070 soundtrack, updated Tree of Technologies poster, and 152-page art book.

Top Bottom