• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK list Earthbound for Wii U.

Seik

Banned
Hum... Do you remember this?

22vps.jpg

EarthBound%20(U).png

It's bit crazy for a supposition, but why not lol.

Oh shit, why did I forget about this?!

It makes too much sense...damn.

I would seriously buy a WiiU if it's a Mother/EarthBound 1+2+3 compilation.

I'm considering buying one just for the VC just so I can show Nintendo that people here DO love EB, but a retail release would be the tits!

LOCK

What if it is a compilation for the Fall along with the announcement of a new game.

Itoi trolling us all.

trinest

Didn't all that Monolith stuff get announced anyway?

Pretty sure we talked in depth about those artworks and eventurally found their purpose/game?

Niwa

If we get another Mother I'll cry. This would probaly bring a lot of people who lost their passion for games back.

Richie

Well, it's got to be some sort of physical release, right? The idea of a collection still lives!

I was asking about this James Scott fellow, on his Twitter he says he focuses on Nintendo news, but the way Nibel and others reacted to his tweet, I thought he was an insider or something.

Trike

Even better, Iwata or Miyamoto during the E3 Nintendo Direct:

"Every game in the Mother/Earthbound series on 1 retail disc
Bonus soundtrack CD included
A dozen scratch-n-sniff stickers included
In-game full color 180 page strategy guide, one for each game
$29.99 retail, exchange rate adjusted for Europe
10 languages, including English and Japanese, available for each game

Oh, and it'll be available *dramatic pause*... right now. On store shelves this very moment."

Imagine the bombs.

Uh, why would the full color part of the in-game strategy guides be a surprise? Has a game included a strategy guide that isn't color? Also that last part would be terrible. It is like they want it to bomb again.

eXistor

Prediction: Earthbound 1+2+3 in a red Wii U case for a fair price of 20-30 bucks

I think that's the best we can hope for. Hope it's true, it's money in the bank for Nintendo and creates a lot of goodwill for Nintendo fans.

Raitaro

Sorry to bump this inactive thread, but since Earthbound is now actually out on the Wii U VC, does anyone have a clue why Amazon still has the game listed (without price information or an option to buy it, unlike before)?

I see three possibilities:
(1) at some point Nintendo planned a disc release for Earthbound, had sent this info out to retailers but then decided to not go through with it;
(2) the Amazon page refers to an unannouced Wii U Earthbound game (which seems quite unlikely) or a Mother collection disc (which also seems unlikely);
(3) the whole page on Amazon is a mistake and it actually does refer simply to the VC release.

Make no mistake, I would be extremely happy with any new Earthbound release, but realistically opion (3) is the most likely. Anyone have any other theories?

Eusis

Even better, Iwata or Miyamoto during the E3 Nintendo Direct:

"Every game in the Mother/Earthbound series on 1 retail disc
Bonus soundtrack CD included
A dozen scratch-n-sniff stickers included
In-game full color 180 page strategy guide, one for each game
$29.99 retail, exchange rate adjusted for Europe
10 languages, including English and Japanese, available for each game

Oh, and it'll be available *dramatic pause*... right now. On store shelves this very moment."

Imagine the bombs.
Not to the same degree as the Saturn launch, but that'd probably have just pissed off retailers.

Ofcourse it IS funny how the digital equivalent (with no retailers to piss off) DID happen, so there we go.
Sorry to bump this inactive thread, but since Earthbound is now actually out on the Wii U VC, does anyone have a clue why Amazon still has the game listed (without price information or an option to buy it, unlike before)?

I see three possibilities:
(1) at some point Nintendo planned a disc release for Earthbound, had sent this info out to retailers but then decided to not go through with it;
(2) the Amazon page refers to an unannouced Wii U Earthbound game (which seems quite unlikely) or a Mother collection disc (which also seems unlikely);
(3) the whole page on Amazon is a mistake and it actually does refer simply to the VC release.

Make no mistake, I would be extremely happy with any new Earthbound release, but realistically opion (3) is the most likely. Anyone have any other theories?
If they're selling codes to redeem on eShop that could be the fourth possible reason. Though I tried to find some codes on GameStop as an example but couldn't, and I'm pretty sure Amazon USA has turned its back on selling digital codes, so I don't really know what's going on there.

Eusis

But at least this is a bump that makes sense.
Yeah, now that the game's out it's a great time to go "so what IS going on with this listing?" Mistake or eShop are the only two possibilities that make sense to me, and right now the former seems more likely.

Sacul64

Banned
Now we have the new Miiverse announcement page that seems like it could be for something larger, possibly a Mother 2/Earthbound 2 remake for the Wii U.

Now we have the new Miiverse announcement page that seems like it could be for something larger, possibly a Mother 2/Earthbound 2 remake for the Wii U.

First thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread again, I'm hyped for any developments in the series, for sure.

hatchx

Banned
Retailer pages and Amazon pages get way too much attention on GAF.

When was the last time we got a solid retailer leak about a game.....let alone a Nintendo 1st party game.....let alone a game that would be a pretty big surprise for fans.

I think this is just an error TBH.

Sacul64

Banned

When was the last time we got a solid retailer leak about a game.....let alone a Nintendo 1st party game.....let alone a game that would be a pretty big surprise for fans.

Super Luigi U Retail edition IIRC.

It's not a Nintendo game, but Mirror's Edge 2 comes to mind. It leaked via retailers repeatedly.

Peagles

Aww doh!

Hello,

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

"Earthbound (Nintendo Wii U)"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account (http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account).

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department Amazon.co.uk https://www.amazon.co.uk/?tag=

Raitaro

^^^^

Well, that solves that little mystery. I would like to say that I don't care because we did get Earthbound on the VC, but that would be lying. When it comes to Mother, I do care too much to let this go so easily. I would have loved to see some physical release of Earthbound, Mother 3, both, or perhaps even a new game. And after all the subtle signs and Mother acknowledgments from Nintendo of the past year, the chances of a new game being announced actually seemed to be increasing.

Oh well...

Paskil

A new Mother/Earthbound (not 3) is probably the only thing that would get me to buy a WiiU before the price drops. Otherwise, sometime in the second half of next year is seeming to be the likely time that I will jump in.

Peagles

The listing us still up, curiously, but you can only sign up to be notified.

Onett Times better bring us something cool to make up for this! Hehe.

If you've played Earthbound, the game is pretty damn awesome in everything it does and to have a Wii U version with updated graphics and all is asking for a budget that I don't think Nintendo is willing to go for. No surprise that a Wii U earthbound is not in development.

Top Bottom