• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon US Removes Zelda Wii U Search Listings

MiTYH

I'm prime, preorded WiiU version beginning of January. As of now it STILL shows 3/31 delivery. I chatted someone earlier this week, and support said don't worry. Call/chatted two others today, they both said they have 0 stock, it's delayed, first-order-first-serve and you'll get it when you get it

I just made a pickup in store BB order, so we'll see which comes first

pdog128

Just heard back from Amazon. My order is still showing a 3/7 arrival date, and their email said:

Upon checking, we don't have any more stock of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more. Our supply of some these items are limited, and these products sell out quickly.

We'll do our best to get the item for you, and we'll send an e-mail as soon as we have more information.

They offered an $11.99 refund, which is better than nothing I suppose. I would rather have the game this weekend, so it looks like I'll be searching for it tomorrow. But a net price of $35 is nice, too.

ZeroCoin

I'm prime, preorded WiiU version beginning of January. As of now it STILL shows 3/31 delivery. I chatted someone earlier this week, and support said don't worry. Call/chatted two others today, they both said they have 0 stock, it's delayed, first-order-first-serve and you'll get it when you get it

I just made a pickup in store BB order, so we'll see which comes first

Yeah, that's not true. No way it's being handled by order date. I ordered February 7th and mine has shipped without any issue. I'd start another chat session up and see if you could at least get a discount.

MiTYH

Yeah, that's not true. No way it's being handled by order date. I ordered February 7th and mine has shipped without any issue. I'd start another chat session up and see if you could at least get a discount.

I might try again in a bit. BB seems safe now-- said it's ready for pickup tomorrow. So at least I should be able to get that, and then raise some holy hell with Amazon

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Posts like this are scaring the shit out of me.

Still at "shipping now".

Amazon also shifted my release day delivery to expected Tues next week(shipping tmrw).
Best Buy still has me at "processing" stage with an expected delivery of today(doubtful unless they ship it via overnight which I doubt they will)

I may just rush out tomorrow and take my chances at retail stores to play this game over the weekend and cancel/return both of these online orders if/when they do arrive. This is turning out to be a pre-order blunder.

.J.

Banned
Has anyone contacted Amazon to discuss securing the 20% preorder discount you would have gotten if they didn't remove the listing? I'd really like to have locked that down, but now there's no way to access the listing for the Switch OR the Wii U versions.

After Amazon changed my delievery date from Tommorrow to next Tuesday I just canceled it.

But....

Just went to my local Gamestop and they confirmed they received just 5 extra copies on the WiiU. I just pre-ordered one 30 minutes ago to pick up tonight at midnight.

Very low shipment of extra copies...

Wensih

Just an update on my issue (expected delivery date was 31st for Amazon preorder). I contacted Amazon, they assured me it would arrive sooner and gave me $5 for the inconvenience. A few days later it changed back to March 3rd delivery and has shipped.

Edit: my preorder was placed January 2016.

Krakn3Dfx

My Wii U copy was showing as a 3/7 delivery even tho it said Release Date Delivery when I ordered, I chatted with them this morning and they changed it to overnight, so I'll get it tomorrow. They charged me $3.99 shipping, but according to the Amazon guy, that will be refunded once the game arrives.

Persona7

Banned
After Amazon changed my delievery date from Tommorrow to next Tuesday I just canceled it.

But....

Just went to my local Gamestop and they confirmed they received just 5 extra copies on the WiiU. I just pre-ordered one 30 minutes ago to pick up tonight at midnight.

Very low shipment of extra copies...

This is typical. Even big games sometimes get very few extra copies at gamestop. Worst place to try and get a game without a pre-order as they are tiny stores compared to Walmart or Target who get tons of copies.

JeTmAn81

Didn't even think about the fact that I could pick up my Gamestop preorder at midnight tonight. Guess I'll do that!

Melchior

Yea my order got pushed back to next week so I just cancelled and am getting it through the eshop. Was hoping for some sort of preload but I guess they don't plan on putting that out.

Cancelled my pre-order on Amazon which was set to arrive next Tuesday and ordered it through Best Buy for pickup tomorrow (along with some Zelda amiibo).

I still have the guide pre-ordered through Amazon and that isn't set to arrive until Wednesday.

Lady Gaia

Amazon reinstated my 3/3 delivery date back on Tuesday, at which point it was already too late to cancel my Best Buy order. Oh well, I can always return it to the local store. I can confirm that both have shipped and have delivery scheduled tomorrow.

Zips

Within the last two days mine went from 'we'll let you know' to processing, to two week delivery time with shipping next week, to shipping today, to shipped (with tracking number) and expected arrival tomorrow.

Yay!

Canceled my amazon order. Was stuck on preparing for shipment and saw that best buy in store pickup for today was still available so I ordered there instead.

Woo! My Switch isn't coming until Monday!
So pissed off. So fucking pissed off. How is this acceptable?
Think I'll just do what I've always done and just go brick and mortar from now on.
First time I've gotten a console at launch from an internet outlet. Last time, too.

I pre-ordered mine when they became available on Amazon. I received the email last week letting me know the shipping date was still up in the air, but then I received a message yesterday saying it would be here today. It showed up like 10 minutes ago. I'm not sure why they're changing shipping dates to next week unless they just didn't have enough copies for everyone today.

All 5 new Amiibo figures are all up and can be ordered now, as well.

HCgamer

I cancelled my amazon preorder the other day today I picked up the wii u version at bestbuy during my lunch break.

Azlan

Amazon still says that it is arriving today by 8pm, but it also says shipping soon. Either they are testing out their new drone system on me, tracking is broken, or they are deliberately lying to me. This shall not stand. Heh.

LoveCake

UK GAF here, I received this email at 2am this morning:

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Wii U)"
    Estimated arrival date: March 06 2017

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Amazon.co.uk

And at 3pm today I received this email:

Hello,

Your order -------------------------------------- for "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Wii U)" has been delayed. Whilst we hope to be able to deliver your order in the next few days, we do not have an expected delivery date. We will update you as soon as we have one.

To apologise for the delay we’ve added a £5 credit to your account. Your £5 promotional credit won't appear in the "View gift card balance" section of the "Your Account" link. The promotional balance will automatically be redeemed against your next eligible order on Amazon.co.uk.

When you place a qualifying order, you'll be able to see that the value of your promotional balance has been deducted from the total cost of that order. Any unused funds will be retained in your account to be used at a later date.

Promotional balances must be redeemed on Amazon.co.uk, towards the purchase of products sold by Amazon. Promotional balances cannot be used to purchase Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, items sold by third party Sellers (including Warehouse Deals) or products sold and distributed by Audible, or against delivery or gift wrapping costs.

As we do not have an expected delivery for your order we’d like to offer you the chance to purchase "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [Wii U Download Code]” for the same price and have included a promotional code to allow you do this.

What's going on???

My two copies I ordered of the game got pushed to shipping for March 7/8 which has angered me. They haven't even sent it out for shipping yet. Poor handling as I planned to play it this weekend. I don't even know how to file a complaint to them.

creid

My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet, but they say it will arrive within 6 hours. Sure Amazon, sure.

SOME-MIST

since mine was also delayed, I spoke with 3 reps about my order that was already paid in full using a gift card. When I checked out months ago it said it would be release-day delivery. each rep I talked to referred to the current listing on amazon and said "it doesn't have release-day shipping any longer" which wasn't the point. I got nothing for my inconvenience, so I cancelled zelda and my 3 other outstanding preorders, spoke to another rep to have my gift card balance refunded, and opened a best buy gamers club membership.

thanks for nudging me in the right direction amazon.

MiTYH

Mine is out for delivery. Didn't pre-order until Feb 7th. Had no issues.

No offense to you personally, but that's just outrageous! People have been on the preorder list for months, and until last night mine said March 31st. I finally went ahead and "changed" shipping speed to two-day, even though I'm prime and had the two/same day thing going, and bam, it updated instantly to March 7th.

Still complained in Chat, and got a free month of prime added to my account. So, not what I wanted (the game), but it's... something at least.

Now that I think about it, I had to do a similar "change" in shipping speed to Pokemon Sun, but I did it a week before, so I guess it was enough time to get it on the release day. I don't generally pre-order, but I'm thinking this is more a Nintendo/Amazon problem than just an Amazon thing

Derkon

Just got my copy from Amazon, it was sitting on "shipping today" for a while but went to "out for delivery" pretty fast.

Red

Got it.

OKMwLmE.jpg

RedSwirl

So what does "out for delivery" mean? That it's already on the way to your house?

I pre-ordered mine on Wii U like a couple weeks ago. It says "arriving today."

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Arrived at 7:58pm.

Fuckin' hate UPS.

Ha, same happened to me with UPS.

5:00am - Listed as out for delivery (Great might even get it real early!)
7:45pm - Delivered. I guess I was the last freaking stop in the entire drop-off schedule for the day.

It is here on launch day at least.

Top Bottom